• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Common INTJ Issues

Rebeka

MBTI Type
ENFP
Control is not to be confused with command, though. One results from a need for self-preservation, the other from having a small penis (or none at all).

your linear comments and the glance of your avatar is creepying me out... you are an ENFP aren-t you XD

Litsnob

Don't listen to other perspectives[/B] - At times, the INTJ can quickly dismiss things that others might say and have a tendency to come across like they think they are always right. Even if they do listen, they may not come across like they are. The explanation for much of this is that the INTJ can use Te to cut off new information rather than the more productive use of Te, which is to judge their insights against the external world.

My Response:
So, do I have a preference for my own views, insights, thoughts, beliefs and conclusions? Yes. Do I try to remain open and unbiased? Usually.

Overly critical - INTJs are prone to finding fault in things and situations to an excessive degree. They can tend to blame others for things that go wrong or apply judgement towards others rather than themselves.

My Response:
This seems very arrogant to me. I can be critical but I am also inclined to blame myself or circumstances before another person. I can be quite self critical though and probably too much so, which is also a form of arrogance since who I am to demand such perfection of myself.

Don't know know how they come across to others - INTJs, especially when young can be pretty oblivious as to how they come across to other people.

My Response:
I am not always aware of how I come across and other times I am. I think I am more aware in specific situations than I am of the overall impression I make.

Unrealistic expectations - INTJs can have excessive expectations of others as well as themselves. Nobody measures up.

My Response:
Yes, often, though harder on myself most of the time. If I have decided that you are a friend or loved one then I tend to be very loyal and give the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes too much.

Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they thing.

My Response:
Yes. Sometimes I am very articulate and other times I cannot express myself at all. Frustrating because I hate to sound stupid.

Occasional indecision - Though this is not usually a problem, at times the INTJ can be overwhelmed by all of the different pieces of information, scenarios and sides of an issue making it difficult to reach a decision.

My Response:
Yes. This will bother me as I like to be decisive. If I cannot decide it's because I feel I don't have enough information.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't listen to other perspectives[/B] - At times, the INTJ can quickly dismiss things that others might say and have a tendency to come across like they think they are always right. Even if they do listen, they may not come across like they are. The explanation for much of this is that the INTJ can use Te to cut off new information rather than the more productive use of Te, which is to judge their insights against the external world.

My Response:
So, do I have a preference for my own views, insights, thoughts, beliefs and conclusions? Yes. Do I try to remain open and unbiased? Usually.

Overly critical - INTJs are prone to finding fault in things and situations to an excessive degree. They can tend to blame others for things that go wrong or apply judgement towards others rather than themselves.

My Response:
This seems very arrogant to me. I can be critical but I am also inclined to blame myself or circumstances before another person. I can be quite self critical though and probably too much so, which is also a form of arrogance since who I am to demand such perfection of myself.

Don't know know how they come across to others - INTJs, especially when young can be pretty oblivious as to how they come across to other people.

My Response:
I am not always aware of how I come across and other times I am. I think I am more aware in specific situations than I am of the overall impression I make.

Unrealistic expectations - INTJs can have excessive expectations of others as well as themselves. Nobody measures up.

My Response:
Yes, often, though harder on myself most of the time. If I have decided that you are a friend or loved one then I tend to be very loyal and give the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes too much.

Hard time communicating - They can have difficulty communicating what is in their mind to others. Sometimes, they are vague and cannot easily express the reasons for the way they thing.

My Response:
Yes. Sometimes I am very articulate and other times I cannot express myself at all. Frustrating because I hate to sound stupid.

Occasional indecision - Though this is not usually a problem, at times the INTJ can be overwhelmed by all of the different pieces of information, scenarios and sides of an issue making it difficult to reach a decision.

My Response:
Yes. This will bother me as I like to be decisive. If I cannot decide it's because I feel I don't have enough information.

Yeah, a lot of these apply differently to INTJ 9s. For example, we come across as more forceful than we really are, whereas INTJ 8s, 1s and 5s to a degree actually are that forceful and often heedless of their effects on other people. 9-ness only partially mitigates things, though. INTJ 9s are very opinionated 9s, moreso than most 9s (who tend to be IxxP or IxFx).

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, a lot of these apply differently to INTJ 9s. For example, we come across as more forceful than we really are, whereas INTJ 8s, 1s and 5s to a degree actually are that forceful and often heedless of their effects on other people. 9-ness only partially mitigates things, though. INTJ 9s are very opinionated 9s, moreso than most 9s (who tend to be IxxP or IxFx).

