User Tag List

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Common INTJ Issues

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Control is not to be confused with command, though. One results from a need for self-preservation, the other from having a small penis (or none at all).
    your linear comments and the glance of your avatar is creepying me out... you are an ENFP aren-t you XD

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeka View Post
    hahaha! ENFP dating an INTJ and looking for behaviour responses here! LOL XD
    hah I hope you find them
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------
    Likes Rebeka liked this post

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeka View Post
    hahaha! ENFP dating an INTJ and looking for behaviour responses here! LOL XD
    In that case, I recommend you peruse this thread.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Rebeka liked this post

Don't listen to other perspectives[/B] - At times, the INTJ can quickly dismiss things that others might say and have a tendency to come across like they think they are always right. Even if they do listen, they may not come across like they are. The explanation for much of this is that the INTJ can use Te to cut off new information rather than the more productive use of Te, which is to judge their insights against the external world.

My Response:
    So, do I have a preference for my own views, insights, thoughts, beliefs and conclusions? Yes. Do I try to remain open and unbiased? Usually.

Overly critical - INTJs are prone to finding fault in things and situations to an excessive degree. They can tend to blame others for things that go wrong or apply judgement towards others rather than themselves.

My Response:
    This seems very arrogant to me. I can be critical but I am also inclined to blame myself or circumstances before another person. I can be quite self critical though and probably too much so, which is also a form of arrogance since who I am to demand such perfection of myself.

Don't know know how they come across to others - INTJs, especially when young can be pretty oblivious as to how they come across to other people.

My Response:
    I am not always aware of how I come across and other times I am. I think I am more aware in specific situations than I am of the overall impression I make.

Unrealistic expectations - INTJs can have excessive expectations of others as well as themselves. Nobody measures up.

My Response:
    Yes, often, though harder on myself most of the time. If I have decided that you are a friend or loved one then I tend to be very loyal and give the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes too much.

Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they thing.

My Response:
    Yes. Sometimes I am very articulate and other times I cannot express myself at all. Frustrating because I hate to sound stupid.

Occasional indecision - Though this is not usually a problem, at times the INTJ can be overwhelmed by all of the different pieces of information, scenarios and sides of an issue making it difficult to reach a decision.

My Response:
    Yes. This will bother me as I like to be decisive. If I cannot decide it's because I feel I don't have enough information.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Litsnob View Post
    Don't listen to other perspectives[/B] - At times, the INTJ can quickly dismiss things that others might say and have a tendency to come across like they think they are always right. Even if they do listen, they may not come across like they are. The explanation for much of this is that the INTJ can use Te to cut off new information rather than the more productive use of Te, which is to judge their insights against the external world.

My Response:
    So, do I have a preference for my own views, insights, thoughts, beliefs and conclusions? Yes. Do I try to remain open and unbiased? Usually.

Overly critical - INTJs are prone to finding fault in things and situations to an excessive degree. They can tend to blame others for things that go wrong or apply judgement towards others rather than themselves.

My Response:
    This seems very arrogant to me. I can be critical but I am also inclined to blame myself or circumstances before another person. I can be quite self critical though and probably too much so, which is also a form of arrogance since who I am to demand such perfection of myself.

Don't know know how they come across to others - INTJs, especially when young can be pretty oblivious as to how they come across to other people.

My Response:
    I am not always aware of how I come across and other times I am. I think I am more aware in specific situations than I am of the overall impression I make.

Unrealistic expectations - INTJs can have excessive expectations of others as well as themselves. Nobody measures up.

My Response:
    Yes, often, though harder on myself most of the time. If I have decided that you are a friend or loved one then I tend to be very loyal and give the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes too much.

Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they thing.

My Response:
    Yes. Sometimes I am very articulate and other times I cannot express myself at all. Frustrating because I hate to sound stupid.

Occasional indecision - Though this is not usually a problem, at times the INTJ can be overwhelmed by all of the different pieces of information, scenarios and sides of an issue making it difficult to reach a decision.

My Response:
    Yes. This will bother me as I like to be decisive. If I cannot decide it's because I feel I don't have enough information.
    Yeah, a lot of these apply differently to INTJ 9s. For example, we come across as more forceful than we really are, whereas INTJ 8s, 1s and 5s to a degree actually are that forceful and often heedless of their effects on other people. 9-ness only partially mitigates things, though. INTJ 9s are very opinionated 9s, moreso than most 9s (who tend to be IxxP or IxFx).
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Litsnob liked this post

MBTI
    xSTP

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Yeah, a lot of these apply differently to INTJ 9s. For example, we come across as more forceful than we really are, whereas INTJ 8s, 1s and 5s to a degree actually are that forceful and often heedless of their effects on other people. 9-ness only partially mitigates things, though. INTJ 9s are very opinionated 9s, moreso than most 9s (who tend to be IxxP or IxFx).
    Dom Pi...the opinionated function...erm...i mean internal perception
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes uumlau, Litsnob liked this post

The 9 as a mitigating factor is a bit like my mother's voice in my head. ;-)
    Likes uumlau liked this post

I now think it's that 9w1 of mine as well as being raised by an ISFJ mother with very strong Fe that had me confused and I was identifying as INFJ for awhile. My Fe and Fi seemed equal but I chose the Fe traits because they seem 'nicer' and I was raised to put others first always. Eventually I realised that it was a difference between my preference and what I believed I 'should' prefer. This conflict was actually eating away at me to some degree. Thanks for pointing out how the 9 will have contributed to this. I am indeed very opinionated but most of the time also quite tactful. Sometimes I resent that because I just want to say my bit without feeling guilt about offending people. LOL

edited for typo
    Last edited by Litsnob; 01-06-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Litsnob View Post
    I now think it's that 9w1 of mine as well as being raised by an ISFJ mother with very strong Fe that had me confused and I was identifying as INFJ for awhile. My Fe and Fi seemed equal but I chose the Fe traits because they seem 'nicer' and I was raised to put others first always. Eventually I realised that it was a difference between my preference and what I believed I 'should' prefer. This conflict was actually eating away at me to some degree. Thanks for pointing out how the 9 will have contributed to this. I am indeed very opinionated but most of the time also quite tactful. Sometimes I resent that because I just want to say my bit without feeling guilt about offending people. LOL

edited for typo
    Ha!

My mom was INFJ. Go figure.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Litsnob liked this post

Ha!

My mom was INFJ. Go figure.
    My Dad is an ESTJ (another type with some negative stereotypes but he's a really great person) and thus with the strong Te we really tend to relate well to each other in many ways. Mum just shakes her head. lol

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031