User Tag List

123 Last

Society

Question ENTPs: when was your existential crisis?

ENTPs: how old where you when you had your [first] major existential crisis?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    ENTPs: how old where you when you had your [first] major existential crisis?
    I was around 19, living in Austin, pursuing a EE degree from UT. I was driving in the rain and the excursion ended in a horrible car accident; I couldn't even tell where I was bleeding from. While I was in the ambulance being transported to the hospital, I dreamed about things I'd never done; including my first kiss. I was living for my parents. I hated UT. I hated Austin. I hated EE.

That was the first day of the rest of my life. I re-examined the potential opportunities that lay before me and determined what really suited me best. I guess you could call it a difficult time, a turning point, that was a blessing in disguise.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I dont know. When I entered preschool?
    What is an existential crisis anyway. It seems like a very vague and dramatic movie-esk way to say 'reality check'. (which is itself a kind of flowery way to talk about the ebbs and flows of particular sub currents in any complex system. Yes I have a quite, hum, specific vision of what simplicity is)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Society

wow... hope you came out ok.

for me: 17 - my first crush and rejection lead to pretty much the first moment i had to deal with the fact i had an emotional side... at all really, which brought a lot of emo narcissism and disproportionate angst out of me, and then when i was 18, my father died, my sister and mother needed me, and for the firs time i was not the center of my world, the first time other people where more important to me then... well, me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

for me: 17 - my first crush and rejection lead to pretty much the first moment i had to deal with the fact i had an emotional side...
    @Mane : I was a pretty emotional child. Not an F mind you, I don't think anybody who knows me would even suspect an ounce of Fi on me. Though I d be interested in eventual opposing feedbacks. At least I double and triple checked my confirmation bias but ofc the observer and the observed are but one thing so there s only so much I can do. I think my F is pretty developped for an entp(not to confuse with being fluffy) (ush @Lexicon ). But so is my Ti and I dont base much decisions on Fe stuff. Well its obviously not as simple as that but I m not exactly planning to write my biography.
    As a teenager constant use of what some people call doublethink led me to a state akin to nihilism. Until I had to learn to do shit.
    Then a year ago I was kicked in the nuts quite violently. so i pretty much turned my life around. not that i expect to get a prize for it.
    thats what comes to mind at first (low resolution)glance
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

for me: 17 - my first crush and rejection lead to pretty much the first moment i had to deal with the fact i had an emotional side... at all really, which brought a lot of emo narcissism and disproportionate angst out of me, and then when i was 18, my father died, my sister and mother needed me, and for the firs time i was not the center of my world, the first time other people where more important to me then... well, me.
    should I assume you re going through another existential crisis?

... In theory.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    should I assume you re going through another existential crisis?
    interesting. why?

A window to the soul

I dont know. When I entered preschool?
    My preschool stories would probably make you cry.

What is an existential crisis anyway. It seems like a very vague and dramatic movie-esk way to say 'reality check'. (which is itself a kind of flowery way to talk about the ebbs and flows of particular sub currents in any complex system. Yes I have a quite, hum, specific vision of what simplicity is)
    Check it out, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existential_crisis.

I did! It was one of the best things that God allowed to happen to me; after I came out of the emotional period of "why did this happen to me," I seized the day. [It was initially a traumatizing experience.]

I transferred to Texas A&M University. I got accepted into their business school and went the Management Information Systems route. I had some of the best times of my life there.

or me: 17 - my first crush and rejection lead to pretty much the first moment i had to deal with the fact i had an emotional side... at all really, which brought a lot of emo narcissism and disproportionate angst out of me, and then when i was 18, my father died, my sister and mother needed me, and for the first time i was not the center of my world, the first time other people where more important to me then... well, me.
    Touching story. I can relate to some of it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

interesting. why?
    No reason. asking.
    you created the thread after all. so there s a possibility someone around you or yourself are subject to such a thing or considering the notion of dramatic change at least

... In theory.

Society

you created the thread after all.
    i created the thread because when i was reading this thread, i was just about going to tell her "no! crush him, let the boy bleed emotionally a little, it will eventually be good for him", but then i asked myself - "wait, is 16 too young for an existential crisis?" and then i was curious about when did other ENTPs had theirs... so here's the thread asking that question.

but if you are really bored or find me that fascinating feel free to research me and get an actual answer to your question