Dom Pi...the opinionated function...erm...i mean internal perception :D

Litsnob

The 9 as a mitigating factor is a bit like my mother's voice in my head. ;-)

Litsnob

I now think it's that 9w1 of mine as well as being raised by an ISFJ mother with very strong Fe that had me confused and I was identifying as INFJ for awhile. My Fe and Fi seemed equal but I chose the Fe traits because they seem 'nicer' and I was raised to put others first always. Eventually I realised that it was a difference between my preference and what I believed I 'should' prefer. This conflict was actually eating away at me to some degree. Thanks for pointing out how the 9 will have contributed to this. I am indeed very opinionated but most of the time also quite tactful. Sometimes I resent that because I just want to say my bit without feeling guilt about offending people. LOL

edited for typo

Last edited:

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I now think it's that 9w1 of mine as well as being raised by an ISFJ mother with very strong Fe that had me confused and I was identifying as INFJ for awhile. My Fe and Fi seemed equal but I chose the Fe traits because they seem 'nicer' and I was raised to put others first always. Eventually I realised that it was a difference between my preference and what I believed I 'should' prefer. This conflict was actually eating away at me to some degree. Thanks for pointing out how the 9 will have contributed to this. I am indeed very opinionated but most of the time also quite tactful. Sometimes I resent that because I just want to say my bit without feeling guilt about offending people. LOL

edited for typo

Ha!

My mom was INFJ. Go figure.

Litsnob

Ha!

My mom was INFJ. Go figure.

My Dad is an ESTJ (another type with some negative stereotypes but he's a really great person) and thus with the strong Te we really tend to relate well to each other in many ways. Mum just shakes her head. lol

Ianus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Is having a problem with finding a life-goal also an issue for INTJ?

Hi, I just joined the forum to ask the exact same question. I have been battling with this problem for years now, and for the life of mine I can't find the solution.
I would be curious to know if other INTJs have faced with this issue as well, and how they managed to resolve it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Is having a problem with finding a life-goal also an issue for INTJ?

Not really, I don't think.

This is probably more of a problem of youth.

INTJs are often visionary, and have a whole life path they want to bring to fruition.

There can be problems with tertiary Fi underdevelopment, tho.

They might not have a well-developed sense of subjective care.

Once again, tho, this should moreso be the case during youth.

Hi, I just joined the forum to ask the exact same question. I have been battling with this problem for years now, and for the life of mine I can't find the solution.
I would be curious to know if other INTJs have faced with this issue as well, and how they managed to resolve it.

I was absurdly driven from a young age, so no, not really.

Other types (FPs especially) might have had a better developed subjectivity, with concomitant judgments, feelings and sentiments about many things, which I, by comparison, was lacking in, but I was known for having a long-range vision that I always had my eye on, and was always workimg towards.

I then developed that sense of subjective judgment (Fi) in my 20s.

Yes. This happened to INxJ when they use their Ni too much. :blush:

This is nonsense.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
This is nonsense.

No , it is not. Bacause Ni can be really blindness and pessimistic without other functions and bacuse of that person cant' find life-goal. ;)

Lead Guitar Wankery

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No , it is not. Bacause Ni can be really blindness and pessimistic without other functions and bacuse of that person cant' find life-goal. ;)

How can a Perceiving function lead to pessimism? Pessimism is a result of judgments.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems easy and likely to assume that every INTJ knows or even likes to use Te based on most MBTI descriptions on them. Repressed Te for a long while might confuse the person as an unhealthy INFJ. (Ni-Fi loop without awareness of even Te to fix it because thought to just be in shadow stack anyway)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. This happened to INxJ when they use their Ni too much. :blush:

Moreso because they lack respect for the goals and desires of their extraverted judging function.

brightflashes

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems easy and likely to assume that every INTJ knows or even likes to use Te based on most MBTI descriptions on them. Repressed Te for a long while might confuse the person as an unhealthy INFJ. (Ni-Fi loop without awareness of even Te to fix it because thought to just be in shadow stack anyway)

I would argue it would look more like an INFP given that the Te would be repressed and underused, like inferior Te. But either way, it isn't healthy for an INTJ to repress Te.

Jetta

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Mature INTJs eventually learn to conform a bit and play the social song and dance recognizing it as a means to accomplish their objectives and ambitions within the framework of society.

INTJ people embody a host of contradictions. They are both cynical and idealist; robotic yet sensitive. They are mysterious persons who live inside their minds analyzing the possibilities that do not even register with other types. INTJs do this in an almost magical, uncanny way. They are very private, reserved and aloof individuals. Others may view the INTJ as arrogant and cold. They are self-contained and not emotive or inclined to put their feelings on display for other people to see. They would rather let others believe they haven’t any emotions but they know this is not the case at all. INTJs do not focus on feelings but they are aware of what they feel. They simply prefer not to act on those feelings in the moment choosing instead to analyze it later and reflect on why they feel the way they do so they can reach a rational verdict on the matter.