• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Um, I just wanted to interrupt this broadcast to tell you all I really wanted some more cereal. I didn't know where else to put this announcement, so I figured I would sling it into the "Hate INTJ" thread. Seemed oddly appropriate.

Your avatar is sexy :yes:

sculpting

If you get my ruthless, heartless cruelty, chances are very good you did something to bring it on yourself. We don't go out of our way to be cruel to ones who don't deserve it.

In general I'd agree that most of the time you are correct from what I have observed. My INTJs can be very compassionate, in a reserved way. I actually love them (even though I am in the i hate intjs thread..meh)

But the term "deserve" is a value loaded word which will vary enormously depending upon the situation of the parties involved. Thus you may feel strongly the response is warranted and deserved-but recognize it is an Fi judgment on your part.

Yeah I guess this is where that Fi stuff comes in for me, because I dont feel anyone deserves to be treated cruelly. Isolated, ignored, given the cold shoulder sure or removed from my life? Totally fair. Openly treated cruelly or belittled? It is nonproductive and unkind and tells more about the person who is being cruel than anything else.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
In general I'd agree that most of the time you are correct from what I have observed. My INTJs can be very compassionate, in a reserved way. I actually love them (even though I am in the i hate intjs thread..meh)

But the term "deserve" is a value loaded word which will vary enormously depending upon the situation of the parties involved. Thus you may feel strongly the response is warranted and deserved-but recognize it is an Fi judgment on your part.

Yeah I guess this is where that Fi stuff comes in for me, because I dont feel anyone deserves to be treated cruelly. Isolated, ignored, given the cold shoulder sure or removed from my life? Totally fair. Openly treated cruelly or belittled? It is nonproductive and unkind and tells more about the person who is being cruel than anything else.

Being a valued word still doesnt change that they desrve to be slaves to the entps, does it ? :D

sculpting

Being a valued word still doesnt change that they desrve to be slaves to the entps, does it ? :D

you have this all wrong...the entps are my slaves. I trapped them with beautiful INFJ handlers. We all report to the ESTJs and just use the INTJs for external consultants :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you have this all wrong...the entps are my slaves. I trapped them with beautiful INFJ handlers. We all report to the ESTJs and just use the INTJs for external consultants :D

I hate those moments were you see your carefully built-up covert ops cloak with which you seem all cryptic to everyone,... break ! -.-

I'll be back !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZanUhXPtbI"].[/YOUTUBE]

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
So in other words, you just admitted you're making condemning judgments about the personality of an entire gender, creating a chasm between otherwise similarly thinking people based on whether or not you want to stick your penis in them. Well done, good sir.

YES I am..!!! I would figure a male INTJ would recognize the unilateral thinking ,judgment and narrow mindedness of my statement and condone me.
perhaps even call me "brother".

Have I upset you little INTJ? :cry:
There there!!

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
YES I am..!!! I would figure a male INTJ would recognize the unilateral thinking ,judgment and narrow mindedness of my statement and condone me.
perhaps even call me "brother".

Have I upset you little INTJ? :cry:
There there!!

At least you admit what it is. Why on earth would I be upset? I'm quite satisfied with having exposed your blatant hypocrisy and you acknowledging it openly.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
At least you admit what it is. Why on earth would I be upset? I'm quite satisfied with having exposed your blatant hypocrisy and you acknowledging it openly.

That!! or ,you completely miss the point .. I am betting on the latter.

and if I admitted something, how can you claim exposure?
Keep proving my point for me. You guys are so good at this. :D

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
That!! or ,you completely miss the point .. I am betting on the latter.

Yes, the point must have eluded me completely. Please enlighten me.

and if I admitted something, how can you claim exposure?

I exposed the irony and then you proceeded to acknowledge it. Things have a temporal dimension, y'know :newwink:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yes, the point must have eluded me completely. Please enlighten me.

I exposed the irony and then you proceeded to acknowledge it. Things have a temporal dimension, y'know :newwink:

I'll explain it very simply for you... I came into this thread with one purpose, and that was to make a few statements and then watch INTJs go apeshit over what I said. and more importantly, to behave exactly how I described they would.

SO far you displayed more than a few of them.
My only disappointment is that more fishies didn't bit my hook.
Of course That is because subtlety often goes right over the INTJs head as well.
But you my friend.. are easy. :hi:

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'll explain it very simply for you... I came into this thread with one purpose, and that was to make a few statements and then watch INTJs go apeshit over what I said. and more importantly, to behave exactly how I described they would.

SO far you displayed more than a few of them.
My only disappointment is that more fishies didn't bit my hook.
Of course That is because subtlety often goes right over the INTJs head as well.
But you my friend.. are easy. :hi:

http://www.big-metto.net/Upload/files/Lol_I_Troll_U.png :newwink:

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I find INTJs seem to be constantly chasing something, the present is never good enough for them.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In my opinion.. there is a definite gender divide when it comes to INTJs.

I can't much too say about the females, except there is something kind of sexy about their approach to things.

But OH MY GOD!!.. the males..

Although alternatively I could always suggest that women INTJs are the exception to the 'asshat' INTJ rule. I wonder why that seems to be the case?

The difference is that the women know better than to tell you what they really think. ;)

More like I've won alot when they ran themselves in circles and showed they didn't actually HAVE an opinion XD

A common theme I've found for INTJ's that're unhealthy, is they end up quoting 20 different sources, most of them conflicting with each other, to the point it becomes clear they don't actually HAVE an opinion of their own, they're just mindlessly rattling off everyone else's opinions.
I've only seen one very idiosyncratic "INTJ" behave like this. The typical INTJ argues from intuition, and does not rely on source material.

My INTJ father is this way. He has very strong viewpoints and kind of shuts out all other viewpoints that are not in line with his. He debates very passionately...almost appears angry...although I know he really isn't.

I'm a much more chill INTJ. I like listening to others' perspectives and opinions. There are times when I am 100% sure about something....and those few times I will really defend my viewpoint..but in a much more laidback way...I don't get all worked up about it. If the other party still disagrees after my (probably poor) explanation, I will usually just back off. However, if I have ANY doubt, even if it's 1% unsure, I will gladly listen to others' perspectives and try to look at the issue from as many angles as possible and gather as much information as I can from all parties to come to my own conclusion.

Also, there are INTJs who'll humbly admit they're wrong and those that don't. I don't have a problem admitting I'm wrong. Granted, you really have to have solid proof first. It's not out of arrogance...it's more of a desire for accuracy and a strong sense of justice/truth.

Wow...that is so spot on. I actually struggled so much with this at work. I knew WHY we should do something a certain way, and I knew it would be the BEST most efficient way, but it was so abstract in my mind that I couldn't possibly put it into words. None of my coworkers would "get it". :( Thank god for ENTJ supervisor who translated my abstractions to all the SJ's in the room! :doh:

I think this is one of the biggest reasons I've felt SO MISUNDERSTOOD in life. That goddamn intuition. Hmmm...hadn't thought of it like that before :)
Scientist's quotes highlight what's going on inside the INTJ's head.

It takes a LOT of training and practice to figure out how to translate the very simple, easy, perfectly clear Ni-idea from Ni into Te, Si and/or Ti terms. Te == objective facts that confirm the Ni-idea plus a logistical understanding of how to implement the idea. Si == fill-in-the-blanks, make sure that "obvious" implications are stated explicitly. Ti == review for logical consistency. The Te-translation is essential. The other two help communicate the idea to most other types.

Usually, when I find myself in an interminable argument with someone, that person isn't arguing against points I made (or at least I thought I had made), he/she is arguing against points that I never made.

You'll know you're having this problem with the INTJ when you are accused of offering up strawmen, arguing dishonestly, etc., and you believe the INTJ is making insanely stupid arguments. This implies that the INTJ has an intuitive assumption you haven't figured out. The assumption may be completely wrong, but figuring it out will point out the best way to argue against it.

It feels like stubborn asshattery to other people mostly because of the difficulty of communicating the Ni-idea. In general, however, it's up to the INTJ to make him/her-self clear in the first place.

Just a friendly PSA that MBTI does not measure the "Douchebag/Non-Douchebag" spectrum.

We could adopt one for TypeC.

DINTJ == Douchebag Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
CINTJ == Cool Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

You are a veritable ninja of subtlety.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I like INTJs.

Hatersgonnahatebender.gif