• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The Official INTJ Haters' Thread

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I hate the way INTJs come out with ideas even they are unsure about as if they are certain of them.

I hate the way INTJs can seem totally unaware of how other people feel.

I an mildly confused at the INTJ tendency to believe conspiracy theories and superstitions.

Ni in its purest form is Dale Gribble.

dale.jpg

Ni without solid Te to back it up is completely detached from reality, forming its own wild conclusions based on basically nothing.

If yo uwant real conspiracy nuts check out INFJs
the only thing they have to keep their Ni in check is Fe.

Salvadorabian

MBTI Type
infp
I told my INTJ cousin to have a safe flight once, and he replied "I'm not flying the plane". Gotta love the charm.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I don't have anything against INTJ's in general. I do, however, realize that the vast majority of the people who IRRITATE ME TO THE CORE are INTJ's, it seems.

The average INTJ isn't a problem. There's some out there, however, who just are flat out broken.

An INTJ tends to be more susceptible to several failings. Primarily, the big ones are that they get stuck on a single opinion and absolutely refuse to even consider any other viewpoint than their own, and they tend to come up with these opinions, either based solely upon someone else's work with no concept of self at all, or they develop it solely through themselves with no concept of anything else mixed in.

As such, they tend to get stuck on a very one track mind far too easily, and refuse to even consider they may be wrong. This leads to the other issues of arrogance and so on.

INTJ's are not necessarily smart at all, and in fact, most of the ones I've seen who thought they were, were often notably below average, because they lacked any real capacity to learn, or to process new information. They became so steadfast in their ways that they could not change, they couldn't learn, they couldn't become more than they were, and they couldn't improve upon their ideas. They were static, rigid, and usually very, very wrong.

Now, that being said, that's obviously not ALL INTJ's, that'd be silly. It's just that their methods of reasoning are mostly internal, and they prefer to have things finalized. With their specific thought process tending to 'end' things, and ignore future data which may prove them wrong, there are SOME who end up becoming even more stubborn than I am, which's a feat that few are capable of accomplishing XD

Most of them are pretty good peoples, but I've noticed there's definitely a trend where probably 25-50% of them just get so self absorbed that they can't even possibly fathom that they MAY be wrong. The concept doesn't even cross their mind. Doesn't matter how much evidence or proof is presented, it's all ignored, since they simply flat out ignore it as they've already made up their minds.

Once again, this isn't all INTJ's, but it's too high a risk for them it seems, moreso than other types. An ISFJ would do the same thing with emotions, but an INTJ tends to do so with whot they believe to be 'facts' or 'intelligence'.

For the most part, most INTJ's don't seem to fall into this pit, so I have no problems with most of them. It's just the unhealthy ones which have broken down I'm not too particularly fond of.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
Exactly, a lot of INTJs introverted intuition goes to their head. After all, intuition as it pertains to the myers briggs, is the ability to know something without being able to explain why. This leads some INTJs to feel that they shouldn't have to explain why, or that they're right solely on the grounds of their intuitive hunch.

So many INTJs are abrasive know-it-alls, who actually know very little.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
Also, INTJs often make it very apparent that they think everyone is their intellectual inferior. Lil' demi-Gods in their own minds.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't have anything against INTJ's in general. I do, however, realize that the vast majority of the people who IRRITATE ME TO THE CORE are INTJ's, it seems.

The average INTJ isn't a problem. There's some out there, however, who just are flat out broken.

An INTJ tends to be more susceptible to several failings. Primarily, the big ones are that they get stuck on a single opinion and absolutely refuse to even consider any other viewpoint than their own, and they tend to come up with these opinions, either based solely upon someone else's work with no concept of self at all, or they develop it solely through themselves with no concept of anything else mixed in.

As such, they tend to get stuck on a very one track mind far too easily, and refuse to even consider they may be wrong. This leads to the other issues of arrogance and so on.

INTJ's are not necessarily smart at all, and in fact, most of the ones I've seen who thought they were, were often notably below average, because they lacked any real capacity to learn, or to process new information. They became so steadfast in their ways that they could not change, they couldn't learn, they couldn't become more than they were, and they couldn't improve upon their ideas. They were static, rigid, and usually very, very wrong.

Now, that being said, that's obviously not ALL INTJ's, that'd be silly. It's just that their methods of reasoning are mostly internal, and they prefer to have things finalized. With their specific thought process tending to 'end' things, and ignore future data which may prove them wrong, there are SOME who end up becoming even more stubborn than I am, which's a feat that few are capable of accomplishing XD

Most of them are pretty good peoples, but I've noticed there's definitely a trend where probably 25-50% of them just get so self absorbed that they can't even possibly fathom that they MAY be wrong. The concept doesn't even cross their mind. Doesn't matter how much evidence or proof is presented, it's all ignored, since they simply flat out ignore it as they've already made up their minds.

Once again, this isn't all INTJ's, but it's too high a risk for them it seems, moreso than other types. An ISFJ would do the same thing with emotions, but an INTJ tends to do so with whot they believe to be 'facts' or 'intelligence'.

For the most part, most INTJ's don't seem to fall into this pit, so I have no problems with most of them. It's just the unhealthy ones which have broken down I'm not too particularly fond of.

Whoa, you must've lost a lot of arguments to INTJs!

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
Many of my buddies are INTJ's so I am hardly a hater, but it's annoying that they don't really get enthusiastic or excited about anything, or at least you can't see it. Like, they might chuckle and have a quick grin on their face, but some "normal" person would be ROFLing or jumping in the air. You just look at them and think: "That's all?". Robots.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Yeees, that's it, give in to your anger!

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
In my opinion.. there is a definite gender divide when it comes to INTJs.

I can't much too say about the females, except there is something kind of sexy about their approach to things.

But OH MY GOD!!.. the males..
before I go on , I will just state that I am speaking in general terms and there are always exceptions.

What a bunch of over emotional babies!! Yes! the so called objective seers of the big picture are a lot of arrogant, closed minded, think they know it all but don't have a fucking clue what is going on types.
Just disagree with one if you don't know what I am talking about.
Academic smarts and not much else.
I am sure their mothers love them.. albeit begrudgingly

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

I can't much to say about the females, except there is something kind of sexy about their approach to things.

before I go on , I will just state that I am speaking in general terms and there are always exceptions.

What a bunch of over emotional babies!! Yes! the so called objective seers of the big picture are a lot of arrogant, closed minded, think they know it all but don't have a fucking clue what is going on types.

How sexist of you.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Exactly, a lot of INTJs introverted intuition goes to their head. After all, intuition as it pertains to the myers briggs, is the ability to know something without being able to explain why. This leads some INTJs to feel that they shouldn't have to explain why, or that they're right solely on the grounds of their intuitive hunch.
I have recognized this in myself all my life. When I was growing up, it was quite frustrating at times, because I was not at all comfortable sharing these unsubstantiated intuitions, but felt them very strongly nonetheless. If I could not explain and support them properly, I just kept them to myself (active Te??). When one or another would later on turn out to be correct, I would kick myself for not having spoken up sooner. I learned eventually that, at least where my own actions are concerned, I can usually trust these intuitions, especially when there is no time or means to validate them properly. If I turn out to be wrong, I'm the one who loses out, and learns for the next time.

I have also become very good at doing my homework, so I can shoot down most of my stupid or unviable ideas myself, before they ever see the light of day. I am still, of course, wrong sometimes, usually because of some error in my facts, especially when some of the "facts" are themselves moving targets. People are often surprised, however, by the extent to which I have already analyzed my own idea before I share it. This may contribute to the apparent certainty with which I ultimately present it; I've already covered the obvious criticisms and then some, and I expect any critique to go beyond that. I especially like criticism that comes out of left field, from my blind spots, and addresses things I never even considered.

As for the gender divide, I suspect much of it is due to culture and social expectations, though I also suspect that INTJs would be more likely than most other types to see through and to resist such influences.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
I just got door slammed by an intj...

This person lead me on, accused me of flirting with other people, then door slammed me because this person wanted a more 'active' relationship/friendship.

No... just no.

sculpting

I can't much too say about the females, except there is something kind of sexy about their approach to things.

when you say "emotional"-what does that look like in terms of behavior?

I cannot say I have seen a clear diff in males vs females. But mine are all plus 30...the women are as stubborn and bullheaded as the men. EDIT: but both are very creative and can accomplish the impossible. Some of the women are quite aesthetic though...inf Se I presume?

(You have to be ready to provide data to dispute their plan or as C said-have an observation/perspective/question that is outside of the scope of their original Ni-Te idea before they will listen to you.)

I dont like it the way some INTJs belittle others when they are defensive. It appears very insecure on the surface but hurts others. Oddly it hurts the INTJ the most as others will stop giving them information out of fear-thus the future INTJ ideas and plans are formed on the basis of flawed data-thus are flawed.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
I hate INTJs because we can talk about the same thing, but still disagree. Beats the sh*t out of me...Besides their arrogance and close-mindedness can often beat even mine.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I often argue with someone when it was just 'forcifully agreeing with each other' hahaha!

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Whoa, you must've lost a lot of arguments to INTJs!

More like I've won alot when they ran themselves in circles and showed they didn't actually HAVE an opinion XD

A common theme I've found for INTJ's that're unhealthy, is they end up quoting 20 different sources, most of them conflicting with each other, to the point it becomes clear they don't actually HAVE an opinion of their own, they're just mindlessly rattling off everyone else's opinions.

It's painfully difficult to argue with a dictionary, because all it can do is quote references, it has nothing of its' own that can be argued against. If it doesn't HAVE a point of view, it can't "win" because by default it offers no argument to argue against. As such, several INTJ's have defaulted on their arguments quite often by never actually presenting one in the first place.

I enjoy back and forth banter, to learn and think things out through conflict... INTJ's rarely are capable of providing such, at least the ones I've had the misfortune to talk to, since they can't provide any counter arguments... they repeat the same thing over and over mindlessly with no comprehension nor understanding. It's more than a little irritating when yeu disprove one of their arguments and all they can do is repeat it again, or quote someone else, but never show any capacity of understanding themselves.

I don't hate INTJ's, but the ones who are unhealthy, yet still insist on "debating", fail hard at it, and it's BORING to deal with them. They have nothing to disprove of their own, and no capacity to change or adapt. So yeah, I get tired of dealing with someone who doesn't have the capacity to learn or adapt in any way shape or form, or the ability to realize that, just because they read someone else saying it, doesn't mean it's absolute fact and that their reference they're quoting may be wrong XD

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
No, nobody wins when they debate with an INTJ. The INTJ will continue to alienate themselves, repel the opposite sex, and gather enemies, and the person they're debating with will rightfully feel disrespected.