• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's and Self Improvement.

CashmanGreen

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
All the time i am observing my own behavior as well as the behaviors of others. I try to pick things out that i like or dont like and implement them effectively in my own skillset. I want others to share self improvement ideas, tactics, and sources. Ill start.

48 Laws of Power - http://www2.tech.purdue.edu/cg/courses/cgt411/covey/48_laws_of_power.htm

Venusian Arts -The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women into Bed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At a quick glance it appears to be cheesy but just a wonderful book for nt's

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie - How to Win Friends and Influence People - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This book by far is the single most important thing i have ever read, and it dramitically changed my life and helped me understand others, myself, and just good people handling skills, every entp and estp wants to know these things as it helps immensly with satisfyling our hidden agenda.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
hidden agenda?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Self-improvement is apparently a relative term.

R

Riva

Be Yourself???

No one remains set do they? Everyone changes overtime. Especially the clever ones who learn from others and try to eradicate the mistakes they see in themselves. This is why the phrase 'Be yourself' is meaningless and in soooo many ways stupid :).

Anyway at the OP, don't read Mystery's crap advice. They are sickeningly stupid. Urgh! And what kind of an stupid dumb ass would name himself Mystery? That's just lame. And there is nothing mysterious about him other than how he manages to be so skinny :laugh:. And his advice are disgustingly unfruitful. To share my thoughts on romance/seduction, the best advice I've read are by Zan Perrion. No tricks and brutally honest :).

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
And this is gold.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm pretty into self-improvement. Right now on my whiteboard in my bedroom, it says:

Steps toward
Self Improvement

7 minutes vigorous strength training
1 hour play music
1 hour fresh air

Every day.

CashmanGreen

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No one remains set do they? Everyone changes overtime. Especially the clever ones who learn from others and try to eradicate the mistakes they see in themselves. This is why the phrase 'Be yourself' is meaningless and in soooo many ways stupid :).

Anyway at the OP, don't read Mystery's crap advice. They are sickeningly stupid. Urgh! And what kind of an stupid dumb ass would name himself Mystery? That's just lame. And there is nothing mysterious about him other than how he manages to be so skinny :laugh:. And his advice are disgustingly unfruitful. To share my thoughts on romance/seduction, the best advice I've read are by Zan Perrion. No tricks and brutally honest :).

And this is gold.

I immediatly looked up Zan, and he is a good ladies man and a good communicator. I like mystery because he gets very technical and he applies a healthy amount of evolutionary psychology. and he might be an entp because it was a extremely good read.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
All the time i am observing my own behavior as well as the behaviors of others. I try to pick things out that i like or dont like and implement them effectively in my own skillset. I want others to share self improvement ideas, tactics, and sources. Ill start.

48 Laws of Power - http://www2.tech.purdue.edu/cg/courses/cgt411/covey/48_laws_of_power.htm

Reading some of the rules this enjoins suggests to me that it is parody. If it isn't, that people would try to apply such rules to their life saddens me. It will probably sadden them, too, when they're shunned by their peers for being utter tossers.

CashmanGreen;1788162Venusian Arts -[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mystery_Method:_How_to_Get_Beautiful_Women_into_Bed" said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mystery_Method:_How_to_Get_Beautiful_Women_into_Bed[/URL]
At a quick glance it appears to be cheesy but just a wonderful book for nt's

Anyone who even entertains the idea of reading this book is a pathetic, odious little man indeed.

CashmanGreen;1788162How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie - [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People" said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People[/URL]
This book by far is the single most important thing i have ever read, and it dramitically changed my life and helped me understand others, myself, and just good people handling skills, every entp and estp wants to know these things as it helps immensly with satisfyling our hidden agenda.

I don't much care about making friends. I don't much care about influencing people, either. If these are your life's aims, you haven't a life at all.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Reading some of the rules this enjoins suggests to me that it is parody. If it isn't, that people would try to apply such rules to their life saddens me. It will probably sadden them, too, when they're shunned by their peers for being utter tossers.

Anyone who even entertains the idea of reading this book is a pathetic, odious little man indeed.

I don't much care about making friends. I don't much care about influencing people, either. If these are your life's aims, you haven't a life at all.

At least you've found a way to feel superior.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
At least you've found a way to feel superior.

It's comments like this that are utterly baffling. Where did I indicate that I have used my criticism to bolster my own supposed sense of superiority? I simply criticised something-something very deserving of criticism-and no more.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
It's comments like this that are utterly baffling. Where did I indicate that I have used my criticism to bolster my own supposed sense of superiority? I simply criticised something-something very deserving of criticism-and no more.

Maybe you are superior. It's a possibility.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I immediatly looked up Zan, and he is a good ladies man and a good communicator. I like mystery because he gets very technical and he applies a healthy amount of evolutionary psychology. and he might be an entp because it was a extremely good read.

Isn't it great how we can give anything credibility by making up an explanation that supposedly involves evolutionary psychology?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe so. Perhaps you are too. What isn't in doubt is that your response doesn't relate to anything I've said.

It related to a statement made about you, however.
but no matter. This thread is gasping for air as I type this...

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

You said something you did as if it were the correct thing to do and then immediately criticized people who did other things. You didn't criticize the thing, you criticized the people. That's heavily implying that you feel like you are superior to the others.

"I don't much care about making friends. I don't much care about influencing people, either. If these are your life's aims, you haven't a life at all."

That is a statement that puts yourself above people who disagree with you.

PS: I have a tendency to completely derail threads. I should work on that. ((self-improvement!))

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Have read this 4 or 5 times. Best thing I've read. It is a lot easier to read and understand it than it is to do those things however.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
It related to a statement made about you, however.
but no matter. This thread is gasping for air as I type this...

It's in response to a statement made by me, but does not relate to it beyond that.

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
You said something you did as if it were the correct thing to do and then immediately criticized people who did other things. You didn't criticize the thing, you criticized the people. That's heavily implying that you feel like you are superior to the others.

In this case the criticism of the ideas expressed in the OP will inevitably lead to the criticism of those who live by those ideas.

"I don't much care about making friends. I don't much care about influencing people, either. If these are your life's aims, you haven't a life at all."

That is a statement that puts yourself above people who disagree with you.

If it does, it is an unintended consequence and does not constitute the purpose of my response, as seemed to be your accusation.