Thread: Common INTJ Issues

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Common INTJ Issues

A lot of issues that INTJs have relate to Ni taking an overly dominant role in their personality. Some examples of this:

Don't listen to other perspectives - At times, the INTJ can quickly dismiss things that others might say and have a tendency to come across like they think they are always right. Even if they do listen, they may not come across like they are. The explanation for much of this is that the INTJ can use Te to cut off new information rather than the more productive use of Te, which is to judge their insights against the external world.

Overly critical - INTJs are prone to finding fault in things and situations to an excessive degree. They can tend to blame others for things that go wrong or apply judgement towards others rather than themselves.

Don't know know how they come across to others - INTJs, especially when young can be pretty oblivious as to how they come across to other people.

Unrealistic expectations - INTJs can have excessive expectations of others as well as themselves. Nobody measures up.

Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they thing.

Occasional indecision - Though this is not usually a problem, at times the INTJ can be overwhelmed by all of the different pieces of information, scenarios and sides of an issue making it difficult to reach a decision.

Edit: So, a lot of this is standard INTJ profile stuff. Do you agree with this? Do you see other issues? The thread is targeted at both INTJs and non-INTJs to comment on.

I'm sure the non-INTJs should have plenty to say.
    Last edited by highlander; 04-08-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

What prompted you to open this thread? Your post is mostly a redescription of the standard INTJ profile.
    Likes Bknight, ImNoBozo liked this post

Riva

Have found that INTJs are REALLY good at reading intentions of others' actions but aren't good at READING the feelings of others. (Am I being rude etc?) A common INTJ issue this is? Not sure. I find them generally to be concerned not to hurt others intentionally though.

Also as Nico the Visigoth said, this seems to be a standard INTJ description thread.

Maybe @highlander you should ask other INTJs to include issues they believe they posses which they have realized?
    Likes Bknight liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Have found that INTJs are REALLY good at reading intentions of others' actions but aren't good at READING the feelings of others. (Am I being rude etc?) A common INTJ issue this is? Not sure. I find them generally to be concerned not to hurt others intentionally though.

Also as Nico the Visigoth said, this seems to be a standard INTJ description thread.

Maybe @highlander you should ask other INTJs to include issues they believe they posses which they have realized?
    It depends on the INTJ. Some INTJs are so mature and balanced and full of pertinent information and insights, and others are convinced that the mother ship will land any day now, and that nothing that I know nor am good at measures up to their superior (but oblivious) preferences for thought.

I find that I really like INTJ wimminz, even, like on another forum I noticed that a couple of the females I converse with regularly are INTJs.

I don't know if it's my function order or what, but I find xNTJs in general to be very extreme, like I love them or hate them. I have very strong reactions to xNTJs for good or ill.

But anyway, sometimes they have really good insights into other people, and sometimes they are having Ni/Fi tunnel vision with Te oversimplification, and they are so used to being "right" that they can't see how wrong they are, or what they're missing,%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I find that I really like INTJ wimminz,
    Read that initially as 'wizards'. Rather disappointed.

Supreme High Commander Array Andy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What prompted you to open this thread? Your post is mostly a redescription of the standard INTJ profile.
    Are you trying to demonstrate INTJs being over critical?
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.
    Likes Mew_22 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Are you trying to demonstrate INTJs being over critical?
    Yes, only that.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yes, only that.
    I guess its the indirect attempt to talk about what the problems are for intjs and for starters the general profile is quoted so one doesnt take side too much.
    (Thats at least the best interpretation I could come up with )
    assemblage 23 - barren

"People do not like you to be different. If ever in your life you act differently from others, you will find it so, mademoiselle."
    ~Saint's Progress by John Galsworthy

But there are a million and two threads about that already.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I guess he wanted a sticky thread.
    Within a year, he'll be called a visionary.
    Legions of confused ENFPs will thank him for all the gathered knowledge.
    Legions of INTJs will deny that they fit the description.
    But, for now, we can call the thread useless/dumb.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------
    Likes Evastover, Rico, Mew_22 liked this post

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast