• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Christian NTs

A

A window to the soul

Well, the history of Europe is the history of the Church. And as it was Eurpean Christianity that colonised the Americas, so the history of the Church is your history as well.

But on the other hand you deny you are a product of this history. You deny your roots and your heritage. And even go so far as to say you are not member of any Church.
I didn't want all of that. I just wanted to find God. I found incredible solace in the blood of truth; and so much more.

It's as though you have sprung fully formed from the Bible itself. It is as though the Bible has given birth to your Christianity.

And barely hidden behind your Bible Believing Christianity is a dismissal of other Christians.

And it is as though you are not a product of religious warfare, torture and murder, but simply born of your own imaginings. It is as though you are pure - a Puritan almost.
:blush:

Usehername

On a mission
I don't think NTs are any less religious than any other MBT group.

I think our religious poll numbers are artificially lowered due to the NT personality description attracting those who idolize and worship NT tendencies. I think they assume these characteristics are supreme and correct and just and that these characteristics are incompatible with religion. This is ironic, of course, because they're actively worshiping a Jungian identity invention instead of a bread-and-butter genre of god. This means that, perhaps, NT types are more religious than any other personality group.

Regardless, I'm an NT Christian and there are tons of us. We're not rare.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably wrong.
I think our religious poll numbers are artificially lowered due to the NT personality description attracting those who idolize and worship NT tendencies.
Probably right.
This means that, perhaps, NT types are more religious than any other personality group.
Wrong.
Right.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think our religious poll numbers are artificially lowered due to the NT personality description attracting those who idolize and worship NT tendencies. I think they assume these characteristics are supreme and correct and just and that these characteristics are incompatible with religion. This is ironic, of course, because they're actively worshiping a Jungian identity invention instead of a bread-and-butter genre of god. This means that, perhaps, NT types are more religious than any other personality group.

I think according to most MBTI studies of religious affiliation, NTs (especially ENTPs) are significantly underrepresented in those that identify with a religion. To quote from one study:

Undergraduates claiming no religious affiliation were distinguished from the combined group of undergraduates attending the college of higher education by a more frequent preference for Intuition (p < .01) and by a combined Intuitive/Thinking preference (p < .001). In fact, NTs constituted 13% of the religiously unaffiliated, compared to 2% of Roman Catholics, 4% of Free Church members, and 5% of Anglicans. Combined Extraverted/Intuitive preferences were also significantly more frequent among students confessing no religious affiliation (38%) compared to the combined undergraduate group (28%, p < .01). Similarly, combined Extraverted/Perceiving preferences (p < .01) and Thinking/Perceiving preferences (p < .01) were overrepresented for the religiously unaffiliated group compared to the general student body.

And I agree that underrepresented ≠ rare, necessarily.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP

I agree with much of this.

A

A window to the soul

This is actually more surprising than Christianity to me.

[Agreed.] Typically, sensational! Instant gratification from spirits (not from God) with minimal to no faith required.

...or so I've heard.

Forgive me if I'm wrong. The term has many meanings. :/

:hideyhole:

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
[Agreed.] Typically, sensational! Instant gratification from spirits (not from God) with minimal to no faith required.

Erm, my problem is that it's pretty much 100% faith. I don't think that there's any evidence at all for Paganism. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

A

A window to the soul

Erm, my problem is that it's pretty much 100% faith. I don't think that there's any evidence at all for Paganism. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

For fear of sounding delusional I'll pass on the demon lecture tonight, and just say that I echo your sentiments. :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Et in Arcadia ego

I’m truly sorry if I am
Loosing my grip
If I’m fading away
Watching the stars as I set sail
I’m truly sorry if I was
A disappointment to you
But I cannot stay
Watching the stars
Longing to set sail
I know that I will miss you
But it’s time for me to leave
The arcadia is calling my name

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAt3bbuxAlw&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ

How does this differ from the Christian God (not the existence of Jesus)? Aren't many of the old testament stories very similar to those found in older pagan religions?

I'm not a pagan, just curious.

Lark

How does this differ from the Christian God (not the existence of Jesus)? Aren't many of the old testament stories very similar to those found in older pagan religions?

I'm not a pagan, just curious.

I dont think they are similar, having read both, I dont dismiss one as false and the other as truthful either. Not automatically.

Although I do think there's a lot of nonsense and superstition churned out to satisfy consumer demand for neo-paganism, for instance pop-wiccans, there's some amusing episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer which I recall in which Willow, genuine witchcraft adept, joins a circle of pop-wiccans who're a bitchy cliche of feminazis.