33. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTJ

11 33.33%
  • ENTP

22 66.67%
First 1234 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think the whole manipulation discussion is bullshit. I never conciously manipulated anyone in all my life.
    Amen.

It depends. I think you can be a naive person and ignore it (not care) when people manipulate you.
    But still, in areas like politics and business, where there is so much competition, you generally can't avoid these people.
    Its game theory and some people will do anything to have an edge over you.
    Even if you don't want to manipulate people, you have to be cautious about other people manipulating you.
    But most of the time, you can do nothing and learn from experience.
    Just because you don't want to be evil does not mean the world has no evil people.
    I mean you can blame it on bad luck when you meet these people and stay naive.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

I remember when I was in high school, some dude ask me to keep giving him a dollar every week or he'll stop being my friend.
    I was stupid enough to believe in it.(meaning I lost alot of money back then) It means these kinds of people exist.
    I lost my innocence back then.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    ENTP's are playing the man and not the cards, so what we hold or what we don't hold doesn't matter because we back up our bets with a solid poker face. of fun.

I don't know what you're talking about. :x
    Ti rely on classifications, with the general idea that's all an ENTP needs to feel confident about themselves. This explains how they can be impatient if they have a fixed judgment already. While other people may consider all sides, the ENTP with their Ne reveals many more sides to THEIR side. It can get kind of ridiculous lol.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    I remember when I was in high school, some dude ask me to keep giving him a dollar every week or he'll stop being my friend.
    I was stupid enough to believe in it.(meaning I lost alot of money back then) It means these kinds of people exist.
    I lost my innocence back then.
    if all he asked for was a dollar he wasnt a very good friend. Thats like a prostitute vs a call girl. I bet if he asked for $25 a week and you paid him he would have been a better friend. You cant expect much for a dollar a week.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP

I think it depends on what type you are for the other's manipulation to be effective. I tend to get swept along by INTJs much more than ENTPs. Even if they aren't as jolly.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think the whole manipulation discussion is bullshit. I never conciously manipulated anyone in all my life. I have a personality and this influences people all around me in my daily life that's why its called social life. I am a motivator and people get inspired by my ideas and thats not because I sell em charming, its because I thought them thru beforehand and made sure they make sense.

Man forges his own destiny and people who think other people manipulate people have in my opinion issues with their own personal integrity and personality. I am carried away easily by good ideas of other people but if they are able to manipulate me or trick me into something is my own personal choice in the end. And if I am not aware of the moment in which that happens, I have a problem and its not only the other people who are evil.
    *Feels inexplicably drawn to believing what this ENTP is insisting she believe....vacantly stares as a drop of drool pools in the corner of her mouth...* There is no manipulation.... these are not the droids I'm looking for....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

INTJs manipulate things in order to achieve a particular outcome. If people are manipulated, it is not with a conscious intent to do so. It's all part of executing on a strategy and associated tactics to get something done - like moving chess pieces on a board.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    INTJs manipulate things in order to achieve a particular outcome. If people are manipulated, it is not with a conscious intent to do so. It's all part of executing on a strategy and associated tactics to get something done - like moving chess pieces on a board.
    this is about the same description my ex gives when i point out his blatant manipulation of others.

i think for ENTPs any "manipulation" is done with a love of the game and seeing if they can actually do it.

for INTJs it's all about the end result.

i notice INTJ manuevering pretty quickly. it's fun to watch.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

My younger brother is an ENTP, and he's better at "manipulating" people than I am (at least in terms of members of my family - I can "manipulate" my friends very easily, and I'm not sure how good he is at "manipulating" his friends). And yes, he uses charm to do it, while I use logic and facts to do it... but people don't seem to care much for those.