User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

According to my experience ISTP's are more into this day (Se), this moment and INTP's live in the future (Ne). ISTP's are quite aware and alert of things happening around them (Se), INTP's are not. ISTP's (T+S) are less interested in abstract theories than INTP's (T+N). ISTP's are more in tune with their bodies (Se) than INTP's. ISTP's are much more prone to notice details than INTP's. There might not be any difference in logical thinking (both probably get pretty high scores in intelligence tests that measure logical thinking) because both have dominant Ti, but the interest is usually divided to the concrete with ISTP's and abstract with INTP's (not always of course). Both types can be pretty hard to know.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    According to my experience ISTP's are more into this day (Se), this moment and INTP's live in the future (Ne). ISTP's are quite aware and alert of things happening around them (Se), INTP's are not. ISTP's (T+S) are less interested in abstract theories than INTP's (T+N). ISTP's are more in tune with their bodies (Se) than INTP's. ISTP's are much more prone to notice details than INTP's. There might not be any difference in logical thinking (both probably get pretty high scores in intelligence tests that measure logical thinking) because both have dominant Ti, but the interest is usually divided to the concrete with ISTP's and abstract with INTP's (not always of course). Both types can be pretty hard to know.
    An ISTP in a TiNi loop may be far more abstract than an INTP in a TiSi loop.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    So where does Ni get the initial outside data to start off with? Se?
    Just watching the world around us. Instead of assuming how things work we want to find the actual reasons. When others just "know" we want to be positive so we dig deeper. As we build our knowledge base we can cross check against whats known and draw parallels. We know the parallels are fuzzy, but it paints a general picture. I tend to shy away from exact or concrete as everything is generally different shades of grey, not just black and white..."defined with hard edges".

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    An ISTP in a TiNi loop may be far more abstract than an INTP in a TiSi loop.
    An ISTP in an NiTi loop plays with concepts, where as an INTP in a TiSi loop plays with details.
    Im out, its been fun

Would it be valid to say INTPs have a bigger "pinnochio" quality? If that sounds bad, just replace it with Commander Data. Specifically with feelings and socializing. I suspect that NTs, by virtue of being less attached to their social surroundings (both Ti and Ne), might be compelled to understand it more. Less preconceptions about it. And they have an innocent "outsider" quality that analyzes these situations and sort of aims to please or update their behavior. While STPs are more confident about the surroundings, but instead of appeasing, might lean more towards criticism or rebellion (not to say they'll neatly fall under these categories.. everyone might have times of doing a little of both). It seems to me that INTPs around here wanted to be included socially a little more. More aspiring F like qualities. While I'm more aggravated by the things I see. It's dawning on me how much I suppress in order to be more socially mobile (and I barely do that.. it's exhausting.. not "fascinating").

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    This is usually a common problem for most lead Ti-ers new to Psychological Types. I find that I neither fit the typical ISTP or INTP mold, and therefore am very confused about which type I am. The way I see it is: I am either a very smart, creative, and intuitive ISTP, or a dull, creative-lacking INTP.
    Maybe your neither.
    Im out, its been fun

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Both ITPs are very much into what makes stuff work, are loners, generally unconscientious, deep-thinking, and uber-logical. Distinguishing the 2 can indeed be tough, but @iNtrovert told me before that ISTPs would focus on putting the operation into practice, whereas INTPs would lay the foundations and create an architectural model for future developments. Based on that, I could be either ITP, since I believe we shoudl strive to master the creation, and it won't be put into practice immediately, but nonetheless it would be used in a utilitarian way. A lot of people think I could be ISTP with strong Ni though, so I could be a combination of the two.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

INTP's think about possibilities. ISTP's think about details of the external world. I always thought ISTP's were really interesting to interact with but they never care about my Ne side.

Okay here's an example what I mean. INTP is at the lake and he looks at the water. I would be thinking about where the water came from which is from outer-space. Water assembled 12 billion years ago. I don't have to think about the possibilities. I can revert to introverted sensing and think about the details. ISTP's think about the external details of the water and how it looks like. This is the difference between Ne and Se.