User Tag List

First 123 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpersephonex View Post
    Well then why is that almost everything that I say warrants this blank stare? Does that mean almost everything I say is nonsense? Jeez thats a bit harsh...my parents always seem to get off the hook, though I doubt their religious mumbo jumbo is anything but nonsense to INTJ aswell.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I tried elaborating several times, but he just continued to sit there in silence and look at me as if I was a complete moron with no brain.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    INFP 5w4 sp/sx
    5-4-1
    RLUEI
    Chaotic Neutral
    Darkworker
    Melancholic-Phlegmatic
    KWML: The Lover

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    yeah, I think this can be true for Ni-doms in general. If I've gone someplace else in my head, I sometimes have people approach me, prodding, ''what's wrong?'' - they apparently interpret the distant, blank sort of expression with something negative, when it's typically neutral.
    It is, in fact, common to most humans in general.

Well then why is that almost everything that I say warrants this blank stare? Does that mean almost everything I say is nonsense? Jeez thats a bit harsh...my parents always seem to get off the hook, though I doubt their religious mumbo jumbo is anything but nonsense to INTJ aswell.
    My first guess was the same as Jock's: You may have said something he thought you should know better than to say (or think).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've had strangers tell me before that they thought I hated them because of this, but I think that it's a common misunderstanding with INTJs. I think that our blank expression can either make people think that we're looking through them, or that we're looking at them like they are some kind of specimen to be studied, but this isn't normally intentional. It's really just a natural expression when we're lost in thought. It's more like, our eyes are looking at you, but our thoughts have retreated inwards.

Sometimes we are just very detached and people get an incorrect impression.
    I think this is the reason.

I don't know about other INTJs but if someone DOES say something really stupid, it's unlikely that I'll look at them like they are an idiot because that would be rude. It might bring a smile to my face however.

I think 90% of face to face communication is body language and INTJs tend to throw people off. They are very easily misunderstood.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I tried elaborating several times, but he just continued to sit there in silence and look at me as if I was a complete moron with no brain.
    Maybe he's just a Jenna Marbles fan

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0"]The Face[/YOUTUBE]
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've had strangers tell me before that they thought I hated them because of this, but I think that it's a common misunderstanding with INTJs. I think that our blank expression can either make people think that we're looking through them, or that we're looking at them like they are some kind of specimen to be studied, but this isn't normally intentional. It's really just a natural expression when we're lost in thought. It's more like, our eyes are looking at you, but our thoughts have retreated inwards.

Sometimes we are just very detached and people get an incorrect impression.
    I usually say - I'm listening to what you're saying - when I get protests. And I am listening, and likely thinking at the same time but not necessarily that they're a moron.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

The blank stare is common when INTJs are thinking about what you're saying, it's just part of the package... personally I wouldn't read much into it. I knew an INTJ that everyone accused of being high all the time even though he's never done a drug in his life.

It is also possible that something in the topic tripped his Fi or Ni - which he might hesitate to/be difficult to express. Dreams can be incredibly personal and dream theory brings potential for misunderstanding or looks of I've had two individuals with dom Ni tell me about some of their more fascinating dreams and their thoughts on them, but only after an incredible amount of trust had been established. They have a hard time expressing these functions - Ni/Fi - their heart of hearts. They are sensitive to the idea of (and rightly so, given much of their experience with most people) being misunderstood.

I would add - you could start gaining his trust by being down with the blank stare.

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    The blank stare is common when INTJs are thinking about what you're saying, it's just part of the package... personally I wouldn't read much into it. I knew an INTJ that everyone accused of being high all the time even though he's never done a drug in his life.

It is also possible that something in the topic tripped his Fi or Ni - which he might hesitate to/be difficult to express. Dreams can be incredibly personal and dream theory brings potential for misunderstanding or looks of I've had two individuals with dom Ni tell me about some of their more fascinating dreams and their thoughts on them, but only after an incredible amount of trust had been established. They have a hard time expressing these functions - Ni/Fi - their heart of hearts. They are sensitive to the idea of (and rightly so, given much of their experience with most people) being misunderstood.

I would add - you could start gaining his trust by being down with the blank stare.
    Thanks, I think you're right, I just freaked out for nothing as usual (oh, the joys of social anxiety...)
    INFP 5w4 sp/sx
    5-4-1
    RLUEI
    Chaotic Neutral
    Darkworker
    Melancholic-Phlegmatic
    KWML: The Lover