• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Common INTJ Issues

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I always have to light more posibilities to my Intj dad , They can't abstract very fast so they need a litle time to think .
But man they are very fast to create a reality that they are the center of the universe xD.

ASophisticatedZebra

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
POS
By Issues: I shall assume you mean hilarious crap I've witnessed from intjs ? OKAY.

-ALL of the clothes and combovers.
-When you guys are forced to emotionally comfort someone via social convention.
-Trying to be subtle or indirect.
-When you finally 'cut-loose' or get super drunk lol.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is fascinating to me. I hope I'm not derailing here. INTJs are intelligent and analytical and introverted. If you spend a lot of time alone how do you not understand yourself to a fair degree? Please don't be offended by this I'm not judging, I'm trying to grasp it. Is it because you spend so much time analyzing and compiling data about external information that you overlook your internal processes? Or is it because understanding yourself means dealing with and understanding emotions? Or both?
You weren't asking me but here goes. Solitude for me is often used to understand the world, a particular issue or whatever. I suppose personal insight about oneself could come from that but at least in my case that isn't really the goal. To your point however, this is how I came about studying MBTI, Typing and the rest because I was kind of fed up with not understanding other people.

It's been rather comforting to know that there's nothing wrong with me.

Couldn't this be fairly true of ISTJs as well? I would think these would all be common issues for either.
My experience with ISTJ's has been that they're governed almost by pragmatism. I think a lot of INTJ's could more often be categorized as a twisted sort of idealism.

When presented with a new method, an ISTJ might say "The old way has been proven to work on a reliable basis." In that same situation, an INTJ's answer might be "My way works better". An ISTJ might seek to maintain something familiar as long as it's functional. But an INTJ might be willing to take a risk on a new approach to something which might work better.

We're both data-driven but I think ISTJ's simply use data differently. ISTJ's use data to perfect a system whereas INTJ's might use data to create a new system.

More like socially recalcitrant. Even when we know what people want or expect us to do socially, we often won't do it because it is "stupid".
God yes.

Close-minded, think they're always right, narcissistic, dogmatic, illogical, if they're called out on their crap they say "you're misunderstanding me" as a way to shirk off any sort of criticism or responsibility for their actions.
This ignores the possibility that you might actually be misunderstanding them.

By Issues: I shall assume you mean hilarious crap I've witnessed from intjs ? OKAY.

-ALL of the clothes and combovers.
-When you guys are forced to emotionally comfort someone via social convention.
-Trying to be subtle or indirect.
-When you finally 'cut-loose' or get super drunk lol.
True.

It's true.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Can Intj write something good ? .. really anything of what they said can be alot shorter , still they make it alot longer just to bore people ( most of the time the concept they try to explain is really a joke).

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My biggest issues with INTJs:
- they solve all the problems
- goddammit
- much direct
- very effective
- various wow
- kneel before the master race

Kidding.

Generally I'd only have problems if they
- have high Te with no Fi to accompany it, or
- if they are too socially/environmentally aloof that it cripples themselves (high Ni-Fi lower Te, dead Se? Not sure).
- the elitist ones (few needles in between the INTJ haystack)

I think I've barely found any who are that bad, though...? Mostly young'uns, who might not even be INTJ for sure.
Even if I try rack my head for something particularly negative I can't really find any aside from the elitism. Even the more common stuff like 'intellectual arrogance' is not isolated to INTJs (though I can't recall ever finding any like that. Ironically I've seen more IXFJ being intellectually arrogant than INTJs, the INTJs I have met just know their shit, no need to flaunt).

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can Intj write something good ? .. really anything of what they said can be alot shorter , still they make it alot longer just to bore people ( most of the time the concept they try to explain is really a joke).
Know! Reading are very harderest, yes?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Ni-Te tends to be impractical. They'll get some trouble with practical aspect, unless they successfully works on their unconscious side.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
You weren't asking me but here goes. Solitude for me is often used to understand the world, a particular issue or whatever. I suppose personal insight about oneself could come from that but at least in my case that isn't really the goal. To your point however, this is how I came about studying MBTI, Typing and the rest because I was kind of fed up with not understanding other people.

It's been rather comforting to know that there's nothing wrong with me.

My experience with ISTJ's has been that they're governed almost by pragmatism. I think a lot of INTJ's could more often be categorized as a twisted sort of idealism.

When presented with a new method, an ISTJ might say "The old way has been proven to work on a reliable basis." In that same situation, an INTJ's answer might be "My way works better". An ISTJ might seek to maintain something familiar as long as it's functional. But an INTJ might be willing to take a risk on a new approach to something which might work better.

We're both data-driven but I think ISTJ's simply use data differently. ISTJ's use data to perfect a system whereas INTJ's might use data to create a new system.

God yes.

This ignores the possibility that you might actually be misunderstanding them.

True.

It's true.

Oof those things under a spoiler is exactly why I miss having an INTJ person to run to. Such strategic genius.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Highly relatable for two years, gets intenfisied periodically. Would not really thought that a crisis would finally help me to pin down my type for good.

I won't be around, but everyone should know that everything is either under control or soon to be tamed. Cheers.

"INTJs will often stress when we experience powerlessness or lack of control, incompetence, and lack of knowledge :

Something has gone wrong in an interpersonal relationship that brought about all of these new feelings they couldn’t avoid, no matter how hard they tried
Required to alter their plans or are given limited time to adjust to variationsd
Dealing with details and realities
Poor performance by co-workers that affects results or violates standards, thus achieving less than desirable results
Noise, distractions, disorganization, and having to extravert too much

WHEN AFFECTED BY STRESS, AN INTJ WILL OFTEN…

As mentioned, the INTJ often attempts to escape from the outside world by retreating deeply into their own mind and space, so the INTJ will behave more according to type when under greater stress. For example, in a crisis, the INTJ might:

retire to a private place and think through a problem until the INTJ has formulated a complete plan for solving it
try to maintain a high degree of quality in the solution
criticise others’ ideas, particularly if they involve compromising quality
make errors of fact, or pursue ideas that are unrealistic

However, eventually, if their mind and space themselves becomes too stressful, they may seek to escape just as extremely back in the other direction. Under extreme stress, fatigue or illness, the INTJ’s shadow may appear - an unhealthy ESFP. Example characteristics are:

doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
acting very impulsively, perhaps starting off more projects than the INTJ could hope to accomplish
expressing emotions in an intensive and uncontrolled way
being very sensitive to criticism
asking for lots of information that is irrelevant
gather details to support their self-destructive behavior and attack their self-image
becoming preoccupied with the cause of their stress and have trouble focusing their energy on work
mentally reviews issues which lead to sleepless nights
with chronic stress, become irritable, tired, tense, or angry

It is as if shadows only come forward under certain circumstances. We usually experience these processes in a negative way, yet when we are open to them, they can be quite positive.

or…

I like how a fellow INTJ puts it in her “stages of degeneration”

1. Fatigue

2. Irritability

3. Feeling of being near to tears if I can’t get some quiet time

4. Sense of impending implosion nearing and a desperate attempt to fix it before it happens. Possible anger/ short fuse.

5. Denial that anything is wrong. Grasp the Te by the horns and FORCE it to keep going forward. After all, feelings are just feelings and when things need to be done, the feelings have to take a back seat. A short lived triumph at pushing on is soon replaced by a frantic thought of ‘I can’t do this…’ which is even more scary because I like to feel like I can do anything. In fact… during times of stress I’ve said that phrase to myself so often that it has blurred into one word. “Icandothis. Icandothis.” I am Near panic.

6. Complete surrender to all whims and desires. I am suddenly on a kind of ‘kamikaze’, hell bent trail to have ‘fun’ at any cost. I drink, I dance, I sing karaoke, I invite that guy over who stays on the ‘booty call’ list, I. I. I…. It becomes ALL about me (more so than usual) and it tends to happen very quickly… like a firecracker going off. Seems that the tighter I try to hold onto that ‘Icandothis’ stage, the harder it hits when I break.

Ni: The Ni views the INTJ’s potential, seeing the best that they can possibly be, and therefore setting unrealistic expectations for themselves around these ideals. They are therefore disappointed in whatever their actual achievements are, because they see how they fall short. They also overanalyze everything in their life, often assuming negative things about how people view them/their own abilities and importance based on little to no evidence. They will extrapolate their current situations to long-term future situations (they may believe that since they feel sad now, they will always feel this way, and they may become convinced that they will never feel better). They generally look at things as absolute truths: life is meaningless, I am not a good person, etc. and tend to look at things in black and white (and usually come to the conclusion that things are “black”)

Te: The Te refines the general standards that the INTJ sets, creating structured and organized plans and standards of what they need to achieve. These measurable outlets of success are used to redefine the INTJ’s standards of whether or not they are successful, or “enough”. They worry about being perceived outwardly as competent, intelligent, responsible, etc. and worry that others do not believe that they are these things. They try to deal with their feelings by throwing themselves into productivity and work.

Fi: The INTJ begins to stew in their emotions, becoming very inwardly emotional as they revisit and continue to deal with their personal feelings of inadequacy, insecurity, depression, etc.. They will withdraw from others, choosing to completely wallow in their feelings. They will spend a lot of time merely considering how they feel about their current situation.

Se: INTJ’s in an unhealthy state of mind will often overuse their inferior function. Therefore the INTJ may become overly indulgent and hedonistic in practices such as drinking, partying, hooking up with people, etc. in an attempt to "drown out their sorrows..."

MBTI Database — INTJs in the Grip

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That fucking Ni-Fi loop which renders you useless and incompetent. Like, what the fuck. Why is the worst fucking loop is designated to INTJ's? Tertiary Fi already can make someone desire to swing themselves from a god-forsaken cliff, but the lack of Te? Like... I knew INFP's which were more useful than me in a Ni-Fi loop. If you are here, find a way to get the fuck out. Trust me on this. Otherwise, you'll be fucked up beyond all recognition but luckily, not recovery. You can, actually, recover from a Ni-Fi loop, albeit it won't be easy.

The Se grip which makes you a perpetually drunk sex maniac. Enjoyable if you can take out the perpetual drunkenness thing. Otherwise, Pan incarnate. Give everyone else a headstart for they should run for their wines... and their wives. If you have a high tolerance of alcohol you also should pray to all the gods you know for the safety of your paycheck. You will do a lot of stupid shit and either become thoroughly debauched and vile... Or, if you can control the energy, you may and will get larger biceps and broader shoulders.

PoLR Fe. I am not going to say something about this. I don't want to. Like... what is this shit? I can't even...

These are all, for beginners.

P.S.: I forgot about inferior Se. I am sick of being the smartest person in the room who mysteriously loses his sock pairs.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Every INTJ ever:

Let's lie in bed at night and mentally plan our entire escape route and defensive strategy in the event that someone breaks in. Surely that will one day actually be useful, and everything will work out just the way that we imagined it.

Also, let's pretend for our entire lives that we don't have any feelings, and when those feelings get overwhelming, let's not tell anyone because that would be shameful and also... we can solve everything ourselves anyway RiGhT?!??!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mature INTJs eventually learn to conform a bit and play the social song and dance recognizing it as a means to accomplish their objectives and ambitions within the framework of society. INTJ people embody a host of contradictions. They are both cynical and idealist; robotic yet sensitive. They are mysterious persons who live inside their minds analyzing the possibilities that do not even register with other types. INTJs do this in an almost magical, uncanny way. They are very private, reserved and aloof individuals. Others may view the INTJ as arrogant and cold. They are self-contained and not emotive or inclined to put their feelings on display for other people to see. They would rather let others believe they haven't any emotions but they know this is not the case at all. INTJs do not focus on feelings but they are aware of what they feel. They simply prefer not to act on those feelings in the moment choosing instead to analyze it later and reflect on why they feel the way they do so they can reach a rational verdict on the matter.
I just wanted to say a lot of this is not like me at all. I am not cynical or robotic. I also don't deal with my feelings in that way either.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I just wanted to say a lot of this is not like me at all. I am not cynical or robotic. I also don't deal with my feelings in that way either.
Would you say that you identify with any of the "typical" INTJ issues originally posted ( by you)
A lot of issues that INTJs have relate to Ni taking an overly dominant role in their personality. Some examples of this:

Don't listen to other perspectives - At times, the INTJ can quickly dismiss things that others might say and have a tendency to come across like they think they are always right. Even if they do listen, they may not come across like they are. The explanation for much of this is that the INTJ can use Te to cut off new information rather than the more productive use of Te, which is to judge their insights against the external world.

Overly critical - INTJs are prone to finding fault in things and situations to an excessive degree. They can tend to blame others for things that go wrong or apply judgement towards others rather than themselves.

Don't know know how they come across to others - INTJs, especially when young can be pretty oblivious as to how they come across to other people.

Unrealistic expectations - INTJs can have excessive expectations of others as well as themselves. Nobody measures up.

Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they think.

Occasional indecision - Though this is not usually a problem, at times the INTJ can be overwhelmed by all of the different pieces of information, scenarios and sides of an issue making it difficult to reach a decision.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would you say that you identify with any of the "typical" INTJ issues originally posted ( by you)
A lot of issues that INTJs have relate to Ni taking an overly dominant role in their personality. Some examples of this:

Don't listen to other perspectives - At times, the INTJ can quickly dismiss things that others might say and have a tendency to come across like they think they are always right. Even if they do listen, they may not come across like they are. The explanation for much of this is that the INTJ can use Te to cut off new information rather than the more productive use of Te, which is to judge their insights against the external world.

Overly critical - INTJs are prone to finding fault in things and situations to an excessive degree. They can tend to blame others for things that go wrong or apply judgement towards others rather than themselves.

Don't know know how they come across to others - INTJs, especially when young can be pretty oblivious as to how they come across to other people.

Unrealistic expectations - INTJs can have excessive expectations of others as well as themselves. Nobody measures up.

Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they think.

Occasional indecision - Though this is not usually a problem, at times the INTJ can be overwhelmed by all of the different pieces of information, scenarios and sides of an issue making it difficult to reach a decision.

I think especially when I was younger I was guilty of all those things. The "hard time communicating" was the most frustrating part for me though some of the other things were no doubt frustrating for others.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Every INTJ ever:

Let's lie in bed at night and mentally plan our entire escape route and defensive strategy in the event that someone breaks in. Surely that will one day actually be useful, and everything will work out just the way that we imagined it.

Also, let's pretend for our entire lives that we don't have any feelings, and when those feelings get overwhelming, let's not tell anyone because that would be shameful and also... we can solve everything ourselves anyway RiGhT?!??!

I would say all of this is mostly cultural.
Here living as a strong individual is legally impossible. What is two way highway because it is unlikely that there will be individuals that will brake into your house. Since that financially simply isn't worth the risk unless you are going after someone or something quite specific. Because the government provides the basics fairly well.

As I said: culture and economic models can totally disrupt "typological standards".

J. Starke

MBTI Type
entj
What strikes me the most about all INTJs I've known is this thing about them not being aware of how they come across to people. They're really bad at knowing what kind of impression they left on a person.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Se grip and alcoholism.

Avoid drinking. Lift weights instead. Make art.

Just don't drink if you are feeling that Se grip.

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Just took this test and I figured the results belonged here:

1632122265602.png
Being an ambivert INFJ and involved in drafting for so many years turned me into an INTJ. Please excuse me as I apologize to everyone I've ever met.

Peter Deadpan wrote:
Every INTJ ever:

One of the funniest things I've ever read on this site! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: