User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You can sometimes tell by asking their opinion of something. INTJ is more likely to have an opinion, to answer by stating it in a concise way, followed up by some top-level reasoning, which they will then expand if asked or challenged. INTP is more likely to speak more generally on the topic, listing different perspectives, pros and cons, without ever saying what they personally believe. My INTP claims not to have opinions on many topics, due to incomplete knowledge of the topic. I usually do have an opinion, which (due to the incomplete knowledge), I will revise as I learn more.

This isn't foolproof, though. I have known a couple of INTPs who come off as quite opinionated.
    That is a huge difference between a IP and a IJ. Open vs Closed.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    nnnn

INTPs seem to have stronger convictions about what's right and wrong intrinsically (not morally, though)...they seem to have strong opinions about what they appreciate and don't appreciate (maybe that's some Fe leaking through)...crudely constructed things, especially when carrying a whiff of Se/Fe/Si (I'm thinking mass-oriented popular music for example) may get rejected violently (in this scenario the INTP often fails to engage with the object on the object's terms, which is a fate INTJs also seem to suffer at the hands of INTPs). Matters of taste are not the realm of the dominant perceiver IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Light Yagami - INTJ (The Antagonist)
    L Lawliet - INTP (The Protagonist)
    Actually, Light is the protagonist.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Actually, Light is the protagonist.
    Nico, this is why INTJs are the perfect villains.

They don't know they are the villains.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

The same with any type - their functions.

INTP's are usually easier to bounce ideas off with their Ne. If they're unhealthy then you get a Ti-Si loop, which usually involves said INTP trying to pick your argument apart through pedantic details. This isn't something INTJ's tend to do. INTJ's I find are less energetic even with things they love. A Te bitchslap can also be an obvious sign.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    INTPs seem to have stronger convictions about what's right and wrong intrinsically (not morally, though)...they seem to have strong opinions about what they appreciate and don't appreciate (maybe that's some Fe leaking through)...crudely constructed things, especially when carrying a whiff of Se/Fe/Si (I'm thinking mass-oriented popular music for example) may get rejected violently (in this scenario the INTP often fails to engage with the object on the object's terms, which is a fate INTJs also seem to suffer at the hands of INTPs). Matters of taste are not the realm of the dominant perceiver IME.
    That's a pretty good observation. Ti is about deciding what is technically good (or not) based more on ideas of worth than just practicallity/necessity. The rejection of populat things is often the result of the poor Fe rejecting anything that smells of fitting in.

You are also right the dominant percievers (especially introverted percievers) tend not to to be concerned with matters of taste. It's the weak Ji.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Nico, this is why INTJs are the perfect villains.

They don't know they are the villains.

Whether he is the pro- or the antagonist has nothing to do with whether or not he is a villain.

To think about 'Death Note' in terms of good guy/bad guy also makes little sense to me.

Riva

Whether he is the pro- or the antagonist has nothing to do with whether or not he is a villain.

To think about 'Death Note' in terms of good guy/bad guy also makes little sense to me.
    He is not the villain but still is the antagonist of the story.

So in that sense you are still wrong, dear INTJ.

Ti > INTJ

He is not the villain but still is the antagonist of the story.

So in that sense you are still wrong, dear INTJ.

Ti > INTJ
    Ti is pretty useless when it works with poor definitions.

Riva

Ti is pretty useless when it works with poor definitions.
    Light Yagami is the antagonist of the story by definition because he kills people on his won judgement, outside the rules of the law.

(Even a criminal could have his side of the story. And maybe, just maybe, no matter how disgusting the crime of the criminal, he/she had a reason behind the actions.)

Light Yagami, not the villain, because he chooses and kills criminal who have escaped the law due to the lack of evidence. etc.