User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default How Do ENTPs Cope Socially

    How do ENTPs 'fit in'? We often feel like an odd person out or a fifth wheel.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  2. #2
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    except when we re the central wheel. yes. I find new people. new is interesting.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #3
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    I fit in quite well. However when I do stop to think whether I fit in I feel out of the picture (unless otherwise I am feeling extremely comfortable and homely.)

    But it is not limited to ENTPs. Every person who would stops to think and sees even for a split second themselves as different from others would feel so.

    Some would try to fit in more some others would drown in that feeling.

    It is not an ENTP thing or ENTP only thing.

    Infact I would say that it is highly unlikely would bother an ENTP compared to most other types.

    ExxPs are one with the universe. ENTPs the most.

    'ENTPs live in a world of imagination. This imagination applies to both the people and objects around them.' I know I do. And being an ENTP I rarely feel alone around others.

    But INTPsss... Ah, they would simply be overwhelmed with this feeling I imagine.

    Edit -

    How strange it is that ENTPs and INTPs could be sooooo very different socially?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    except when we re the central wheel. yes. I find new people. new is interesting.
    Hahaa! Sweet post count BTW.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  5. #5
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I fit in quite well. However when I do stop to think whether I fit in I feel out of the picture (unless otherwise I am feeling extremely comfortable and homely.)

    But it is not limited to ENTPs. Every person who would stops to think and sees even for a split second themselves as different from others would feel so.

    Some would try to fit in more some others would drown in that feeling.

    It is not an ENTP thing or ENTP only thing.

    Infact I would say that it is highly unlikely would bother an ENTP compared to most other types.

    ExxPs are one with the universe. ENTPs the most.

    'ENTPs live in a world of imagination. This imagination applies to both the people and objects around them.' I know I do. And being an ENTP I rarely feel alone around others.

    But INTPsss... Ah, they would simply be overwhelmed with this feeling I imagine.

    Edit -

    How strange it is that ENTPs and INTPs could be sooooo very different socially?
    I'm curious..what's your enneagram?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  6. #6
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    I'm curious..what's your enneagram?
    Probably a 7w6.

  7. #7
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    I don't. I just speak out when I can't fit in.

    You are like a puzzle piece, sometimes you can't force yourself to fit in to people who can't understand what you think.

    I used to keep what i think silent and not speak out, but gradually its better to develop the courage to speak out, even if what you say is out of context with reality.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    except when we re the central wheel. yes. I find new people. new is interesting.
    Haha...yep. If I find I don't fit in with a certain group of people anymore (it happens...people change over time) I just move on to a different crowd.

    "Fitting in" is a very general term, anyway. You can stand out within a group of people while still being on the same wavelength as everyone else. Or you can fit in superficially while never truly feeling like you're a part of the group or like you connect with the others. Sounds to me like you kind of have that problem.

  9. #9
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    either the center or the edge.

    i'm not good with the gray area: if there's another alpha, conflicts become unavoidable, and someone will "win"... i've noticed that more often then not, in tight knit social groups, the key is the local ENFP.

    i've even had some periods of being a loner, but they are usually transitional periods... only once did i ever feel "stuck in place", it wasn't a healthy state for me to be in.

    i'm type 4, or tritype 4w5-7w8-8w7

  10. #10
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    either the center or the edge.

    i'm not good with the gray area: if there's another alpha, conflicts become unavoidable, and someone will "win"... i've noticed that more often then not, in tight knit social groups, the key is the local ENFP.

    i've even had some periods of being a loner, but they are usually transitional periods... only once did i ever feel "stuck in place", it wasn't a healthy state for me to be in.

    i'm type 4, or tritype 4w5-7w8-8w7
    Thanks Mane. I now realize I'm not good in the grey area either. Best to be the center or the outer wheel.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Similar Threads

  1. How do you cope with being unemployed/underemployed
    By Such Irony in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 11:27 PM
  2. [INTP] Does anyone feel this way? how do you cope with it?
    By think2much in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 04:37 AM
  3. [MBTItm] How do you cope with housework and daily life details?
    By Kate7 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 05:39 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs how do you cope with criticism?
    By CJ99 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 08:21 AM
  5. How do you cope with a change of plan?
    By Ezra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO