• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, do you like babies?

How do you deal with babies?

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just curious.
Other types can answer and share their experiences as well.

''[...]dood you know this ain't type related don't you? besides[...]''
:dalek:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know if "like" is the word. I find them fun to watch for a bit, and they are a necessary stage in raising kids, but with my own kids, the older they got, the better things became. I liked the 3-6 years old stage better than the baby stage, because they become old enough to talk and not totally as dependent, and more remarkably you can see them learning something new each day. That's pretty amazing to see. And of course, then they become even older and eventually you can seen advanced reasoning and perception take hold and you start to catch more and more sight of the people they are becoming.

Kind of a long answer, but the deal is that the "baby" is the stage I preferred the least. It's all about total care, intense schedules (a three-hour sleep/play/eat cycle), etc.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not much. They can be momentarily cute, but otherwise are messy, noisy, demanding, and don't provide much substantive interaction.

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Babies are ugly and annoying. I don't see why anyone thinks they're cute.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I assume you're talking about baby humans?

I am completely resistant to their charms.

Usehername

On a mission
yus. although i've only rented rather than owned, and i'm sure they're easier to like when you're not stuck with the heavy responsibility of pure dependence (plus then you're sleep deprived, and everything is harder then).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never been comfortable around babies for some reason. Even as a little girl I didn't like baby dolls, and I've always avoided holding one. That probably sounds terrible, but it's true.

S

Society

the only way i can enjoy or even tolerate other people's kids is through the enjoyment of seen my boy when his with them... in general i am not a fan of other people's kids, not to mention other people's babies.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes but not until I had my own.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are pretty cute but they cry a lot and the poop stinks.

F

figsfiggyfigs

No, I hate kids/babies. My niece was a difficult specimen to love.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So much negativity on babies. Are we bad people? I thought everybody loved babies.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting results. Looks like it's kinda typical among NTs.
inb4 an INTX mentions there's not enough data

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually really like newborns and small babies. The older they get, the more they lose their appeal to me.

S

Society

Interesting results. Looks like it's kinda typical among NTs.
inb4 an INTX mentions there's not enough data
there needs to be a ''just my own" option...

i voted no because babies indicate plural and babies in plural hasn't happened to me yet so for me voting i like them would indicate liking other people's babies...

when its mine the answer is yes on all the options

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
there needs to be a ''just my own" option...

i voted no because babies indicate plural and babies in plural hasn't happened to me yet so for me voting i like them would indicate liking other people's babies...

when its mine the answer is yes on all the options
I see. I didn't antecipate that. Don't know if it's possible to add an extra option.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
NF here, but I used to dislike babies a lot when I was younger. Now, I find them pretty enjoyable because I can make goofy faces and just kinda troll them. It's fun to see how they'll react. :laugh:

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Has anyone made the cannibalism joke yet?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I like the cute, smiling variety of baby with their chubby legs and no teeth. Haha...so ridiculous looking! :laugh:

But I think I prefer kids and toddlers, though. Provided they're not completely spoiled and awful, lots of kids are pretty interesting to hang around. It's surprisingly fun.