First 162425262728 Last

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

I think this is it: A More Honest Look into MBTI Descriptions: The INFP | the philosophical boy

Actually, it does sound like what uumlau wrote.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    I think this is it: A More Honest Look into MBTI Descriptions: The INFP | the philosophical boy

Actually, it does sound like what uumlau wrote.
    That's a great link. Thanks!
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

I guess it's cool. I'm not too impressed with some parts of it though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

It's certainly tongue-in-cheek. A lot of figuring out typology is gathering a lot of different perspectives and figuring out which pieces are almost always true for a type, which are common but not always present, and what kind of not-true-to-type stuff might be present that doesn't necessarily indicate that one isn't a particular type.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I am a problem detector, my brain is good at solving.. of course I’d be critical.
    but it’s a skill that I personally use to develop things. It’s a way I show I care.
    But of course to be away from drama, I won’t express my thoughts for other people unless they ask me and it’s necessary..
    You still think I’m complaining? I’d waist no time in being better if I can.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ||||||||||||
    …Order >> Chaos >> Order
    ————

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I often find that when I am pessimistic about how something will turn out, I will ignore the possibilities of it turning out well in the end, because I'm absolutely sure it will end up in failure. So, when others tell me not to worry because there's a chance something could go right, I don't budge at all. I block them out because I know, in my mind, it will be a failure.

However, there are times I've been wrong about an outcome, which is always pleasantly surprising. All in all, I'm still largely a pessimist.

I'm also overly analytical. If I detect a problem in my life, I won't rest until I can solve it. I will analyze it until I'm chasing my own tail. I often feel the need to "switch off my brain", which only results in unsuccessful attempts, because even unconsciously, I'm analyzing it. I can practically feel my brain working out of my control.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Just out of curiosity, would you INTJs say you agree with this? (from this page):

...the INTP has a definite thirst for universal, underlying knowledge. Unlike the INTJ who seeks to understand their environment in order to get a foothold on it, the INTP seeks to understand the principles behind the environment in order to get a foothold on their understanding of it. The INTJ seeks knowledge as a means to an end, being whatever goal they’ve decided they need to accomplish in the outside world, while the INTP seeks knowledge for its own sake, so that they can better understand the theoretical principles running the universe. In this way the INTJ is more materialistic while the INTP is more metaphysical. The INTJ wants to grasp an idea in their hands and use it as a tool, to substantiate it or manifest it in reality, while the INTP doesn’t care as much if this happens, seeing as reality is a world of appearances, and they are interested in the underlying truths behind it. INTPs search for dispassionate knowledge, separate from emotional baggage or unessential appearances. This is why the INTP is perceived as very ponderous, because they often are. They prefer the thinking over the actual doing, and they may even struggle with sticking with a project long enough for it to fully mature in reality, due to the thirst of their Ne for more and more possibilities over complete ones.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would you INTJs say you agree with this? (from this page):

...the INTP has a definite thirst for universal, underlying knowledge. Unlike the INTJ who seeks to understand their environment in order to get a foothold on it, the INTP seeks to understand the principles behind the environment in order to get a foothold on their understanding of it. The INTJ seeks knowledge as a means to an end, being whatever goal they’ve decided they need to accomplish in the outside world, while the INTP seeks knowledge for its own sake, so that they can better understand the theoretical principles running the universe. In this way the INTJ is more materialistic while the INTP is more metaphysical. The INTJ wants to grasp an idea in their hands and use it as a tool, to substantiate it or manifest it in reality, while the INTP doesn’t care as much if this happens, seeing as reality is a world of appearances, and they are interested in the underlying truths behind it. INTPs search for dispassionate knowledge, separate from emotional baggage or unessential appearances. This is why the INTP is perceived as very ponderous, because they often are. They prefer the thinking over the actual doing, and they may even struggle with sticking with a project long enough for it to fully mature in reality, due to the thirst of their Ne for more and more possibilities over complete ones.
    In principle, there isn't anything "incorrect", here. There are implications that are untrue, however, if taken too far. It is true, for example, that the INTP extroverts ideation (Ne), and the INTJ extroverts accomplishment (Te). And if you're trying to type someone, it's a useful distinction to make.

ALL of the INxx types, however, whether judging or perceiving or thinking or feeling are characteristically thoughtful people who love knowledge and generally seek to expand their understanding of everything. They all tend to live inside their heads, and think about things not just because it's fun, but because they practically cannot help but do so. INFPs and INTPs, as Ne aux, tend to ponder things in terms of universal principles. INTJ and INFJ, Ni doms, tend to ponder things in terms of underlying meanings and connections, which, while more limited and context-based, explain far more of reality than such limited observations would seem possible to explain. Because the "Ni principles" are context based, they tend to be more readily applicable in practical ways, whether in terms of understanding and relating to people (INFJ) or seeing practical applications that can improve quality of life (INTJ).

The INTP has no exclusive interest in "knowledge for its own sake", so much as a disinterest in specific application and an interest in "objective universal truth".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I wonder if insomnia is a common problem among INTJs. I suffer from insomnia often, and it's because I can't turn my brain off when I'm trying to sleep. It just goes a mile a minute, replaying the events and conversations of the day, pondering what might happen the next day, or sometimes even just random song lyrics or quotes from movies. It's ridiculous. I wish I could tell my brain to shut up.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I wonder if insomnia is a common problem among INTJs. I suffer from insomnia often, and it's because I can't turn my brain off when I'm trying to sleep. It just goes a mile a minute, replaying the events and conversations of the day, pondering what might happen the next day, or sometimes even just random song lyrics or quotes from movies. It's ridiculous. I wish I could tell my brain to shut up.
    I'm pretty much the same way and I used to just assume everyone was like that. But apparently there are people who conk out when their head hits the pillow. I can't comprehend that.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz