• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Attention to all NT

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then, I guess, you actually have 100 problems.

117514-stock-photo-weiss-freude-schwarz-tier-lachen-grau.jpg

Young Hova pities da fool.

Jay-Z-1.jpg

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
That
Beware the NT with right brain thinking... The possibilities are endless...
Wait, right brain is creativity and imagination and such,isn't it?
I'm a creative person. I live to be creative. Only when drawing, writing, working with clay or building strange contraptions showing physics laws, I feel truly alive. I only wish I could be alive more often.
I'va always thought that's Ne - imagination, concepts and ideas not staying in your head but bursting forth into reality - and if that's true, at least 25% of the NTs are right-brained like I am.

LucidLegend1984

MBTI Type
INTJ
That
Wait, right brain is creativity and imagination and such,isn't it?
I'm a creative person. I live to be creative. Only when drawing, writing, working with clay or building strange contraptions showing physics laws, I feel truly alive. I only wish I could be alive more often.
I'va always thought that's Ne - imagination, concepts and ideas not staying in your head but bursting forth into reality - and if that's true, at least 25% of the NTs are right-brained like I am.

Right brain thinking is creative thinking. NT personality is all logic.

Have you read my signature? Innovation is a very very broad term.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Right brain thinking is creative thinking. NT personality is all logic.
Have you read my signature? Innovation is a very very broad term.
Are you really saying that an "all logic" person can't be creative? Or that creativity requires logic be switched off?
That's not true, at least not to me. Logic places constraints on the creativity, but that isn't a disadvantage. On the contrary: the requirements and constraints provides a challenge. And creativity thrives on challenge.
I've written three fantasy books already. I'm finishing a fourth one, and I'm working on the plot of a science fiction story. If that isn't creative, I don't know what is.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm too lazy to rewrite my tl;dr on why not all NTs are logical thinkers, but that's my imho for you.

R

Riva

Logic is limited.

Yes I said it.

Logic is limited.

How?

To come to a correct conclusion based on logic one should have all the facts. If 99% facts are at hand but 1% is missing the whole conclusion could be wrong, due to that 1 missing data.

And even if one does have all the facts at hand, there is NO GUARANTEE that one would reach the correct conclusion based on logic, no matter how sound it is.

Logic is limited!

S

Society

by logically do you mean rationally? not quiet the same, but yes, i often i think rationally but act "less then rationally" by gambling on the improbable and taking big risks.

at it's core the source of this is an emotional condition: i have a lot of confidence in my ability to improvise, come up with new solutions, make the best of things, get up if i fall... so the risks don't always seem meaningful to me. sure, real life doesn't always backup that confidence, in fact right now i am in a state where my future seems very uncertain due to bad past decisions that have the unfortunate requirement of "waiting and moving on in life" as part of any viable solution i can see, but generally speaking the rate at which it has done so defies probability.

i don't think this sort of near-irrational optimism is uncommon for ENTPs.

W

WALMART

bump

4 how 2 not typology

(also for [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]'s nice post on why logic is inferior to experience)

R

Riva

bump4 how 2 not typology(also for [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]'s nice post on why logic is inferior to experience)
Rereading my post; it seems that I complained deductive logic to be of not much use; unless one is doing a scientific experiment or some sort of a research where one probably has all the facts at hand. Sherlock holmes - atleast his intp moments - and ixtps wouldn't approve.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx