User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Seems like a man-whore and a shameless flirt. Wouldn't take his attitude towards you too seriously in that light. Do with that what you will.

MBTI
    INFJ

Lols leave him alone, he's not on the Ne flirt train!! his got social anxiety really bad, think of him as an INTP high on caffine. Im closing the door on this guy. I might miss out I might not but I can't fight what I am, sadly I am a person that misses out on things.

violaine

WRT the hair touching... What if he was just lonely that night? And as he thought you were asleep, he just wanted to feel close to someone in the moment? Some people are like that. I would take much stronger notice of what he says and does when you are direct with him. I think ENPs are nothing if not moment to moment.

(And if you wanted to find a reason you should give up hoping something will happen, well, what if the next few years are just like the last few months? Where he is on stand-by for his ex but emotionally entangled with other women? And can basically tell you "never" but he is so alluring to you that that might not really get through? Or what if you were with him eventually, only to have his ex or someone like her come around and captivate him? I know I probably sound negative and harsh but I'm just trying to put an outsider's spin on things. I'm INFJ as well, and something I've noticed in INFJs is the fatal flaw of thinking the subtext holds the most weight. (And thinking we just didn't communicate well enough at a particular moment). Regardless of how you guys have interacted in the past, he has chosen to go another way. And that's all you can know).

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Lols leave him alone, he's not on the Ne flirt train!! his got social anxiety really bad, think of him as an INTP high on caffine. Im closing the door on this guy. I might miss out I might not but I can't fight what I am, sadly I am a person that misses out on things.
    Good for you. There are a lot of fantastic guys out there who won't leave you wondering.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    ...in the army i used to rub my superior's offices bold head. my feelings about him where and still are that he doesn't have what it takes to assert authority.
    Romantically? Context, dear. Your cues meant one thing, his cues meant another.
    i'm just saying, for an extravert who might be more comfortable with physical gestures it might not mean as much as it does for an introvert...
    An adult should have some sense or inclination about how others might perceive their behaviors, even if they're different. In this culture, doing what he did is typically reserved for family or romance. It doesn't matter what he meant, half the country is introverts and he needs to realize how it can be perceived.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Thank you for your great advise.
    It will be hard at first but after a short time I will forget all about it. From this point on I will be straight up front with him and any more funny business and I'll tell him to stop. He's a good guy I don't think he will not all the time he has to sort out his ex issue. After that if he tries I'll remind him, he said never to me, and make him chase me so hard!

I think maybe lots of other women will be after him and he considers me to be a very good friend ( I don't consider him that way) and may not want to ruin that. By all means carry on and discuss whats sorts of things an ENTP does in thease situations

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    An adult should have some sense or inclination about how others might perceive their behaviors, even if they're different. In this culture, doing what he did is typically reserved for family or romance. It doesn't matter what he meant, half the country is introverts and he needs to realize how it can be perceived.
    "this culture"? when did we decide that @Ness is american?

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Thank you for your great advise.
    It will be hard at first but after a short time I will forget all about it. From this point on I will be straight up front with him and any more funny business and I'll tell him to stop. He's a good guy I don't think he will not all the time he has to sort out his ex issue. After that if he tries I'll remind him, he said never to me, and make him chase me so hard!
    just remember that his flaw is his ex issue

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    "this culture"? when did we decide that @Ness is american?
    Does it really matter? You seem to be the master of the tangent here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Does it really matter? You seem to be the master of the tangent here.
    it can. i.e. i know that a lot of what i came from given israeli culture - which are common to medetereanian cultures in general - was found to be unaccaptable in canada... i can stroke a female friends hair, a peck on the cheek, a hug, or even a "move along" or "go get them" slap on the ass, and it wouldn't be romantic or even sexual in israel, but in canada that is boardering beyond what couples are allowed to do in couples. and between man its even more different - if i don't manhug or give an 'israeli kiss' (one on each cheek) to friends in israel i would be rude, but anything more then a handshake wasn't apriciated exactly by my canadian in-laws...

so yes, it matters: maybe her ENTP is spanish, greek, italian, turkish or even israeli, maybe she is but is too introverted to be comfortable with the gestures of her own culture... we don't know.