User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    ALL of the INxx types, however, whether judging or perceiving or thinking or feeling are characteristically thoughtful people who love knowledge and generally seek to expand their understanding of everything. They all tend to live inside their heads, and think about things not just because it's fun, but because they practically cannot help but do so.
    This is a point that is often overlooked in the tendency to compare knowledge for its own sake (INTP) with knowledge for application (INTJ). Each type in our own way, we simply do this, because it is how we approach the world.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I wonder if insomnia is a common problem among INTJs. I suffer from insomnia often, and it's because I can't turn my brain off when I'm trying to sleep. It just goes a mile a minute, replaying the events and conversations of the day, pondering what might happen the next day, or sometimes even just random song lyrics or quotes from movies. It's ridiculous. I wish I could tell my brain to shut up.
    It has been years since I last tried to sleep without something playing in the background, films, audiobooks, ASMR videos. It keeps me from running the mental marathon. It used to rob me of hours of sleep when I was younger.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I'm pretty much the same way and I used to just assume everyone was like that. But apparently there are people who conk out when their head hits the pillow. I can't comprehend that.
    My ENFJ does this, I have no idea how. I have to read and I need some kind of white background noise plus a fan. It's the only way I can sleep. I still have insomnia from time to time but it is better than it use to be.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would you INTJs say you agree with this? (from this page):

...the INTP has a definite thirst for universal, underlying knowledge. Unlike the INTJ who seeks to understand their environment in order to get a foothold on it, the INTP seeks to understand the principles behind the environment in order to get a foothold on their understanding of it. The INTJ seeks knowledge as a means to an end, being whatever goal they’ve decided they need to accomplish in the outside world, while the INTP seeks knowledge for its own sake, so that they can better understand the theoretical principles running the universe. In this way the INTJ is more materialistic while the INTP is more metaphysical. The INTJ wants to grasp an idea in their hands and use it as a tool, to substantiate it or manifest it in reality, while the INTP doesn’t care as much if this happens, seeing as reality is a world of appearances, and they are interested in the underlying truths behind it. INTPs search for dispassionate knowledge, separate from emotional baggage or unessential appearances. This is why the INTP is perceived as very ponderous, because they often are. They prefer the thinking over the actual doing, and they may even struggle with sticking with a project long enough for it to fully mature in reality, due to the thirst of their Ne for more and more possibilities over complete ones.
    Well when it comes to me and my INTJ friend, he is the more theoretical and further away from reality when it comes to stuff like physics, while i can better evaluate for example how much force some material can take before breaking(however i have been working with various metals and other materials more), but its true that i do the evaluation by "looking" inside the material and judging the underlying principles of it, pretty much from what i can see to the atomic structure if needed. While im like constantly interested on everything thats going on around me and "studying" it, INTJ only pays attention when he feels like it. Im not saying which one of us is better at grasping theoretical parts of physics, but the INTJ is definitely more interested on that sort of stuff compared to real world physics, or "materialistic" stuff. Also he is the one who is scrolling reddit for more meaningless knowledge(as in stuff like science news that has no real world application to him) many hours a day, but i on the other hand might pick up a subject and then study it throughout for hours, days or sometimes even weeks, just because..

So its kinda true, but the reality is more complex than just that.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    4 sp
    Socionics
    entj Ni

is the reality we see as intjs abit too far out of reach? then it makes us look stupid or crazy then i just recognize people as really being narrow minded...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bnova View Post
    is the reality we see as intjs abit too far out of reach? then it makes us look stupid or crazy then i just recognize people as really being narrow minded...
    This is fairly close to the truth. The way we INTJs look at things (how everything connects together) is what often makes us look not only stupid or crazy but often really smart, because the way we look at things is why some otherwise extremely complex problems are very intuitively easy for us to solve. But it isn't that INTJs are "smarter" or "crazier" than other types, so much as we cognitively look at things in an unusually rare sort of way.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Bnova liked this post

Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Common INTJ issue: You're not an INTJ.
    tumblr
    It's no fun to lose.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bnova View Post
    More often it is simply out of the reach of people who don't realize we can actually get there.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I don't pursue knowledge for it's own sake. I pursue it if it's interesting.

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Common INTJ issue: they're not INTPs.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :D
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: