User Tag List

First 12

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    This is exactly what I meant. Just like personality type I think attuide is hardwired, how I view things can't be changed. I will always be pessimistic and negative all the time. So if I believe it can't be changed why even try? I don't see the point of keep going and trying to get "help" anymore. This is what I am and it doesn't matter if I like it or not.
    What evidence is there that 'type' is hardwired? why would pessimism/optimism be? Why would the functions of the most maliable organ in the universe (that we know of) be set in stone? It makes no logical or evolutionalry sense to me.
    And why would you choose to believe it? Because it ratifies your preconceptions of what is possible?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

This is exactly what I meant. Just like personality type I think attuide is hardwired, how I view things can't be changed. I will always be pessimistic and negative all the time. So if I believe it can't be changed why even try? I don't see the point of keep going and trying to get "help" anymore. This is what I am and it doesn't matter if I like it or not.
    Attitude isn't hardwired, just like personality, no matter the type can grow, the less dominant functions can be improved. It would be one thing if you had actually attempted to make changes and get help but you haven't. You just make these threads.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned

People don't see the world you see because the world you see isn't the same world that I see. And really, why should it be? That would make the world a whole lot more boring, and the way I see it, the world doesn't really need help in that area.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Its hard wired yeah but its also like eye colour, height, weight, there's ways of changing those in some ways, like contact lenses, built up shoes, diet, perhaps its not a complete change but its still a change.

Also even if your personality is fixed you can learn ways of coping with that without complete transformation, insight is valuable but its not sufficient to say, this is me, its how I am. It needs to go as far as appreciating how this disadvantages or advantages you etc.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Its hard wired yeah but its also like eye colour, height, weight, there's ways of changing those in some ways, like contact lenses, built up shoes, diet, perhaps its not a complete change but its still a change.

Also even if your personality is fixed you can learn ways of coping with that without complete transformation, insight is valuable but its not sufficient to say, this is me, its how I am. It needs to go as far as appreciating how this disadvantages or advantages you etc.
    Show me the evidence and I'll believe it.