User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    Well said!

Muahahaha. I'm an INTJ without much Ni. I win!
    But I am an INTJ with a fair amount of Ni, which is always right! I win!

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of York View Post
    But I am an INTJ with a fair amount of Ni, which is always right! I win!
    Oh yeah, well...what did you eat for dinner exactly three weeks ago?

My Si tells me I ate chicken curry w/ rice and some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    OMNi

I'm an INFJ with Ni and Fe. I'm above the concept of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Oh yeah, well...what did you eat for dinner exactly three weeks ago?
    My Ni knows that that information is completely inconsequential. Therefore my S(e) can ignore it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of York View Post
    My Ni knows that that information is completely inconsequential. Therefore my S(e) can ignore it.
    Precisely!
    Inconsequential information!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    The only thing wrong with an INTJ is Ni.

For them, having an argument (as well as... nearly everything else) involves some form of "where's waldo"

You can change the scenery, and the people all you want, but that little mother fucker will pop up... eventually they'll find a place for him.

It's nearly impossible to prove an INTJ wrong because they favor such broad abstractions. True, that might be a good thing, but what they obsess over, are often so broad that they're meaningless, except in a few places.

It's even worse with EN_Js though -- I will say that. The problem I have with the Ni, isn't the Ni itself, but the overconfidence (supplied by Je) a they have in it.
    Yes.

At least give us Waldo. He's the only ace we got.

I'm just going to go ahead and point out that the order of the functions has nothing to do with 'how much' of something one has but rather how conscious something is... I guess how much use would be proper? But then, Sriv, what I don't understand, is that if you have not much use of Ni, then you'd have less use of Te, and less use of Fi, and even less use of Se... so that would mean your brain isn't very useful at all, right?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes.

At least give us Waldo. He's the only ace we got.

I'm just going to go ahead and point out that the order of the functions has nothing to do with 'how much' of something one has but rather how conscious something is... I guess how much use would be proper? But then, Sriv, what I don't understand, is that if you have not much use of Ni, then you'd have less use of Te, and less use of Fi, and even less use of Se... so that would mean your brain isn't very useful at all, right?
    Let's try not to turn this into a conversation about me again.

I just do not have much Ni relative to an INTJ. It just balances the other functions.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Let's try not to turn this into a conversation about me again.

I just do not have much Ni relative to an INTJ. It just balances the other functions.
    Aww, but you're such a fun subject!

I'm just curious, though. What's your understanding of Ni?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

It is hard to bash my own type. Even in the bashing there a bias. If I claim, X really pisses me off about INTJs, I take pride in that X. That variable (X) was worthy of being mentioned. If it was mentioned then it has surfaced to consciousness and what surfaces to consciousness is contemplated and given serious thought. If I describe myself as a quashed voluptuous-seeking insect and bad seed from which nothing good grows, there is honor in that. I am an insect. That's definitive. In a world where people never cultivate any real meaning in their lives - that is - fail to define their existence as either hero nor insect as neither prince nor scoundrel at least there is something for my existence to cling to. If I am an insect, I am proud to be an insect and if hero- proud too. The point is that it is impossible to be authentically vicious toward the self. There are build in defense-systems shielding one from drawing on anything remotely true about the core of what makes the INTJ tick.

The bias is, for example, so obvious when INTJs call their emotional numbness a weakness when they secretely take pride in being cold calculating bastards. WHen was the last time an INTJ said our biggest weakness is lack of intelligence?? It doesn't happen. Do I believe it. No, I consider myself a genius. ThAT's the problem. The only valid contributions made in this thread are those posts that come from non-INTJ posters because it is impossible to fully objective with respect to the self. There are subconscious biases that pervert the truth.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    The bias is, for example, so obvious when INTJs call their emotional numbness a weakness when they secretely take pride in being cold calculating bastards.
    I am so totally not emotionally numb! I just appear that way.

I figure that INTJs know they have 'weaknesses' and take a lot of pride in knowing these weaknesses and when they can be strengths. Everything's a double-edged sword to them. Also, how can you know where to defend if you don't know where the weaknesses are? Weaknesses they don't know about... are weaknesses they don't know about. Weaknesses that they don't know how to turn into strengths just leave shame.