User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    Can you explain how you access or jumpstart your Ne? An ISTP goes for a walk outside or does something physical and his/her Se starts becoming very active. What is it that an Ne user has to do?
    I ask the question "What could be?" on a subconscious level because it makes me feel good. My Ti helps me put that potential in a logical framework of "how can this technically be done". My weak Fi usually fails to tell me if I should really care, thus leading to "I did it because I could". Most people perceive that is irresponsible or immoral behaviour.

I guess it gives me pleasure to deconstruct logical ideas and potential in a similar way an ISTP would take apart an engine.

Perhaps it's better to ask an aux Ne user because mine comes less realized and more instinctual - I've been training since I can remember. People who've put more conscious effort are usually better teachers to my experience.

How do you engage and make Se fit in with society? I've noticed ISTPs sometimes get physical too much.

In the forest walk I'd be walking in some fantasy forest where anything could be possible. I would get really energized about coming up with a plan about realizing a possibility I've seen. I'd be happy to do it if it takes less time and allows for shoot-from-the-hip action. (Warning: This is pure Ne with a slave Ti. It doesn't exist in a pure form)

What already is used to be very boring to me. It took me real acts of will and training to learn to appreciate the immediate environment.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    How do you engage and make Se fit in with society? I've noticed ISTPs sometimes get physical too much.
    Using Se is just...pure joy. The incredible rush of energy is beautiful. I've never been tempted to use drugs because of the natural high it gives me. It just makes me so unusually happy, like I really appreciate being alive. I especially love being in nature. I used to think I had Ne because of the creative energy I got--fragments of poems and pictures would pop into my head because of the stimulation. But Se is activated by physical stimulus and makes you want to start cartwheeling around the vicinity with happiness. It's very childish, in a way; it's why SPs can seem so irrespnsible. I never realized how much I loved it until I started writing this post, lol.

But it is rather disruptive in real life, especially if your grounding Ni function and your Fe function aren't developed. Sometimes the energy can manifest itself in recklessness and argumentativeness. If you ever try to stop an ISTP with an overactive Se and Fe, beware. S/he might kill you or rip you to absolute shreds emotionally. But a well-developed ISTP, well...they're in for a hell of a ride WHOOOOOO

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    Right, that is because they are shooting at something. Ne is not shooting. We just notices things, think we have an answer, and continuously test our answer. Ni starts with a goal, finds the best path, know they have the answer, and then moves on to the next goal.
    LMAO...yup, dominant Ni...not ISTP Ni though We are doers, so we apply, check, verify, and actually know if our Ni path works.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Using Se is just...pure joy. The incredible rush of energy is beautiful. I've never been tempted to use drugs because of the natural high it gives me. It just makes me so unusually happy, like I really appreciate being alive. I especially love being in nature. I used to think I had Ne because of the creative energy I got--fragments of poems and pictures would pop into my head because of the stimulation. But Se is activated by physical stimulus and makes you want to start cartwheeling around the vicinity with happiness. It's very childish, in a way; it's why SPs can seem so irrespnsible. I never realized how much I loved it until I started writing this post, lol.

But it is rather disruptive in real life, especially if your grounding Ni function and your Fe function aren't developed. Sometimes the energy can manifest itself in recklessness and argumentativeness. If you ever try to stop an ISTP with an overactive Se and Fe, beware. S/he might kill you or rip you to absolute shreds emotionally. But a well-developed ISTP, well...they're in for a hell of a ride WHOOOOOO
    I'm glad we could recruit you
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

I ran across this earlier.. it's just another wholistic description, but I can't find a lot I'd disagree with. I might as well be INTP too. Maybe there's more similarity than I thought. It's the first time I've seen INTP described as working in bursts and using their Ne in a sort of "speed reading" sort of way (I know Ne dominants are like that). I always thought of them as more complicated.

http://www.prelude-team.com/ca/types/INTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I ran across this earlier.. it's just another wholistic description, but I can't find a lot I'd disagree with. I might as well be INTP too. Maybe there's more similarity than I thought. It's the first time I've seen INTP described as working in bursts and using their Ne in a sort of "speed reading" sort of way (I know Ne dominants are like that). I always thought of them as more complicated.

http://www.prelude-team.com/ca/types/INTP
    We're the same but different. The thought process and mannerism are similar, but the data we gather leads us to very different conclusions.
    Speed reading? What do you mean?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I think he means the way you speed read -- jumping around to get a fuller picture.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Society

first of all let's clear one thing: the relative placement of your Ne nor Ni won't make you intelligent - there's sensors who are more intelligent then me, there's intuitives who are a dumber then squirrels on extacy, there are Ti and Te doms that couldn't follow logic through if it strangled them by the nose, and there are Fe & Fi doms who have the emotional intelligence of 2 years old bipolar psychopaths with toret syndrom. the preferance isn't indicative of the strenghs as much as it is indicative of awareness.

now to your issue:
    I find myself to be more of a realist and a "here and now" person, though I don't know if that's because of my own doing. I read many books which discussed the topic of appreciating what you have and living for each day, and I was deeply influenced by the arguments they presented. I don't always have that mindset, but I'm focused on the present because I have been taught that there might not always be a tomorrow.
    you have just described adopting an Se attitude based on an Si-Ti origin. you have practically made it your own tradition to live in the here and now as a learned behavior, which is funny and awesome in the same time.

i find that tertiary and inferior functions are often used to acknowledge but not captivate in one's awareness. for example, i often acknowledge the Fe reality around me - my tertiary function - and yet will be fine with it being broken and messy, and to a lesser extent, i will be inclined to be aware of the value in rituals and traditions - my inferior Si - but seek it within in very limited amounts.

to me it sounds like you have tertiary Si rather then an auxilary Se, which indicates INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I think he means the way you speed read -- jumping around to get a fuller picture.
    I read situations but there is nothing speedy about it. haha
    I guess once I fully understand a concept, which takes awhile. I can reapply the concept quickly to new situations if I feel like it appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    you have just described adopting an Se attitude based on an Si-Ti origin. you have practically made it your own tradition to live in the here and now as a learned behavior, which is funny and awesome in the same time.
    Interesting, you could be taught something you already know, right?

Something I've noticed about ISTP's is that they are acutely aware of their body. What I mean is when something is off, they notice it. For instance, when they have dry-skin, they notice it. And it annoys them enough for them to do something about it. When I have dry skin, I am oblivious to it until someone says something or it starts hurting. Even then getting lotion gets placed 2nd or 3rd in the priority list. Random... They are also picky eaters.

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    Something I've noticed about ISTP's is that they are acutely aware of their body. What I mean is when something is off, they notice it. For instance, when they have dry-skin, they notice it. And it annoys them enough for them to do something about it. When I have dry skin, I am oblivious to it until someone says something or it starts hurting. Then thought of getting lotion gets placed 2nd or 3rd in the priority list. Random...
    Yeah, I think I'm pretty aware of body related things. From dry skin to more vague matters..like when I'm about to go over my comfort threshold. I don't overindulge. I hardly ever overdo things in work or when drinking alcohol, for example. I know when to hold back, and jump in again.