User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    JIxT

Strato: You really suckered that one.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    True connection does not come with strategy. Women do not want to be fully "understood".
    Where do you get that idea from?

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Where do you get that idea from?
    Did you ever read F Scott Fitzgerald? Thats where.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

heart on fire

Did you ever read F Scott Fitzgerald? Thats where.

So because an alcoholic with a high imagination married a dogging, flighty wife, all women are to be painted with the same broad brush?

MBTI
    JIxT

I find that it accurate in its portrayal. All my F friends hate when I psychoanalyze them. Especially the women. Mystery means something to them.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Mentioning that you do have F friends is going to hurt your cause, sriv, not support it. ;)
    Not really.

heart on fire

I find that it accurate in its portrayal. All my F friends hate when I psychoanalyze them. Especially the women. Mystery means something to them.
    Perhaps it is because you are missing the mark with them and making them feel misunderstood. People may want to be understood, but no one wants to be misunderstood. You may be misled by tertiary Fi into thinking that you understand when you do not.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by the_STRATOSPHERE View Post
    I guess, the problem is really how to develop more empathy. How to be a better human being. I don't want to spoil this beauty by asking so many questions...indeed I am fascinated by the beauty, so my first instinct is to shower with questions. I feel by doing this, it is somehow taking something away, it is objectifying her. I don't want to objectify her, or other people I may happen to care about. I want it to happen organically, somehow, but I don't know how to do that.
    I relate as I see patterns in people too. But, also, I try not to objectify. Since you don't want to do that, the best thing is to NOT ask questions but speak about yourself.. your ideas, opinions, history (be specific) and listen to how she responds. That will answer much for you and increase your empathy.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Mentioning that you do have F friends is going to hurt your cause, sriv, not support it.
    What cause? Give em the old blunt knife remark here and there. Life can be really exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Perhaps it is because you are missing the mark with them and making them feel misunderstood. People may want to be understood, but no one wants to be misunderstood. You may be misled by tertiary Fi into thinking that you understand when you do not.
    Probably. Who can actually understand emotion anyway?
    Damn, I started stereotyping again. I am talking about a specific kind of woman. Strato's gf might be one of them. Probably not.
    Sorry, misconception.

heart on fire

Probably. Who can actually understand emotion anyway?
    Feelers tend to.

Damn, I started stereotyping again. I am talking about a specific kind of woman. Strato's gf might be one of them. Probably not.
    Sorry, misconception.
    It is okay, it happens to the best of us now and then.