• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ manipulation vs ENTP manipulation

Who is better at manipulating

• INTJ

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • ENTP

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What is the difference? How does it feel like to be manipulated by an INTJ?
How is different from ENTP manipulation?

redacted

With INTJs, you don't notice until after. With ENTPs, you notice and let yourself get played anyway.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
With INTJs, you don't notice until after. With ENTPs, you notice and let yourself get played anyway.

Actually, this might be true. I think ENTPs are just really good at convincing people to do shit. Not sure about INTJs.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
From what I know, ENTPs use their Ne and Ti to pressure their idea because they can be so impatient. Almost mercilessly, they seek advantageous odds and with their Fe, explicitly express and charm a person to get what they want before they process what they can do with all that information.

INTJs manipulate with facts and their Te allow their ideas to be organised. In the external world where people are more receptive to classifications, an ENTP has the upper hand to see from all angles. But if you ever wondered why an INTJ unloads more information than an ENTP, it's because INTJs engage with facts based on whether it's worth their time.. and it usually comes from their own place of rectitude.

Brian2626

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs are better strategist, so they could probably put a plan in motion to manipulate their environment and everyone in it,and you would realize it until after they got what they wanted.
However
ENTPs without a doubt are the best manipulators, the Fe really helps in charming people into doing what you want. As an ENTP I would say I manipulate from a general idea of what I want but I like to keep my options open.
My INTJ friend is really good at manipulating people though

R

Riva

+ 548679363464646787788

No truer words on MBTI were ever spoken! (atleast when it comes to comparisons between types). I've noticed that you are good at comparing between types. Must be an INFJ thingy.

And of INTJs it is usually (most of the times) only if they let you know that you'll notice. They might let you know when they (the INTJ) believe you would realize (understand) why it was done.

ENTPs are the most convincing of all types. ENTPs are more convincing than manipulative. But convincing is a form of manipulation. So in a way they are the best. (ENTPs depends on convincing to manipulate.)

But if one considers manipulation without convincing INTJs are ahead. They are quite good at convincing too. But INTJs depend on cold hard logic to convince you. So it takes a bit of time. ENTPs simply use enthusiasm to convince. So it doesn't always have to make sense.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ENTP manipulation is more like ESTP style, you don't know where you are going but somehow you are just compelled to follow along.

I have never experienced INTJ manipulation, but I think its going to be fun.

A

A window to the soul

ENTP's are playing the man and not the cards, so what we hold or what we don't hold doesn't matter because we back up our bets with a solid poker face. of fun.

From what I know, ENTPs use their Ne and Ti to pressure their idea because they can be so impatient.
I don't know what you're talking about. :x

R

Riva

ENTP manipulation is more like ESTP style, you don't know where you are going but somehow you are just compelled to follow along.

No it's quite different. Urgh!!!!!!

ENTPs use enthusiasm, jokes and teasing to convince. Whereas ESTPs use logic, persuasion, threats (of many different categories) to convince. When it comes to ENTPs you feel like you are playing along (like it's a game) and that you know what you are doing is wrong but you are playing along because you can't say no to the ENTP. ESTPs are more persuasive and brutal. You feel if you say no they will use verbal abuse or even shoot you.

It's different.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think the whole manipulation discussion is bullshit. I never conciously manipulated anyone in all my life. I have a personality and this influences people all around me in my daily life that's why its called social life. I am a motivator and people get inspired by my ideas and thats not because I sell em charming, its because I thought them thru beforehand and made sure they make sense.

Man forges his own destiny and people who think other people manipulate people have in my opinion issues with their own personal integrity and personality. I am carried away easily by good ideas of other people but if they are able to manipulate me or trick me into something is my own personal choice in the end. And if I am not aware of the moment in which that happens, I have a problem and its not only the other people who are evil.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
It depends. I think you can be a naive person and ignore it (not care) when people manipulate you.
But still, in areas like politics and business, where there is so much competition, you generally can't avoid these people.
Its game theory and some people will do anything to have an edge over you.
Even if you don't want to manipulate people, you have to be cautious about other people manipulating you.
But most of the time, you can do nothing and learn from experience.
Just because you don't want to be evil does not mean the world has no evil people.
I mean you can blame it on bad luck when you meet these people and stay naive.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I remember when I was in high school, some dude ask me to keep giving him a dollar every week or he'll stop being my friend.
I was stupid enough to believe in it.(meaning I lost alot of money back then) It means these kinds of people exist.
I lost my innocence back then.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP's are playing the man and not the cards, so what we hold or what we don't hold doesn't matter because we back up our bets with a solid poker face. of fun.

I don't know what you're talking about. :x
Ti rely on classifications, with the general idea that's all an ENTP needs to feel confident about themselves. This explains how they can be impatient if they have a fixed judgment already. While other people may consider all sides, the ENTP with their Ne reveals many more sides to THEIR side. It can get kind of ridiculous lol.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remember when I was in high school, some dude ask me to keep giving him a dollar every week or he'll stop being my friend.
I was stupid enough to believe in it.(meaning I lost alot of money back then) It means these kinds of people exist.
I lost my innocence back then.

if all he asked for was a dollar he wasnt a very good friend. Thats like a prostitute vs a call girl. I bet if he asked for $25 a week and you paid him he would have been a better friend. You cant expect much for a dollar a week.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I think it depends on what type you are for the other's manipulation to be effective. I tend to get swept along by INTJs much more than ENTPs. Even if they aren't as jolly.

Mia.

I think the whole manipulation discussion is bullshit. I never conciously manipulated anyone in all my life. I have a personality and this influences people all around me in my daily life that's why its called social life. I am a motivator and people get inspired by my ideas and thats not because I sell em charming, its because I thought them thru beforehand and made sure they make sense.

Man forges his own destiny and people who think other people manipulate people have in my opinion issues with their own personal integrity and personality. I am carried away easily by good ideas of other people but if they are able to manipulate me or trick me into something is my own personal choice in the end. And if I am not aware of the moment in which that happens, I have a problem and its not only the other people who are evil.

*Feels inexplicably drawn to believing what this ENTP is insisting she believe....vacantly stares as a drop of drool pools in the corner of her mouth...* There is no manipulation.... these are not the droids I'm looking for....

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs manipulate things in order to achieve a particular outcome. If people are manipulated, it is not with a conscious intent to do so. It's all part of executing on a strategy and associated tactics to get something done - like moving chess pieces on a board.

A

Anew Leaf

INTJs manipulate things in order to achieve a particular outcome. If people are manipulated, it is not with a conscious intent to do so. It's all part of executing on a strategy and associated tactics to get something done - like moving chess pieces on a board.

this is about the same description my ex gives when i point out his blatant manipulation of others. :laugh:

i think for ENTPs any "manipulation" is done with a love of the game and seeing if they can actually do it.

for INTJs it's all about the end result.

i notice INTJ manuevering pretty quickly. it's fun to watch.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
My younger brother is an ENTP, and he's better at "manipulating" people than I am (at least in terms of members of my family - I can "manipulate" my friends very easily, and I'm not sure how good he is at "manipulating" his friends). And yes, he uses charm to do it, while I use logic and facts to do it... but people don't seem to care much for those.