User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 27

  1. #11
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpersephonex View Post
    Well then why is that almost everything that I say warrants this blank stare? Does that mean almost everything I say is nonsense? Jeez thats a bit harsh...my parents always seem to get off the hook, though I doubt their religious mumbo jumbo is anything but nonsense to INTJ aswell.



  2. #12
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpersephonex View Post
    I tried elaborating several times, but he just continued to sit there in silence and look at me as if I was a complete moron with no brain.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    INFP 5w4 sp/sx
    5-4-1
    RLUEI
    Chaotic Neutral
    Darkworker
    Melancholic-Phlegmatic
    KWML: The Lover

  4. #14
    Senior Member The Outsider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    yeah, I think this can be true for Ni-doms in general. If I've gone someplace else in my head, I sometimes have people approach me, prodding, ''what's wrong?'' - they apparently interpret the distant, blank sort of expression with something negative, when it's typically neutral.
    It is, in fact, common to most humans in general.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpersephonex View Post
    Well then why is that almost everything that I say warrants this blank stare? Does that mean almost everything I say is nonsense? Jeez thats a bit harsh...my parents always seem to get off the hook, though I doubt their religious mumbo jumbo is anything but nonsense to INTJ aswell.
    My first guess was the same as Jock's: You may have said something he thought you should know better than to say (or think).

  6. #16
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpersephonex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've had strangers tell me before that they thought I hated them because of this, but I think that it's a common misunderstanding with INTJs. I think that our blank expression can either make people think that we're looking through them, or that we're looking at them like they are some kind of specimen to be studied, but this isn't normally intentional. It's really just a natural expression when we're lost in thought. It's more like, our eyes are looking at you, but our thoughts have retreated inwards.

    Sometimes we are just very detached and people get an incorrect impression.
    I think this is the reason.

    I don't know about other INTJs but if someone DOES say something really stupid, it's unlikely that I'll look at them like they are an idiot because that would be rude. It might bring a smile to my face however.

    I think 90% of face to face communication is body language and INTJs tend to throw people off. They are very easily misunderstood.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #17
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpersephonex View Post
    I tried elaborating several times, but he just continued to sit there in silence and look at me as if I was a complete moron with no brain.
    Maybe he's just a Jenna Marbles fan


    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0"]The Face[/YOUTUBE]
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  8. #18
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've had strangers tell me before that they thought I hated them because of this, but I think that it's a common misunderstanding with INTJs. I think that our blank expression can either make people think that we're looking through them, or that we're looking at them like they are some kind of specimen to be studied, but this isn't normally intentional. It's really just a natural expression when we're lost in thought. It's more like, our eyes are looking at you, but our thoughts have retreated inwards.

    Sometimes we are just very detached and people get an incorrect impression.
    I usually say - I'm listening to what you're saying - when I get protests. And I am listening, and likely thinking at the same time but not necessarily that they're a moron.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    868

    Default

    The blank stare is common when INTJs are thinking about what you're saying, it's just part of the package... personally I wouldn't read much into it. I knew an INTJ that everyone accused of being high all the time even though he's never done a drug in his life.

    It is also possible that something in the topic tripped his Fi or Ni - which he might hesitate to/be difficult to express. Dreams can be incredibly personal and dream theory brings potential for misunderstanding or looks of I've had two individuals with dom Ni tell me about some of their more fascinating dreams and their thoughts on them, but only after an incredible amount of trust had been established. They have a hard time expressing these functions - Ni/Fi - their heart of hearts. They are sensitive to the idea of (and rightly so, given much of their experience with most people) being misunderstood.

    I would add - you could start gaining his trust by being down with the blank stare.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    The blank stare is common when INTJs are thinking about what you're saying, it's just part of the package... personally I wouldn't read much into it. I knew an INTJ that everyone accused of being high all the time even though he's never done a drug in his life.

    It is also possible that something in the topic tripped his Fi or Ni - which he might hesitate to/be difficult to express. Dreams can be incredibly personal and dream theory brings potential for misunderstanding or looks of I've had two individuals with dom Ni tell me about some of their more fascinating dreams and their thoughts on them, but only after an incredible amount of trust had been established. They have a hard time expressing these functions - Ni/Fi - their heart of hearts. They are sensitive to the idea of (and rightly so, given much of their experience with most people) being misunderstood.

    I would add - you could start gaining his trust by being down with the blank stare.
    Thanks, I think you're right, I just freaked out for nothing as usual (oh, the joys of social anxiety...)
    INFP 5w4 sp/sx
    5-4-1
    RLUEI
    Chaotic Neutral
    Darkworker
    Melancholic-Phlegmatic
    KWML: The Lover

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Bloody INFPs and their capacity to turn INTJs into fuzzy hug addicts.
    By Cranky in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 12:57 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJs and their favorite word
    By run in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 02:51 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJs and Exercise Program?
    By INTJMom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and shaved heads...
    By The Ü™ in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:17 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJs and spelling
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO