• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Common INTJ Issues

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oddly socially aware but socially dense at the same time.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oddly socially aware but socially dense at the same time.
More like socially recalcitrant. Even when we know what people want or expect us to do socially, we often won't do it because it is "stupid".

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More like socially recalcitrant. Even when we know what people want or expect us to do socially, we often won't do it because it is "stupid".

At least from my experience, it seems to go beyond that especially with the less self-assured variety. There just seems to be an unintentional obliviousness sometimes. I have had many civil discussions regarding social interactions and dynamics and it didn't completely register with them until after the fact. But at the same time, they can be quite quick to pick up on behavioral patterns.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Not really an issue, but it is hard to make us feel guilty.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At least from my experience, it seems to go beyond that especially with the less self-assured variety. There just seems to be an unintentional obliviousness sometimes. I have had many civil discussions regarding social interactions and dynamics and it didn't completely register with them until after the fact. But at the same time, they can be quite quick to pick up on behavioral patterns.

Have you seen my INTJ report? :hi:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you seen my INTJ report? :hi:

I skimmed through it just now. It's pretty good. It seems to correspond well with how I have interacted with INTJs. Usually logical, but emotional ambiguity seems to be kryptonite as if they are stalling to gather more objective data to take action. It sometimes seems to cause inaction and indecision.

In some ways, I help my INTJ friend validate what he already knows by giving him my FeNi style explanations of how certain people manipulations and motivations to further expand his framework.

Starry

Not really an issue, but it is hard to make us feel guilty.

My Dad still feels guilty about bringing all of us kids too close to some dangerous mountain goats (true story... he brings this up at least once a year and we are all like "Dad, you didn't know...")

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
My Dad still feels guilty about bringing all of us kids too close to some dangerous mountain goats (true story... he brings this up at least once a year and we are all like "Dad, you didn't know...")

He loves you dearly and purely. Not just anyone is allowed that spot in our hearts. If I was in his stead, I'd probably mention the story in a very playful way, put a smile on my daughter's face, hug her, kiss her forehead and state how thankful I am that she was unharmed.

Starry

He loves you dearly and purely. Not just anyone is allowed that spot in our hearts. If I was in his stead, I'd probably mention the story in a very playful way, put a smile on my daughter's face, hug her, kiss her forehead and state how thankful I am that she was unharmed.

I think... when you are someone that has raised a large family... and the worst thing that can be said about you...your greatest fuck-up is that once on a hike with your kids you said "What the hell is that? Well, I'll be damned those are mountain goats. Can you see them?..."

^you are someone that should really let go of the whole mountain goat thing (I think this story speaks to his caliber).

If my dad ever kissed me on the forehead though... for the rest of my life I would have to live with the suspicion that my dad was abducted and replaced with a pod person...and that would be terrible.

What is your e-type Sacrophagus if you don't mind me asking...as well as your instinctual variants? From everything you say you seem so physically (and verbally) affectionate which is interesting to me merely because I've never seen it. I mean, my dad is super physically affectionate with my Mom but that's it...no one else and I mean no one. He is so loving but doesn't use the common channels of expression...

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
What is your e-type Sacrophagus if you don't mind me asking...as well as your instinctual variants? From everything you say you seem so physically (and verbally) affectionate which is interesting to me merely because I've never seen it. I mean, my dad is super physically affectionate with my Mom but that's it...no one else and I mean no one. He is so loving but doesn't use the common channels of expression...

E-type 8, is what I think, but the way I lead is much different than anyone I have ever met.
I still didn't put my finger on the other components though.

You see, Starry, I've known myself quite well, and that knowledge allowed me to understand others more. The way I see myself is dichotomous.

First mode is the utterly manly man. He's serious, decisive, emanates authority, epic, and infinitely confident. He can cross a high way with complete confidence that all other drivers will stop in respect to his augusteness. He embodies leadership, honor and core masculinity.

Second mode is the maliciously charming man. He's charming, flirty, loving, physical, knows he's the shit and is very passionate. He knows that he always gets what he wants, and does everything unpologetically, with a very light-hearted but prideful smile. He'll graciously take your hand, and as if he stopped the ticks of time, he will gaze into your eyes deep in your soul and read your most intimate thoughts.

These mods come to play according to situations.

I command my surroundings and exact my thoughts with Te, and call upon Ni to allow me a better understanding of the events and clues laying around.
The other bits of my personality are labyrinthine in a way they're mixed together in an unprecedented exquisitely organized entropy. Ergo, I can't relate fully to any E-types no matter what combination there is.

All of us are way more complex than that,and certainly if we're constantly evolving.

Starry

E-type 8, is what I think, but the way I lead is much different than anyone I have ever met.
I still didn't put my finger on the other components though.

You see, Starry, I've known myself quite well, and that knowledge allowed me to understand others more. The way I see myself is dichotomous.

First mode is the utterly manly man. He's serious, decisive, emanates authority, epic, and infinitely confident. He can cross a high way with complete confidence that all other drivers will stop in respect to his augusteness. He embodies leadership, honor and core masculinity.

Second mode is the maliciously charming man. He's charming, flirty, loving, physical, knows he's the shit and is very passionate. He knows that he always gets what he wants, and does everything unpologetically, with a very light-hearted but prideful smile. He'll graciously take your hand, and as if he stopped the ticks of time, he will gaze into your eyes deep in your soul and read your most intimate thoughts.

These mods come to play according to situations.

I command my surroundings and exact my thoughts with Te, and call upon Ni to allow me a better understanding of the events and clues laying around.
The other bits of my personality are labyrinthine in a way they're mixed together in an unprecedented exquisitely organized entropy. Ergo, I can't relate fully to any E-types no matter what combination there is.

All of us are way more complex than that,and certainly if we're constantly evolving.

I love it when people share of themselves like this. I'm fascinated by people but to read personal descriptions like this...it's a story and compass to me. Thank you so much for taking the time.

JihadiJohn

Permabanned
Close-minded, think they're always right, narcissistic, dogmatic, illogical, if they're called out on their crap they say "you're misunderstanding me" as a way to shirk off any sort of criticism or responsibility for their actions.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Close-minded, think they're always right, narcissistic, dogmatic, illogical, if they're called out on their crap they say "you're misunderstanding me" as a way to shirk off any sort of criticism or responsibility for their actions.

This is absolutely true sometimes. Especially when we are younger. But some of us do grow out of it.

Oppressive_Laughter

MBTI Type
JTNI
INTJ is one of the hardest classes to play in the early game. However, if you level up social skills in the optional college DLC, it will make things a lot easier. I'm only a quarter-way through on my first INTJ playthrough though. Does anyone here have tips for the romantic relationship mechanics?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ is one of the hardest classes to play in the early game. However, if you level up social skills in the optional college DLC, it will make things a lot easier. I'm only a quarter-way through on my first INTJ playthrough though. Does anyone here have tips for the romantic relationship mechanics?
Don't try. Just be yourself, do your thing, and be alert for opportunities.

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Keep grinding on the social skills. That class is way underpowered in those and can really kill you in the late game. :D

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
For sensors INTJ can be very unrealistic type like they treat with one NF literally. Things go better with ST when we called illogical, slow and sensitive especially if you have STP or lazy and unproductive if you have STJ. :D

DragTV

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
issues?! hmpph! we are perfect you hear!!?!! perfect!!!!
but what about that cocky attitude you are emitting right now mr perfect?
ah...true

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they think.
This is a very real limitation. But there are ways around it. I've been dating an ISFJ for a long time now and she has my number like nobody I've ever seen before. She knows what I'm thinking so invariably when I fail to verbalize my thoughts, what I assume is her Fe will pick up the meaning, intent and even most of the nuances of what I'm trying to say. Communication between us is unusual, I will admit, but it is functional.

I should add this is an almost completely one-way street. I cannot similarly "read her mind". But that has never been necessary since she's able to speak better than I can.

On paper we shouldn't be able to stand each other's company but what can you do?