User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 54

Thread: INTP Women

  1. #41
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    I don't know what your funny bone has to do with all of this, but it's quite narcissistic of you to bring it up. You asked some questions and I answered them, if you only want certain answers then you should start stating that in your posts.
    Oh noes you didn't! And if you're not going to answer a question thoughtfully then you should at least be funny. Rule #1 of the interwebz.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

  2. #42
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Well my friends made me retake the test on different sites after having an epiphany that I must be a T, rather than an F. Tests all say INTP. I argue extensively that I am not an INTP, I just function like one and am actually an INFP and this is alll nonsense.

    After some deep critical thought I realize that I must be an INTP. May I present the following evidence:

    -I am distant and cold when meeting people
    -I analyze the fuck out of everything and force it into my own bizarre logical frameworks
    -If something doesn't fit into my framework I can't accept it and my world is thrown upside down
    -I make my decisions based on what makes the most sense (weigh pros and cons)
    -I feel deeply uncomfortable with decisions based on feeling
    -I in general feel uncomfortable with my feelings and other peoples feelings
    -I am rather critical of feeling types and am often emasculating men around me if they fall in such a category
    -I am hardly ever attracted to any men around me, and when I am it is because they have deft and pitiless logic or are very efficient
    -I have very little tolerance for incompetence; in fact I loathe stupid people
    -I feel incomplete and distraught when I am around stupid people
    -I can't have blind faith in anything; must have logical validity or some sort of evidentiary support
    -All my best girlfriends are NTs

    I don't know how many INFPs share these traits.
    So how do you know you're not ENTP?

    Your real life experiments probably would've been carried out in a theoretical mind laboratory by an INTP. I know I'm over-generalizing a bit though.

  3. #43
    I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    1,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    So how do you know you're not ENTP?

    Your real life experiments probably would've been carried out in a theoretical mind laboratory by an INTP. I know I'm over-generalizing a bit though.
    I'm definitely introverted. I get very drained from socializing and sometimes wish that I could remove it from the human equation.

    Since you follow my bloggy-wog, would you say I come off as more of an INTP or INFP JAVO?
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

  4. #44
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I'm definitely introverted. I get very drained from socializing and sometimes wish that I could remove it from the human equation.
    That doesnt make you not entp, cause I share that feeling and many other entps do as well.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #45
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I'm definitely introverted. I get very drained from socializing and sometimes wish that I could remove it from the human equation.

    Since you follow my bloggy-wog, would you say I come off as more of an INTP or INFP JAVO?
    I tend to accept people's self-reported type online at face value because I don't know anything other than what they present online, which could and often differs from their actual self. If you hadn't labeled yourself as INFP, I would have guessed xNTP from your blog thread alone. For example, this post from page one doesn't exactly emanate warm NF fuzzies.

    For awhile I wanted to be a dog in my next life, but then I decided it was foolish to attempt this mammalian crap again, so I decided I'd be an amphibian of sorts (breathing through moist, glandular skin sounds spectacular). However, in yet another change of heart, I no long wish to belong to the animal kingdom.

    I think I shall be a tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That doesnt make you not entp, cause I share that feeling and many other entps do as well.
    Very true. I resemble that mistake.

  6. #46
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    If you hadn't labeled yourself as INFP, I would have guessed xNTP from your blog thread alone. For example, this post from page one doesn't exactly emanate warm NF fuzzies.
    I think that post sounds more typically N (based on the closing snippet) rather than hinging on T or F... so it's kind of hard to tell which way it goes. There are strong INTPs and strong INFPs, where the T vs F leaning is more extreme; but then you get the INPs that seem to drift more along the N route rather than focusing primarily on their primary...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #47
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think that post sounds more typically N (based on the closing snippet) rather than hinging on T or F... so it's kind of hard to tell which way it goes. There are strong INTPs and strong INFPs, where the T vs F leaning is more extreme; but then you get the INPs that seem to drift more along the N route rather than focusing primarily on their primary...
    I'm still calling T based on my overanalysis and what I perceive to be an overall detached, objective tone.

  8. #48
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    I'm still calling T based on my overanalysis and what I perceive to be an overall detached, objective tone.
    I leaned more the other way. Oh well.
    ...Typing is SOOO subjective. And overanalyzed, like you said.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #49
    right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Apparently I am one of you. Does this mean I'll never find love now being a cold, damp fish? Also, tell me a bit more about myself. Do people generally like me? Or are people nice to me out of fear? Or better yet, because they have ulterior motives to steal my model ships and unfinished thesis on the big bang theory??
    I only have a single data point, namely myself. However, I've never had trouble with people not liking me after I got through the horrible adolescent Social Skills Vacuum. (This continues to perplex me, as I'm inclined to think I'm not very likable, but the evidence is against my self-image on this one.) Rather the reverse - I more often have difficulty with other people finding me attractive when I wish they wouldn't. This said, I do mix in a geeky, strongly T-biased crowd, which may well predispose towards finding hard edges and a certain level of detachment and nerdy humour attractive rather than frightening! I'm not disinterested in relationships and suchlikes, but I rarely find myself strongly attracted to people.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

    I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

  10. #50
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I leaned more the other way. Oh well.
    ...Typing is SOOO subjective. And overanalyzed, like you said.
    True. It would be interesting to hear what NFs think about the quote. And, I hope Thessaly doesn't mind all of the overanalysis of her type and the quote.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Attention INTP women
    By Jonathanthegreat in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 199
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 10:29 PM
  2. [INTP] Questions for INTP Women
    By Redbud in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 04:13 PM
  3. [INTP] INTP Women and Being Romantic
    By Hera in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
  4. [INTP] INTP Women
    By Cerridwen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
  5. [INTP] INTP Women!
    By mbeerti in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 10:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO