User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    intp

Default Is it possible to change attuide/mindset?

Is it possible to change someone's view or mindset?

In my eyes everything I think is "right" but it's very cynical. I have horrible views in the world and I can't see myself changing no matter what anyone says.

I just don't get why people don't see what I see, from my experience and how people are it's pretty obivious what their action is.

Yes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post

In my eyes everything I think is "right" but it's very cynical. I have horrible views in the world and I can't see myself changing no matter what anyone says.

I just don't get why people don't see what I see, from my experience and how people are it's pretty obivious what their action is.
    Because if this. How would anyone else be able to see what you see or have the exact same experience you have? You are the only person who can change your attitude. It won't happen when you make friends, find a girlfriend..get over your depression..etc. From reading your other post, your issues are just like driving in a circle. You don't want to change so you will just continue bitching, getting defensive, continue the same behavior.....repeat.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

The change has to come from personal realization, other people can help you realize something, but they cant make the change in you
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

Of course it is. It happens all the time, after all. When it comes to the most cherished beliefs, though, it's significantly more difficult to knock them out of someone.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think optimism and pessimism are meant to be set, like your happiness baseline or hardwired into the brain. If that's the same as what's being discussed.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not easily but yes.

Depends on receptive the other is to change and how good your persuasive skills are.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Almost anything about your attitudes can be changed, given a sufficient reason for change. Trauma can cause this to happen.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Because if this. How would anyone else be able to see what you see or have the exact same experience you have? You are the only person who can change your attitude. It won't happen when you make friends, find a girlfriend..get over your depression..etc. From reading your other post, your issues are just like driving in a circle. You don't want to change so you will just continue bitching, getting defensive, continue the same behavior.....repeat.
    My mind is going on cycle.. going around and around. It's not that I don't want to change, I just think I can't change.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    The change has to come from personal realization, other people can help you realize something, but they cant make the change in you
    I do realize my "flaws" but I don't think I can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think optimism and pessimism are meant to be set, like your happiness baseline or hardwired into the brain. If that's the same as what's being discussed.
    This is exactly what I meant. Just like personality type I think attuide is hardwired, how I view things can't be changed. I will always be pessimistic and negative all the time. So if I believe it can't be changed why even try? I don't see the point of keep going and trying to get "help" anymore. This is what I am and it doesn't matter if I like it or not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

For some reason it doesn't occur to everyone that externalities have a lot to do with how they are functioning mentaly. You can get yourself in better place, or at the very least a new place by changing your environment, by adding more experience, by providing yourself with things that you need: sleep, food, companionship, etc. Sometimes, it's beneficial just to do *anything* to overcome your inertia and stop treading the same path.