• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Christian NTs

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For example, I don't believe God would want to create animals that live off of killing other animals.

Which seems pretty sensible. And some of the religious creationists claim evolution is a dog-eat-dog system and antithetical to the creation of a God of love.

Then again, God specifically gave people the province to eat meat after the Flood.

I recently noticed in Isaiah it says something like, "On My holy mountain, the lion will graze like the ox" (perhaps another grazing animal). That does leave a problem of when and why the world went off track when it comes to how God would be running things. I don't know how to answer that.

I tended to just read that as more of analogy -- right now, all we know is this world where the strong prey on the weak and the system dominates, but at some point God will set things right and fix them so that the normal predators and prey will be able to coinhabit and not need to attack each other and thus live in peace. Israel back at that time was never really much at peace, there always seemed to be some threat or another... or drama within the nation itself.

At least half of these Christian scientists are NT:

Which half? ;)

I think science was different then. It was far more outside the box, and you were fighting the establishment. It also took a dedication/commitment, spending your life pursuing something other than a viable trade. Lots of gray area to explore too, whereas nowadays there's a lot of science that is more procedural and implementational.

Also, "Christian" might be applied loosely. There might be Deists in there, for example, which aren't considered Christians by some conservatives nowadays.

I think one thing driving much of early science is that it helped to believe that the world made sense in some way -- and the idea that a God made everything to work a certain way provided impetus for them to have faith that, if they explored it, they would find something rational underpinning it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you might want to strike anyone pre-20th century from that list for sociological reasons.... Oh, wait!

Mole

Permabanned
I think one thing driving much of early science is that it helped to believe that the world made sense in some way -- and the idea that a God made everything to work a certain way provided impetus for them to have faith that, if they explored it, they would find something rational underpinning it.

But rather than finding that the world made sense, science discovered that the very big and the very small are unimaginable to us.

For anyone who thinks they understand quantum mechanics of the very small, doesn't understand quantum mechanics. And anyone who thinks they understand general relativity of the very big, doesn't understand general relativity.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which half? ;)

I think science was different then. It was far more outside the box, and you were fighting the establishment. It also took a dedication/commitment, spending your life pursuing something other than a viable trade. Lots of gray area to explore too, whereas nowadays there's a lot of science that is more procedural and implementational.

Also, "Christian" might be applied loosely. There might be Deists in there, for example, which aren't considered Christians by some conservatives nowadays.
For many centuries, the church establishment was either synonomous with or intimately intertwined with the government in many places. Church membership in this environment was a prerequisite for support and approval, while failure to participate could bring persecution. This is similar to Communist Party membership in the former Soviet Union. One cannot therefore assume membership in the church/party as an indication of actual personal beliefs and values.

Despite the social constraints I mentioned above, some of the works of science from this period show evidence of strong and genuine personal faith on the part of the authors. I get the definite sense that some of them saw their scientific studies as a way to come to know God better, by learning about his creation. As a scientist myself, this has always resonated with me. These writings were my only anchor during the frustrating time between when I gave up my childhood faith, and finally found my own spiritual path as an adult.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I'm sure there are a number of them who wrote about any spiritual insights they had. I know Pascal had some intense religious experiences and even carried some texts sewn into his clothes with him. He's as well known for his Pensees as he is for his mathematics.

N's tend to be multi-discipline, so it's not really surprising if many of the thinking sorts had ideas in scientific, philosophical, and religious fields, among others. They all kind of deal with trying to figure out how the world works.

wildflower

i'm boderline nf/nt so count me in. i'm not part of a regular local church anymore but part of a street ministry where we go out late at night to the streets of hollywood and minister and help the prostitutes, homeless, addicts, & runaways anyway we can to help them get off the streets, find jobs, etc. i just started doing this this year and it's really cool. we serve free pizza and "do church" every week at midnight in a 7-11 parking lot, lol. good thing i'm a night owl. also, once a month we help whoever shows up do their laundry for free. really, it's just about loving people who are considered the least of these. our group is from a bunch of different christian churches in the area. some baptist, some vineyard types, some non-denominational, some charismatic, etc. i've never done anything like this before and would never have imagined i'd be doing this but i love it. :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is what I believe about God and our place in the universe:

The evolution of life on Terra has a strong connection with those who own Terra: i.e. extraterrestrial supercivilizations that manipulates also the genetic evolution of man in Their own purposes. Anyway the destiny of the current man on Terra is near completion. He will be eliminated to make step for the next program with more homozigous standard of the DNA... basically with a DNA more simpler and more pure. The evolution of life is also included here. In my opinion THEY are responsible for the evolution of life in the last geological Era of the Earth (at least). Humans enter also in this game.

God of the Universe?... We do not know who or what created the Universe. I'm uite sure that not God from the human religions (monotheist or polytheist). The religions are connected with some extremely advanced extraterrestrial supercivilizations that coexist now in this corner of the galaxy, but in the negative matter of the Universe.
God of the Universe is not a person opinion like you and me. Above many other theories related with the genesis of the universe like quantum singularity or the membrane theory, I see another one: an extrauniversal supercivilization that is at a level of evolution impossible for us to understand and that exist in the Omniversal system. This is a level VI or VII in evolution after our classifications. But I personally don't see these extrauniversal supercivilizations like something similar to us. There must something incomprehensible for our level of understanding.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Why do you believe this? [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Why do you believe this? [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]

It is the ultimate synthesis of the Creationist combined with the Evolutionist theories, that the Gods are extraterrestrials who operate unprecedentedly evolved galactic supercivilizations. They created us, they control us, they will destroy us. Is simple. We have no idea what is their level of evolution.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What kind of proof do you have of this? [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15315]UniqueMixture[/MENTION] If we have so much science and technology that's because somebody else has taken care of that. The Luciferian civilization gives us science and technology to corrupt us. As the Bible says, where there is much wisdom, there is much grief, and he who increaseth his knowledge multiplies his suffering. We also have the ancient sacred manuscripts, or the Bibles to prove we have been given information by the Gods, which is why there are so many different religions and racial programs genetically engineered by the fallen angels. Jews are the only pure race.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=15315]UniqueMixture[/MENTION] If we have so much science and technology that's because somebody else has taken care of that. The Luciferian civilization gives us science and technology to corrupt us. As the Bible says, where there is much wisdom, there is much grief, and he who increaseth his knowledge multiplies his suffering. We also have the ancient sacred manuscripts, or the Bibles to prove we have been given information by the Gods, which is why there are so many different religions and racial programs genetically engineered by the fallen angels. Jews are the only pure race.

FVMLT.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Are you a troll?

Because if you're serious, you fucking scare me.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you a troll?

I admit it is not a fact, but it is a POSSIBLE truth of human origins. Believe what you will, and if I am wrong, you have nothing to be afraid of, and if I am right, lets just say that you have taken your first steps into a much larger world.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you a troll?

Hah, I accused him of being a troll when he first started. I take it back, he's not. Sorry, [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION].

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If we have so much science and technology that's because somebody else has taken care of that. The Luciferian civilization gives us science and technology to corrupt us. As the Bible says, where there is much wisdom, there is much grief, and he who increaseth his knowledge multiplies his suffering. We also have the ancient sacred manuscripts, or the Bibles to prove we have been given information by the Gods, which is why there are so many different religions and racial programs genetically engineered by the fallen angels. Jews are the only pure race.

See, this is where my "NT Bullshit Klaxon" goes off wildly.

I know of no verifiable "sacred texts" or any other proof for this kind of belief, which comes across to me as wild speculation. I would say New Testament writings have been shown to have far more veracity, and they are still under heavy scrutiny and debate / textual criticism.

If you're referring to things like the Nephilim, there is barely a mention of them in the OT Bible, and most of the idea developed about them are purely folklore.

Hah, I accused him of being a troll when he first started. I take it back, he's not.

Naw, seems pretty sincere to me.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I know of no verifiable "sacred texts" or any other proof for this kind of belief, which comes across to me as wild speculation. I would say New Testament writings have been shown to have far more veracity, and they are still under heavy scrutiny and debate / textual criticism.

Have you ever heard of the other Bibles, such as... Yahweh and Jesus gave us the Old and New Testaments of the Bible on one side and on the other side the Popol Vuh, the Bhagavad-gita, the Egyptian Book of Death, Upanishads, Tao-Te-Ching, Lotus Sutras, and so on were given to us by the fallen angels.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

If you're referring to things like the Nephilim, there is barely a mention of them in the OT Bible, and most of the idea developed about them are purely folklore.

Naw, seems pretty sincere to me.

Let me add to that list...

Also all those ancient civilizations have sacred books The Bible (Old Testament for the jews) and Rig Veda, Ramayana, The Egyptian book of death, Tibethan book of death, Bhagavad-gita, Upanishads, Popol Vuh, Puranas, Fenician, Hitite, Summeryan tables of clay, and so forth... all these sacred manuscripts were given by Yahweh (the Bible on one side, Old Testament) and by these fallen angels all the other books.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let me add to that list...

Also all those ancient civilizations have sacred books The Bible (Old Testament for the jews) and Rig Veda, Ramayana, The Egyptian book of death, Tibethan book of death, Bhagavad-gita, Upanishads, Popol Vuh, Puranas, Fenician, Hitite, Summeryan tables of clay, and so forth... all these sacred manuscripts were given by Yahweh (the Bible on one side, Old Testament) and by these fallen angels all the other books.

It's all just writing.
Not all writing is true.
There is no verification ANY of that stuff is true.

Do you believe that Yggdrasil exists too?
Or the Norns?
Or that thunderbolts are actually thrown by Zeus?

Anyone can write something, but we typically only assign the label "non-fiction" to things that can be verified.

it doesn't mean the ideas are not useful in some way, in terms of helping one examine life experience through multiple facets , but it doesn't mean it's historically true.