User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ENFP's experience with an ENTJ boyfriend.

Senior Member Array HotpinkHeatwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I dated an ENFP who ran through Neiman Marcus, naked, while shooting the display cases with a paintball gun.
    I will never date one again.
    Sounds like I need to make friends with this person.

1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    FYI, this is not true.

It is true for SJs, but NTJs are finicky about different kinds of order. In my case, I tend to care about how one places dishes in the dishwasher to be most efficient, but I don't care about wiping down every single surface in the kitchen, when I don't eat off of the counter and have cutting boards I wash before preparing food.
    I'm the same way, especially with dishes.

So what if cramming a whole bunch of stuff in the dishwasher makes the kitchen look neat? It does not clean the dishes effectively. Besides, I can just do another load later to take care of what's left over.

I appreciate having sufficient drawer space to organize my clothes, but lacking such, I'm happy to "organize" them on my floor.
    A lot of clothes end up on my desk.

In general, SJs cares about physical order. NTJs care about a more abstract version of order, known as "efficiency." Efficiency for NTJs ends up being paired with an interesting kind of laziness, where the emphasis isn't on working "hard" but on sheer effectiveness. If we're working too hard at maintaining order, we're not doing it right, in our opinion.
    It seems I'm pretty much the same as you in this regard. My mom is an ESFJ and largely the opposite. This drives me nuts.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    Over a year and a half ago, I posted a topic about being weary about getting into an relationship with an ENTJ.

Well, it happened, and it was a serious relationship. We moved in together, and near the end, the subject of having kids even came up.

However, the relationship ended horribly.

Through-out it, we argued a lot. He was always pushing me to "be better". He was your typical ENTJ; hard working, a high achiever, and so on.

Me? Your typical ENFP. Head in the clouds, play before work, you know the rest.

Living together was the worst idea. I procrastinated a lot, and was an "organized-mess". But, I still got things done. Like dishes, doing laundry, etc.

He hated it. He hated how long it took me to do things, thought I was lazy and a slob.

We broke up because one night he got very drunk, and because I wasn't home cleaning, he ran his car into my truck.

Needless to say, that was it. I almost regret dating him - He was an egotistical ass.

My advice? ENFPs: ENTJs probably aren't your best bet.
    I would never contemplate being such a shithead and a bastard. Dont judge all ENTJs on this one dick's behaviour, that's all I'm saying.