User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 421

  1. #291
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    In my opinion.. there is a definite gender divide when it comes to INTJs.

    I can't much to say about the females, except there is something kind of sexy about their approach to things.

    But OH MY GOD!!.. the males..
    before I go on , I will just state that I am speaking in general terms and there are always exceptions.

    What a bunch of over emotional babies!! Yes! the so called objective seers of the big picture are a lot of arrogant, closed minded, think they know it all but don't have a fucking clue what is going on types.
    Just disagree with one if you don't know what I am talking about.
    Academic smarts and not much else.
    I am sure their mothers love them.. albeit begrudgingly
    How sexist of you.

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    How sexist of you.
    Yeah.. well no one is perfect .

  3. #293
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Yeah.. well no one is perfect .
    So, what do you think causes this alleged massive difference between male and female INTJs?

  4. #294
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    Exactly, a lot of INTJs introverted intuition goes to their head. After all, intuition as it pertains to the myers briggs, is the ability to know something without being able to explain why. This leads some INTJs to feel that they shouldn't have to explain why, or that they're right solely on the grounds of their intuitive hunch.
    I have recognized this in myself all my life. When I was growing up, it was quite frustrating at times, because I was not at all comfortable sharing these unsubstantiated intuitions, but felt them very strongly nonetheless. If I could not explain and support them properly, I just kept them to myself (active Te??). When one or another would later on turn out to be correct, I would kick myself for not having spoken up sooner. I learned eventually that, at least where my own actions are concerned, I can usually trust these intuitions, especially when there is no time or means to validate them properly. If I turn out to be wrong, I'm the one who loses out, and learns for the next time.

    I have also become very good at doing my homework, so I can shoot down most of my stupid or unviable ideas myself, before they ever see the light of day. I am still, of course, wrong sometimes, usually because of some error in my facts, especially when some of the "facts" are themselves moving targets. People are often surprised, however, by the extent to which I have already analyzed my own idea before I share it. This may contribute to the apparent certainty with which I ultimately present it; I've already covered the obvious criticisms and then some, and I expect any critique to go beyond that. I especially like criticism that comes out of left field, from my blind spots, and addresses things I never even considered.

    As for the gender divide, I suspect much of it is due to culture and social expectations, though I also suspect that INTJs would be more likely than most other types to see through and to resist such influences.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    me
    Posts
    234

    Default

    I just got door slammed by an intj...

    This person lead me on, accused me of flirting with other people, then door slammed me because this person wanted a more 'active' relationship/friendship.

    No... just no.

  6. #296
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    In my opinion.. there is a definite gender divide when it comes to INTJs.

    I can't much too say about the females, except there is something kind of sexy about their approach to things.

    But OH MY GOD!!.. the males..
    before I go on , I will just state that I am speaking in general terms and there are always exceptions.

    What a bunch of over emotional babies!! Yes! the so called objective seers of the big picture are a lot of arrogant, closed minded, think they know it all but don't have a fucking clue what is going on types.
    Just disagree with one if you don't know what I am talking about.
    Academic smarts and not much else.
    I am sure their mothers love them.. albeit begrudgingly
    when you say "emotional"-what does that look like in terms of behavior?

    I cannot say I have seen a clear diff in males vs females. But mine are all plus 30...the women are as stubborn and bullheaded as the men. EDIT: but both are very creative and can accomplish the impossible. Some of the women are quite aesthetic though...inf Se I presume?

    (You have to be ready to provide data to dispute their plan or as C said-have an observation/perspective/question that is outside of the scope of their original Ni-Te idea before they will listen to you.)

    I dont like it the way some INTJs belittle others when they are defensive. It appears very insecure on the surface but hurts others. Oddly it hurts the INTJ the most as others will stop giving them information out of fear-thus the future INTJ ideas and plans are formed on the basis of flawed data-thus are flawed.

  7. #297
    *hmmms* theadoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    586

    Default

    I hate INTJs because we can talk about the same thing, but still disagree. Beats the sh*t out of me...Besides their arrogance and close-mindedness can often beat even mine.
    Oh yeah?

  8. #298
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I often argue with someone when it was just 'forcifully agreeing with each other' hahaha!

  9. #299
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Whoa, you must've lost a lot of arguments to INTJs!
    More like I've won alot when they ran themselves in circles and showed they didn't actually HAVE an opinion XD

    A common theme I've found for INTJ's that're unhealthy, is they end up quoting 20 different sources, most of them conflicting with each other, to the point it becomes clear they don't actually HAVE an opinion of their own, they're just mindlessly rattling off everyone else's opinions.

    It's painfully difficult to argue with a dictionary, because all it can do is quote references, it has nothing of its' own that can be argued against. If it doesn't HAVE a point of view, it can't "win" because by default it offers no argument to argue against. As such, several INTJ's have defaulted on their arguments quite often by never actually presenting one in the first place.

    I enjoy back and forth banter, to learn and think things out through conflict... INTJ's rarely are capable of providing such, at least the ones I've had the misfortune to talk to, since they can't provide any counter arguments... they repeat the same thing over and over mindlessly with no comprehension nor understanding. It's more than a little irritating when yeu disprove one of their arguments and all they can do is repeat it again, or quote someone else, but never show any capacity of understanding themselves.

    I don't hate INTJ's, but the ones who are unhealthy, yet still insist on "debating", fail hard at it, and it's BORING to deal with them. They have nothing to disprove of their own, and no capacity to change or adapt. So yeah, I get tired of dealing with someone who doesn't have the capacity to learn or adapt in any way shape or form, or the ability to realize that, just because they read someone else saying it, doesn't mean it's absolute fact and that their reference they're quoting may be wrong XD

  10. #300
    Senior Member kevrawlings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    137

    Default

    No, nobody wins when they debate with an INTJ. The INTJ will continue to alienate themselves, repel the opposite sex, and gather enemies, and the person they're debating with will rightfully feel disrespected.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] The Official ENTP Haters' Thread
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 652
    Last Post: 06-14-2016, 05:25 PM
  2. [INTJ] The Official INTJ Hunters' Thread
    By Ming in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-12-2015, 11:21 PM
  3. [INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
  4. The Official Funny Picture Thread...
    By Samvega in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 04:41 PM
  5. [ISTJ] The Official ISTJ Fanclub Thread
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO