• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ manipulation vs ENTP manipulation

Who is better at manipulating

• INTJ

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • ENTP

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

Mia.

this is about the same description my ex gives when i point out his blatant manipulation of others. :laugh:

i think for ENTPs any "manipulation" is done with a love of the game and seeing if they can actually do it.

for INTJs it's all about the end result.

i notice INTJ manuevering pretty quickly. it's fun to watch.

Hehe, yeah. And the INTJs I know are terrible at lying - or maybe I just know them too well.

this is about the same description my ex gives when i point out his blatant manipulation of others. :laugh:

i think for ENTPs any "manipulation" is done with a love of the game and seeing if they can actually do it.

for INTJs it's all about the end result.

i notice INTJ manuevering pretty quickly. it's fun to watch.

I'm more susceptible to INTJ manipulation myself but I see ENTPs conning greater numbers of people. I don't know what it is because their schemes are blatantly obvious but whatever they're doing clearly works. ENTP manipulation often makes me feel vaguely uncomfortable, as though there's something not entirely kosher about it. I guess it's the game playing aspect. In comparison, goal-driven manipulation doesn't seem as bad to me although that's largely dependent on what the goal is.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh man...ENTP manipulation, I can spot it from a mile away lol. I still love em' though, we all have our moments <3.

[YOUTUBE="xgpAkPa_LK0"]Freezepop - Manipulate[/YOUTUBE]

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hehe, yeah. And the INTJs I know are terrible at lying - or maybe I just know them too well.

I'm very uncomfortable doing that. You might be right.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp

Hmm, I'm actually VERY good at lying, but I really only lie about my personal life (mainly just my thoughts and feelings). I don't lie to manipulate people though.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJs don't lie. We just dispense the truth in a controlled manner.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
*Feels inexplicably drawn to believing what this ENTP is insisting she believe....vacantly stares as a drop of drool pools in the corner of her mouth...* There is no manipulation.... these are not the droids I'm looking for....

häh ? I am male ! :D

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I despised manipulation, I only do that if I have no choice and as a self defense. Anyway, INTJ are far more better than ENTPs. I know this because I had dealing with several ENTPs before at different situations.
It didn't take long to bring them down since I can see the problem from above.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I despised manipulation, I only do that if I have no choice and as a self defense. Anyway, INTJ are far more better than ENTPs. I know this because I had dealing with several ENTPs before at different situations.
It didn't take long to bring them down since I can see the problem from above.

It depends. There is a form of manipulation in which everyone involved knows about the manipulator and there is a form of manipulation in which noone involved knows the manipulator :)

CashmanGreen

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think the whole manipulation discussion is bullshit. I never conciously manipulated anyone in all my life. I have a personality and this influences people all around me in my daily life that's why its called social life. I am a motivator and people get inspired by my ideas and thats not because I sell em charming, its because I thought them thru beforehand and made sure they make sense.

Man forges his own destiny and people who think other people manipulate people have in my opinion issues with their own personal integrity and personality. I am carried away easily by good ideas of other people but if they are able to manipulate me or trick me into something is my own personal choice in the end. And if I am not aware of the moment in which that happens, I have a problem and its not only the other people who are evil.

Integrity...oppinion.. good and evil.. these things dont make sense to me. Every entp i have met manipulates people extremely successfuly... and they dont do it because they are evil, but because entps dont intuitively understand feelings. Because this hasnt come natural, we have to learn it cognitively. and when you understand a system fully its hard not to achieve your goals through it, that would defeat the purpose of learning how it works in the first place. If the definition of manipulate is to change or effect a subject in someway then i cant see how social manipulation is evil or without integrity. Life is a game, earth is a playground, the people are tools.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Integrity...oppinion.. good and evil.. these things dont make sense to me. Every entp i have met manipulates people extremely successfuly... and they dont do it because they are evil, but because entps dont intuitively understand feelings. Because this hasnt come natural, we have to learn it cognitively. and when you understand a system fully its hard not to achieve your goals through it, that would defeat the purpose of learning how it works in the first place. If the definition of manipulate is to change or effect a subject in someway then i cant see how social manipulation is evil or without integrity. Life is a game, earth is a playground, the people are tools.

I think you have a very good point here but I disagree with your conclusion.

It's indeed the case that as a Ne dominant, life is anything but orderly. While a Te dom would maybe show integrity by rigorously sticking to his opinion, to an Ne the World is always open to reevaluation and decisions are based on data that flows in. I often dont recognize at work how I change my opinion and that I have with only 2 days in between suddenly the opposite opinion towards an issue. I dont do this on purpose and I need other people to remind me, I am often angry at myself when I notice this happening but it does happen and I have to live with it. On the feelings part I disagree. I as an entp have an exceptionally well rich inner feeling World, I am just often oblivious to it. Living together with a dominant Feeler helps you getting deeper in touch with your emotions and learning things about morale and ethics, which you value and she of course places a great importance on. In that regards entps to me are strong empaths, who not only can feel with others but see the dynamic of a situation as well. That gives us the distinct advantage for manipulation.

