• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF seeking book recommendation RE: logic, decision making, or critical thinking...

jamiek

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm looking to strengthen the rational side of my personality, so I'd love any book recommendations that y'all may have. I've read a bit about cognitive biases, so am more interested in an overview of logic, decision making, or critical thinking. Given that this subject area isn't my strength, though, I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you considered studying math? You could use a site like Khan Academy to review/learn just about any topic in mathematics you could think of.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Lol so you want another person to tell you how to think critically?

Id second learning a programming language...it gives you a platform from which you can structure thought.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol so you want another person to tell you how to think critically?

Id second learning a programming language...it gives you a platform from which you can structure thought.

Not everybody has been practicing Ti since birth.

I'd say the language is not leading to synergies unless u r in IT so take a look at your life and think how you can integrate this in a way that leads to some kind of value creation.

language, chemistry problems, math problems, GMAT, etc.

But my impression is that most of higher edu is Te-Fi, not Ti (independent, original, own vs. somebody else's T).

Alternatively, have an affair with a Ti-dom (I hear ISTPs are pretty good-looking + NFs like affairs = synergy)

jamiek

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks everyone for the recommendations... I can't wait to do some of the reading y'all recommended.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
All things must be examined, debated, investigated, without exception and without regard for anyone's feelings.

I like this sig.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
I enjoyed Nassim Taleb's Black Swan. Also, More Sex Is Safer Sex, by Steven Landsburg.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since you're an INFJ, you may want to take a look at these classics:

-How to doorslam reasonably

-Doorslamming deconstructed

-Game theory applied to doorslaming

jamiek

MBTI Type
INFJ
Since you're an INFJ, you may want to take a look at these classics:

-How to doorslam reasonably
-Doorslamming deconstructed
-Game theory applied to doorslaming

And let's not forget:

- The Adoorable Life: Introduction to Your First Doorslam

Does closing my internet browser instead of responding to this thread count as a doorslam?!? :)

theAdamMeister

MBTI Type
ESFP
"How to SpeedRead People" by the Teigers. I loved it (but I usually prefer reading applied stuff, so it may not be your taste - i.e., you might be looking for fiction reading).