User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you deal with babies?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like to press their cheecks

2 5.56%
  • I like to carry them

7 19.44%
  • I like to talk nonsense with them

9 25.00%
  • I like to talk with them in a cute voice

5 13.89%
  • I do noone of the above

23 63.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3456 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    is that to make them, eat them or nurse them?
    You make them, nurse them to fatten up, then eat them! It's like the height of cannibalism.

Hint: They are at their fattiest right at 9 months. Be sure to only give them breast milk and not introduce any solid foods if you're going to do this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

mmm that sounds that communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    You make them, nurse them to fatten up, then eat them! It's like the height of cannibalism.

Hint: They are at their fattiest right at 9 months. Be sure to only give them breast milk and not introduce any solid foods if you're going to do this.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    So much negativity on babies. Are we bad people? I thought everybody loved babies.
    I don't love them, but I do feel responsible for them. By that I mean if I had to take care of one, I would take the responsibility very seriously. I also consider it important for babies to get a good start in life, and support local charities that help young families in need. I don't have to personally love the babies or find them cute to do any of this, though.

Like some of the others here, I do enjoy older kids, though, ones I can talk with. I volunteer in schools (K-12), and am continually amazed by how bright and engaging kids can be, what great questions they ask, how eager some of them are to learn and experience new things. Much better than adults in this respect.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

I'm an NF and I love babies, human and animal alike!! They're cute and they don't talk back to me. Though I actually think I prefer puppies to babies. And I don't want to have more than 3 kids, ideally 2.

MBTI
    INTP

Children are adorable in small doses, but I like having the option of giving them back to their parents after awhile.

I recently acted as a sort of surrogate daddy to my nieces and nephews while their father was living in another state for about a year; it was a difficult and not altogether fun transition going from an indulgent but distant uncle to responsible parental figure, but now that they've moved (to Alaska!), I find that I miss the experience.

As for babies specifically, their constant state of need is intimidating to me, and while some are cute, most actually kinda look like bald old men to me. Cats are much cuter.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Yes, I like them..cute ones especially They're cuddly.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    IxFP

No.
    Except from my little sister

6w5(sw5w4) Sx/Sp
    INTP

"Some people never go crazy... What truly horrible lives they must lead"- Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't love them, but I do feel responsible for them. By that I mean if I had to take care of one, I would take the responsibility very seriously. I also consider it important for babies to get a good start in life...
    am continually amazed by how bright and engaging kids can be, what great questions they ask, how eager some of them are to learn and experience new things. Much better than adults in this respect.
    Yes
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't know if "like" is the word. I find them fun to watch for a bit, and they are a necessary stage in raising kids, but with my own kids, the older they got, the better things became. I liked the 3-6 years old stage better than the baby stage, because they become old enough to talk and not totally as dependent, and more remarkably you can see them learning something new each day. That's pretty amazing to see. And of course, then they become even older and eventually you can seen advanced reasoning and perception take hold and you start to catch more and more sight of the people they are becoming.

Kind of a long answer, but the deal is that the "baby" is the stage I preferred the least. It's all about total care, intense schedules (a three-hour sleep/play/eat cycle), etc.
    Exactly this. I like children but I find the baby stage the least interesting.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i like babies and i think they're precious, but they do scare me a little bit. especially holding them, i always think i'm going to break their neck or drop them on accident or something. babies in costumes are probably one of my favorite things. especially pizza baby.