User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucidLegend1984 View Post
    Right brain thinking is creative thinking. NT personality is all logic.
    Have you read my signature? Innovation is a very very broad term.
    Are you really saying that an "all logic" person can't be creative? Or that creativity requires logic be switched off?
    That's not true, at least not to me. Logic places constraints on the creativity, but that isn't a disadvantage. On the contrary: the requirements and constraints provides a challenge. And creativity thrives on challenge.
    I've written three fantasy books already. I'm finishing a fourth one, and I'm working on the plot of a science fiction story. If that isn't creative, I don't know what is.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  2. #32
    XES 5231311252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    450

    Default

    I'm too lazy to rewrite my tl;dr on why not all NTs are logical thinkers, but that's my imho for you.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

  3. #33
    Riva
    Guest

    Default Logic is limited.

    Yes I said it.

    Logic is limited.

    How?

    To come to a correct conclusion based on logic one should have all the facts. If 99% facts are at hand but 1% is missing the whole conclusion could be wrong, due to that 1 missing data.

    And even if one does have all the facts at hand, there is NO GUARANTEE that one would reach the correct conclusion based on logic, no matter how sound it is.

    Logic is limited!

  4. #34
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    I shall convert to NF tomfoolery at once!

  5. #35
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I shall convert to NF tomfoolery at once!
    I don't get it.

  6. #36
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    by logically do you mean rationally? not quiet the same, but yes, i often i think rationally but act "less then rationally" by gambling on the improbable and taking big risks.

    at it's core the source of this is an emotional condition: i have a lot of confidence in my ability to improvise, come up with new solutions, make the best of things, get up if i fall... so the risks don't always seem meaningful to me. sure, real life doesn't always backup that confidence, in fact right now i am in a state where my future seems very uncertain due to bad past decisions that have the unfortunate requirement of "waiting and moving on in life" as part of any viable solution i can see, but generally speaking the rate at which it has done so defies probability.

    i don't think this sort of near-irrational optimism is uncommon for ENTPs.

  7. #37
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    bump

    4 how 2 not typology

    (also for @Riva's nice post on why logic is inferior to experience)

  8. #38
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    bump4 how 2 not typology(also for @Riva's nice post on why logic is inferior to experience)
    Rereading my post; it seems that I complained deductive logic to be of not much use; unless one is doing a scientific experiment or some sort of a research where one probably has all the facts at hand. Sherlock holmes - atleast his intp moments - and ixtps wouldn't approve.

  9. #39
    Theta Male Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    9,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    With the aspiring alliteration merely icing on the cake . . .
    Was the cake manufactured by a clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous junk?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11


    This is not going to go the way you think....

    Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

  10. #40
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Was the cake manufactured by a clinking, clanking, clattering collection of caliginous junk?
    No, just a Cook.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTPs (and other NTs): Do you pay attention to your physical appearance and health?
    By annnie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 07:07 PM
  2. [NT] to all you wannabe NTs, all I've gotto say is-
    By Riva in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 03:38 PM
  3. [MBTItm] My husband tested ISFP but seems to be NT sometimes
    By BookLady in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 06:42 AM
  4. New guy here. Hello to all!
    By sandman74 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO