User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    Forgive my (probable) lack of Ne, but I'm a little confused. If Ni's compare and contrast, that means they easily see the parallels and connections between two things. An INTJ I know told me that he looks for common ground between two concepts and uses that to broaden his knowledge further--it's easier to learn when you see the connections between things. It seems like you're saying Ni is more aggressive and decisive (which is debatable, considering it's an introverted function). It makes sense that Ni's find new ways to use old things, but if Ne's make analogies and base their theories off of those observations, they're basically doing the same thing as Ni's, just with a somewhat different method. I believe Ne's still build off of common ground, but are more discreet about it (correct me if I'm wrong). Is there just a lot of overlap?
    They are simliar but Ni more understands where Ne builds. Ne doesnt build off a common ground they start at point A then leap to point B. Ni is standing at a distance making the connections between point 1.A and point 1.B where 1 is the basis of similarities. So there are some things that can be applied to both 1.A and 1.B that are true to a degree as long as you remove .A and .B qualities from the picture.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    while I am looking for the right answer with limitless possibilities
    And to Ni that comes across as shooting in the dark.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    And to Ni that comes across as shooting in the dark.
    Right, that is because they are shooting at something. Ne is not shooting. We just notices things, think we have an answer, and continuously test our answer. Ni starts with a goal, finds the best path, know they have the answer, and then moves on to the next goal.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

So where does Ni get the initial outside data to start off with? Se?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    That must be why the Se and Ni are paired up. Then are Ne and Si paired so that Si can fill the holes in Ne with factual details? I'm definitely an Ni user; I'm given a system and then able to make 101 connections within the system itself. I suppose Ne just does its own thing? If it's extroverted, then what source does the information stem from? Ni's hate to have to go off their own leads completely, but Ne's are totally fine with that...why is that? Let's say you (an Ne) are given a blank piece of paper. How do you decide what to draw/do? Does it just come to you? I think an Ni would need a system first...and therefore would despise an assignment like that.

Humm. I dunno. As a kid you only use your dominate judging function. You develop your dominate perceiving function in your early teens, and your third function in your late teens and early twenties. I guess the initial Ni data collection starts with your community norms.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBorealis View Post
    That must be why the Se and Ni are paired up. Then are Ne and Si paired so that Si can fill the holes in Ne with factual details? I'm definitely an Ni user; I'm given a system and then able to make 101 connections within the system itself. I suppose Ne just does its own thing? If it's extroverted, then what source does the information stem from? Ni's hate to have to go off their own leads completely, but Ne's are totally fine with that...why is that? Let's say you (an Ne) are given a blank piece of paper. How do you decide what to draw/do? Does it just come to you? I think an Ni would need a system first...and therefore would despise an assignment like that.
    What would I draw on a blank piece of paper?... haha, nothing. I'd sit there and watch what the other guy is doing.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

^ pssshhh...

I would struggle with a task like that. But my Se would be screaming "BE CREATIVE! BE CREATIVE!" so I'd eventually get something down.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Is it possible that a lot of great intellectuals who are always typed as INTP are really ISTP, such as Charles Darwin or Leonardo da Vinci?
    I don't know about da Vinci, but Darwin is consistently typed as ISTP, from my recollection. It seems likely from what little I know of him.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Can you explain how you access or jumpstart your Ne? An ISTP goes for a walk outside or does something physical and his/her Se starts becoming very active. What is it that an Ne user has to do?