Now the conclusion: it's true that the importance on morale, ethic and such things aint natural to entps. To me they aint a center of my attention. That means to others I appear flighty, even haphazard and I dont even recognize that. This is a weakness and doubly so its an invisible weakness. Due to that people have turned their backs on me and I didnt even understand why.

Now the thing is what you do from here. I personally since the day I was born have rules over which I define myself and which make me feel good. They mostly came naturally to me. The first one is that when I fall in love, it's always with the heart. I did that only 2 times so far in my life and that makes my "girls I had sex with" counter pretty low. But since I am placing importance on the heart thing, having sex isnt the main subject for me. So from that ultimatively a sense of loyality developed. This sense has gotten so far that I am at the point right now at which I fighgt for it and defend it. If all goes well I'll be living with my wife until the end of our lifes and I am hoping for that to happen, cause I think of it as being very romantic and great. It feels great and I feel like I am doing a great thing.

The same it is with work and friends. I have the demand to accomplish a lot of things and that automatically has made me a hard worker. Atm I am working on 3 projects, the magnet generator, my steel mill and a led cube plus I am going to work and university. I am pretty close to a workaholic but I dont want anything less no more. What made this possible basically was living together with my girlfriend, who is an activator for me. When I lived alone, I rot in laziness and did nothing but playing games all day or posting on typology forums. :)

So what to gain from that, I am loyal, I am integer, I like to be seen as a hard worker and I have a high demand towards myself of being a good friend. I think to be like that you somehow have to like the victim role a bit. That of course makes me a joke to most of the predators out there, but if I dont loose my teeth being like that, I can still defend myself. The thing is, I dont care what others think, but I treat them like I want to be treaten and that makes it possible for me to wake up in the mornings, look into the mirror and actually like what I see. I am convinced, having a history of depression running thru my family that if I wouldnt put so great importance on being a narcisstic self-loving light house in the dark, I'ld end up depressed as well :).

R

Riva

INTJs dislike lying. But they are quite good at at. Especially at -

INTJs don't lie. We just dispense the truth in a controlled manner.

This.

Even when they lie they tend to use actual situations but hiding segments of it. This way they are satisfied that they told the truth but lied anyway.

But also,

They are excellent at lying to your face. Without any remorse they do this better than any other type for the best of my knowledge because -

There is an end result that is worth lying for
You'll never find out the truth (Cock sure of their decisions)
Before you find out the truth he/she will explain the reason as to why the real story wasn't conveyed
etc

I'm very uncomfortable doing that. You might be right.

Oh,

INTJs are not so good at lying to their loved ones most probably because there is not end result in the lie. If someone inquires something personal from an INTJ there might not be an end result of lying. At these moments INTJ will get stuck. (To put it in simple words.)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Beautiful secrets. We all keep them in one way or the other, like ENTPs. Ability to manipulate... perhaps... well... ability to know who they are able to manipulate and ability to avoid trying to manipulate all those they aren't able to manipulate successfully? Hmmm... A bit troublesome, I see we're near a cliff. INTJs? They like beautifully played orchestra. Bring in your elaborate conspiracy theorist. They love these things.

Mia.

INTJs dislike lying. But they are quite good at at. Especially at -

This.

Even when they lie they tend to use actual situations but hiding segments of it. This way they are satisfied that they told the truth but lied anyway.

But also,

They are excellent at lying to your face. Without any remorse they do this better than any other type for the best of my knowledge because -

There is an end result that is worth lying for
You'll never find out the truth (Cock sure of their decisions)
Before you find out the truth he/she will explain the reason as to why the real story wasn't conveyed
etc

Oh,

INTJs are not so good at lying to their loved ones most probably because there is not end result in the lie. If someone inquires something personal from an INTJ there might not be an end result of lying. At these moments INTJ will get stuck. (To put it in simple words.)

Yeah. I know. The problem is they can't remember everything they've said, and are so confident about their lying that they get sloppy. I find it pretty easy to know when an INTJ I've known for even a short amount of time is lying. That's the beauty of having Si...biotches.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was referring to myself when I said "she" dude. I'm female. :smoke:

ah, see how I tricked you into giving away your gender :D. jokes aside sometimes I just dont understand things, english is good but not flawless :/

Mia.

ah, see how I tricked you into giving away your gender :D. jokes aside sometimes I just dont understand things, english is good but not flawless :/

Well it's much better than my insert any language here other than native English. So bravo dude. *curtsies*