User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Thread: Christian NTs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    An inventor who doesnt believe in his invention, is no inventor. If a scientist would only go by the facts he knows, progress would be slow or non-existant cause leaps in thinking made possible by him believing in them being right, wouldnt occur.

So I see no reason why a NT wouldnt be a believer. I just dont see a reason why it must be called God.
    It's not that it must be called "God", it's simply that many people do so. I agree with your overall statement, but the thought processes you describe in your first paragraph are much more related to N: intuition, and the confidence one develops in its perceptions.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    It's not that it must be called "God", it's simply that many people do so. I agree with your overall statement, but the thought processes you describe in your first paragraph are much more related to N: intuition, and the confidence one develops in its perceptions.
    And how is confidence in your perception different from belief ? I mean for an ethical and morale guidance I dont need to necessarily stick to religion, there are a lot of books who talk about it as well.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

See to be honest, I see the athiests and religion haters losing their heads on this forum more often than the religious, plus they desperately troll the religious population none stop, in a relentless fashion which would kill them if it were reversed and I see "what is the point?" and despairing threads by the atheists were I dont see that by the religious either.

So I dont see much in that belief system which jumps out as recommending itself, either seems to make you that way or perhaps you adopt it because you were that way to begin with, in any case it doesnt seem like a way to a better life.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    See to be honest, I see the athiests and religion haters losing their heads on this forum more often than the religious, plus they desperately troll the religious population none stop, in a relentless fashion which would kill them if it were reversed and I see "what is the point?" and despairing threads by the atheists were I dont see that by the religious either.

So I dont see much in that belief system which jumps out as recommending itself, either seems to make you that way or perhaps you adopt it because you were that way to begin with, in any case it doesnt seem like a way to a better life.
    The same you most prolly will hear from a heroine abuser.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

This is actually why I find evangelizing atheists more annoying than evangelizing religious people... because the evangelizing religious people I've met don't try to argue with you as relentlessly. They don't cite Richard Dawkins at you nonstop.
    The same you most prolly will hear from a heroine abuser.
    ?????
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    This is actually why I find evangelizing atheists more annoying than evangelizing religious people... because the evangelizing religious people I've met don't try to argue with you as relentlessly. They don't cite Richard Dawkins at you nonstop.

?????
    I concur with both of you. I am tired of these stupid religion threads were inevitably at the core there is some super T-dom who thinks that they and they alone have the logical answer and anyone who disagrees with them must be some irrational feeler who wouldn't know logic if it took them to dinner and a movie.

It's all a very personal choice and I feel to each their own so long as everyone leaves each other alone.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ?????
    A drug users first arguement is that he does drugs because he cant stand reality. Dont understand why you put question marks on that

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    It's all a very personal choice and I feel to each their own so long as everyone leaves each other alone.
    I have a different opinion on this. As long as people wage wars because they have different "personal choices" in religion, I feel its my democratic right to tell them that they are stupid.

Anew Leaf

I have a different opinion on this. As long as people wage wars because they have different "personal choices" in religion, I feel its my democratic right to tell them that they are stupid.
    If you wish to tell those who are waging the wars that they are stupid, by all means go for it. But don't lump everyone in together under a blanket clause of "well, you have spiritual beliefs so therefore you are the same as those nutjobs therefore you are stupid for having beliefs."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    If you wish to tell those who are waging the wars that they are stupid, by all means go for it. But don't lump everyone in together under a blanket clause of "well, you have spiritual beliefs so therefore you are the same as those nutjobs therefore you are stupid for having beliefs."
    I never do that, but I know that in America religion has a strong grasp on politics and society, while in my country for example it has virtually no influence. Due to that being so I have to weave the blanket over everything to encounter for the dynamic of the situation.

I personally and that I have stated often, am a big fan of the morale and ethics religion shows and wish for more people in society to share that wisdom. I just dont believe in a God or an afterlife. And I think and I am not alone with that that the american church has become as fundamental as its enemies its opposing and I am just having a careful eye on that and hope it wont play out bad for you. Cause I like you and am not your enemy.