123 Last

Thread: INTP Women

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default INTP Women

Apparently I am one of you. Does this mean I'll never find love now being a cold, damp fish? Also, tell me a bit more about myself. Do people generally like me? Or are people nice to me out of fear? Or better yet, because they have ulterior motives to steal my model ships and unfinished thesis on the big bang theory??
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INTP

I had a conversation with an INTP woman of comparable age to me once. It was weird.

Hope that helps.

Good choice of username, by the way.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Thought you were an INFP? What happened to change your mind?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Apparently I am one of you. Does this mean I'll never find love now being a cold, damp fish? Also, tell me a bit more about myself. Do people generally like me? Or are people nice to me out of fear? Or better yet, because they have ulterior motives to steal my model ships and unfinished thesis on the big bang theory??
    Were you a cold fish when you thought you were INFP? Did people like you then? You're the same person. *is confused*

Yes, people fear/are intimidated by me at times. Half the time I freakin' love this, and half the time, I'm frustrated by it. COMPLEXITY! Yes, it's harder to find someone you're compatible with, as an INTP woman. But again, if you didn't have trouble before, as a self-diagnosed INFP, things shouldn't change now because your letters did.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I used to know an INTP girl. We got on pretty well. We found each other funnier than most people found us. She really didn't get involved in relationships so much, but not because she couldn't (she was intelligent, funny, and quite pretty), but because she didn't want to.

I guess it depends what people are looking for in a partner. If someone was someone bubbly or brainless, yeah, maybe that ain't you. But a lot of folks are also going to be into people more like you. Probably gonna be a similar story for any type. Just like that girl I know, it probably comes down to if you actually want to be a "damp fish" or not.

As an INTP guy, I'd say some people like me, a lot of people don't really get me, nobody fears me. I guess some guys are intimidated by certain kinds of women, but other than that I'd guess it'd be the same for anyone.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Thought you were an INFP? What happened to change your mind?
    Well my friends made me retake the test on different sites after having an epiphany that I must be a T, rather than an F. Tests all say INTP. I argue extensively that I am not an INTP, I just function like one and am actually an INFP and this is alll nonsense.

After some deep critical thought I realize that I must be an INTP. May I present the following evidence:

-I am distant and cold when meeting people
    -I analyze the fuck out of everything and force it into my own bizarre logical frameworks
    -If something doesn't fit into my framework I can't accept it and my world is thrown upside down
    -I make my decisions based on what makes the most sense (weigh pros and cons)
    -I feel deeply uncomfortable with decisions based on feeling
    -I in general feel uncomfortable with my feelings and other peoples feelings
    -I am rather critical of feeling types and am often emasculating men around me if they fall in such a category
    -I am hardly ever attracted to any men around me, and when I am it is because they have deft and pitiless logic or are very efficient
    -I have very little tolerance for incompetence; in fact I loathe stupid people
    -I feel incomplete and distraught when I am around stupid people
    -I can't have blind faith in anything; must have logical validity or some sort of evidentiary support
    -All my best girlfriends are NTs

I don't know how many INFPs share these traits.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Well my friends made me retake the test on different sites after having an epiphany that I must be a T, rather than an F. Tests all say INTP. I argue extensively that I am not an INTP, I just function like one and am actually an INFP and this is alll nonsense.

After some deep critical thought I realize that I must be an INTP. May I present the following evidence:

-I am distant and cold when meeting people
    -I analyze the fuck out of everything and force it into my own bizarre logical frameworks
    -If something doesn't fit into my framework I can't accept it and my world is thrown upside down
    -I make my decisions based on what makes the most sense (weigh pros and cons)
    -I feel deeply uncomfortable with decisions based on feeling
    -I in general feel uncomfortable with my feelings and other peoples feelings
    -I am rather critical of feeling types and am often emasculating men around me if they fall in such a category
    -I am hardly ever attracted to any men around me, and when I am it is because they have deft and pitiless logic or are very efficient
    -I have very little tolerance for incompetence; in fact I loathe stupid people
    -I feel incomplete and distraught when I am around stupid people
    -I can't have blind faith in anything; must have logical validity or some sort of evidentiary support
    -All my best girlfriends are NTs

I don't know how many INFPs share these traits.
    All that's pretty textbook INTP, IMO. Why might you still be holding onto the INFP label? What in the INFP description appeals to you or resonates with you? Is it because you perceive Ts as cold and don't want to be perceived as cold?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Were you a cold fish when you thought you were INFP? Did people like you then? You're the same person. *is confused*

Yes, people fear/are intimidated by me at times. Half the time I freakin' love this, and half the time, I'm frustrated by it. COMPLEXITY! Yes, it's harder to find someone you're compatible with, as an INTP woman. But again, if you didn't have trouble before, as a self-diagnosed INFP, things shouldn't change now because your letters did.
    I've always had difficulty finding a partner, although when I was younger I was a lot less critical of potential partners and more willing to explore their souls. Now it's an accomplishment to make it past a 2nd date. I regularly reject men all the time and for no good reason really. They're all great, but I find deficiencies. I really need someone who can challenge my thoughts and keep me on my toes. Apparently that's hard as hell to find.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    9, 5
    Socionics
    INTj

INTP women are complex. And competent. From what I've seen, men stay intrigued because they can't figure the INTP out.
    What is normal to one, is incomprehensible to another.

ALL anger in this world stems from a lack of control.

All of reality bows to the illusion of life and death.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    All that's pretty textbook INTP, IMO. Why might you still be holding onto the INFP label? What in the INFP description appeals to you or resonates with you? Is it because you perceive Ts as cold and don't want to be perceived as cold?
    It's a combination of things.

1. I am very creative. I am a talented writer and am able to express myself very deeply and poetically at times in my writing. To me I always saw this as an INFP thing. Also, I'm very very into fashion and expressing my individuality. I've worked as a fashion stylist and freelance write, however I am a law student now.
    2. I'm really into strange idealistic stuff like chasing dreams, self improvement, such as Tony Robbins programs, meditation, energy reading, astrology, tarot cards, etc...
    3. I do have a very very strong emotional charge and have often believed myself to be bipolar, although my doctor continually diagnoses me as not.
    4. I have strong values that I hold very closes and they empower me more than anything, like being kind to others, and equal rights and opportunities for all.
    5. I'm just silly and strange and loving, although I reveal this to very very few.

The very first time I did Myers Briggs I tested INTP and didn't feel it fit too well. After I started getting INFP I was like zOMG this is me!

Is it possible I changed? Can types change? Or have I always been an INTP in denial because I never saw myself as some sort of mad scientist/logician type??