• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Attention to all NT

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is there any NT didn't have logic thinking?
Everybody thinks illogically at some point, and everybody thinks logically at some point, regardless of type.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everybody thinks illogically at some point, and everybody thinks logically at some point, regardless of type.

True, though the predilection for a sheer preponderance of logic by proportion is pathognomonic for NT.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With the aspiring alliteration merely icing on the cake . . .

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
True, though the predilection for a sheer preponderance of logic by proportion is pathognomonic for NT.
Nice SAT words! :nice:

My first instinct is to say yes, in theory, though not necessarily in practice. But on the other hand, maybe we should define "logic"? Because even the most illogical NTs I know, are convinced that they think logically 99% (or 100%) of the time. So in that case, to answer the OP, NTs generally claim to think logically (and in many cases, more logically than the average person), but whether they actually do or not depends on the NT.

Last edited:

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The SAT is (quite thankfully,) an exam I never suffered through. I do however agree with the rest of your statement. As with most data outliers are an inevitability, though confounders may be more likely.

Permabanned
Nice SAT words! :nice:

My first instinct is to say yes, in theory, though not necessarily in practice. But on the other hand, maybe we should define "logic"? Because even the most illogical NTs I know, are convinced that they think logically 99% (or 100%) of the time. So in that case, to answer the OP, every NT claims to think logically (and in many cases, more logically than the average person), but whether they actually do or not depends on the NT.

:dry:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Who doesn't just jump to conclusions, assume false things or react irrationally?
The really nasty thing with NTs (at least with me), is that I'm trying to cover it up, especially to myself! Trying to find a logical sounding explanation for an irrational decision, thereby upping the ante instead of just accepting the loss when it isn't a question of "your're being irrational" yet...
Most recent case. Hubby asks "would your parents be okay if we arrive earlier than planned?" I was writing and I was REALLY immersed in the story, that's why I didn't answer. He was miffed because he wanted an answer, even if it was the honest "I don't know". Cue to a half hour discussion about why it would be logical to assume that "would your parents be okay..." was not a question directed at me!!
Argh, if I just had asked what time it was, or telling that I didn't know, I would have had half an hour more to write! :( Or just saying sorry when he called me out on it and then answering the question, instead of trying to explain my behavior. I'm so angry with myself.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright. I've had enough of all the apologetic nay-saying in this thread. Fuck it, yall.

You're 100% correct, [MENTION=15150]Trunks[/MENTION]. NTs have ALL THE LOGICS. ALL OF THEMMMMSSSSS

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

godzilla_1956.jpg

F

figsfiggyfigs

Alright. I've had enough of all the apologetic nay-saying in this thread. Fuck it, yall.

You're 100% correct, [MENTION=15150]Trunks[/MENTION]. NTs have ALL THE LOGICS. ALL OF THEMMMMSSSSS

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

godzilla_1956.jpg
I've got 99 problems, and logic ain't one.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In fact, we NTs hold a monopoly on logical thinking. The other types use a pseudo-logic that is either compromised by feelings or an overall lack of ability to systematize.