User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Light Yagami is the antagonist of the story by definition because he kills people on his won judgement, outside the rules of the law.

(Even a criminal could have his side of the story. And maybe, just maybe, no matter how disgusting the crime of the criminal, he/she had a reason behind the actions.)

Light Yagami, not the villain, because he chooses and kills criminal who have escaped the law due to the lack of evidence. etc.

--

Or maybe it should be the other way around. He is the antagonist but not the villain?
    :eyeroll:

Re-read your previous posts and read this.

I heard the INTJ burns faster
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Light Yagami is the antagonist of the story by definition because he kills people on his won judgement, outside the rules of the law.

(Even a criminal could have his side of the story. And maybe, just maybe, no matter how disgusting the crime of the criminal, he/she had a reason behind the actions.)

Light Yagami, not the villain, because he chooses and kills criminal who have escaped the law due to the lack of evidence. etc.
    No, no, no, Light is the protagonist "villain". There's a difference between an antagonist and a villain, you know. The protagonist is the main character in the story whom deals with obstacles (conflict, antagonists, etc.) and the one the story revolves around. A hero is someone who fights for a "good" cause and tries to save people/justice.

Without Light, the story wouldn't take place, so you can presume he is the protagonist. L, the Task Force, and anyone else who gets in the way, are antagonists, because they interfere with what Light, the protagonist, is trying to do. Even Wikipedia says Light is the protagonist and L is the main antagonist! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ote_characters

Yes, hero and protagonist are usually correlated, but they aren't always mutually inclusive. I hope that makes sense.

(Also, like Nico was saying, there's not actually a true "villain" and "hero" in Death Note, as it is left to the viewer to decide, but I think Light is portrayed as the villain and L is portrayed as the hero.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That's a pretty good observation. Ti is about deciding what is technically good (or not) based more on ideas of worth than just practicallity/necessity. The rejection of populat things is often the result of the poor Fe rejecting anything that smells of fitting in.

You are also right the dominant percievers (especially introverted percievers) tend not to to be concerned with matters of taste. It's the weak Ji.
    Thanks. It does fit, but I'm always wary of Ni's capacity to "make things fit", so wondering about other people's experiences. This has struck me on numerous occasions about IPs, though. It also seems to be a way of relating to the other and building a connection for them (exchanging compatible judgements and talking about them, sometimes this leads to the formation of in-crowds). And they seem to connect it to a person's worth or "sound construction" (integrity) and can be very confused or disappointed when you (as a person respected by them) don't consistently exhibit tastes in line with the respect they accord you (because they think they've misjudged you?). I can relate to the latter bit with regard to Fi values, but not so much taste.