User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Attention to all NT

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLegend1984 View Post
    Right brain thinking is creative thinking. NT personality is all logic.
    Have you read my signature? Innovation is a very very broad term.
    Are you really saying that an "all logic" person can't be creative? Or that creativity requires logic be switched off?
    That's not true, at least not to me. Logic places constraints on the creativity, but that isn't a disadvantage. On the contrary: the requirements and constraints provides a challenge. And creativity thrives on challenge.
    I've written three fantasy books already. I'm finishing a fourth one, and I'm working on the plot of a science fiction story. If that isn't creative, I don't know what is.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

I'm too lazy to rewrite my tl;dr on why not all NTs are logical thinkers, but that's my imho for you.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

Default Logic is limited.

Yes I said it.

Logic is limited.

To come to a correct conclusion based on logic one should have all the facts. If 99% facts are at hand but 1% is missing the whole conclusion could be wrong, due to that 1 missing data.

And even if one does have all the facts at hand, there is NO GUARANTEE that one would reach the correct conclusion based on logic, no matter how sound it is.

Logic is limited!

I shall convert to NF tomfoolery at once!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I shall convert to NF tomfoolery at once!
    I don't get it.

by logically do you mean rationally? not quiet the same, but yes, i often i think rationally but act "less then rationally" by gambling on the improbable and taking big risks.

at it's core the source of this is an emotional condition: i have a lot of confidence in my ability to improvise, come up with new solutions, make the best of things, get up if i fall... so the risks don't always seem meaningful to me. sure, real life doesn't always backup that confidence, in fact right now i am in a state where my future seems very uncertain due to bad past decisions that have the unfortunate requirement of "waiting and moving on in life" as part of any viable solution i can see, but generally speaking the rate at which it has done so defies probability.

i don't think this sort of near-irrational optimism is uncommon for ENTPs.

4 how 2 not typology

(also for @Riva's nice post on why logic is inferior to experience)

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    bump4 how 2 not typology(also for @Riva's nice post on why logic is inferior to experience)
    Rereading my post; it seems that I complained deductive logic to be of not much use; unless one is doing a scientific experiment or some sort of a research where one probably has all the facts at hand. Sherlock holmes - atleast his intp moments - and ixtps wouldn't approve.

trapped in zoobilee zoo Array Osprey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    With the aspiring alliteration merely icing on the cake . . .
    Was the cake manufactured by a clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous junk?
    Free me from Zoobilee Zoo...

Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Was the cake manufactured by a clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous junk?
    No, just a Cook.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere