User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Christian NTs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't think NTs are any less religious than any other MBT group.

I think our religious poll numbers are artificially lowered due to the NT personality description attracting those who idolize and worship NT tendencies. I think they assume these characteristics are supreme and correct and just and that these characteristics are incompatible with religion. This is ironic, of course, because they're actively worshiping a Jungian identity invention instead of a bread-and-butter genre of god. This means that, perhaps, NT types are more religious than any other personality group.

Regardless, I'm an NT Christian and there are tons of us. We're not rare.
    I think according to most MBTI studies of religious affiliation, NTs (especially ENTPs) are significantly underrepresented in those that identify with a religion. To quote from one study:

Undergraduates claiming no religious affiliation were distinguished from the combined group of undergraduates attending the college of higher education by a more frequent preference for Intuition (p < .01) and by a combined Intuitive/Thinking preference (p < .001). In fact, NTs constituted 13% of the religiously unaffiliated, compared to 2% of Roman Catholics, 4% of Free Church members, and 5% of Anglicans. Combined Extraverted/Intuitive preferences were also significantly more frequent among students confessing no religious affiliation (38%) compared to the combined undergraduate group (28%, p < .01). Similarly, combined Extraverted/Perceiving preferences (p < .01) and Thinking/Perceiving preferences (p < .01) were overrepresented for the religiously unaffiliated group compared to the general student body.
    And I agree that underrepresented ≠ rare, necessarily.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Far more pagan in my beliefs now.
    This is actually more surprising than Christianity to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't think NTs are any less religious than any other MBT group.

I think our religious poll numbers are artificially lowered due to the NT personality description attracting those who idolize and worship NT tendencies. I think they assume these characteristics are supreme and correct and just and that these characteristics are incompatible with religion. This is ironic, of course, because they're actively worshiping a Jungian identity invention instead of a bread-and-butter genre of god. This means that, perhaps, NT types are more religious than any other personality group.

Regardless, I'm an NT Christian and there are tons of us. We're not rare.
    I agree with much of this.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

figsfiggyfigs

Sooo... Just the Christians then...

/walks out

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by gmanyo View Post
    This is actually more surprising than Christianity to me.
    [Agreed.] Typically, sensational! Instant gratification from spirits (not from God) with minimal to no faith required.

...or so I've heard.

Forgive me if I'm wrong. The term has many meanings. :/

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    [Agreed.] Typically, sensational! Instant gratification from spirits (not from God) with minimal to no faith required.
    Erm, my problem is that it's pretty much 100% faith. I don't think that there's any evidence at all for Paganism. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.

A window to the soul

Erm, my problem is that it's pretty much 100% faith. I don't think that there's any evidence at all for Paganism. Maybe I'm wrong, though.
    For fear of sounding delusional I'll pass on the demon lecture tonight, and just say that I echo your sentiments.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Et in Arcadia ego

I’m truly sorry if I am
    Loosing my grip
    If I’m fading away
    Watching the stars as I set sail
    I’m truly sorry if I was
    A disappointment to you
    But I cannot stay
    Watching the stars
    Longing to set sail
    I know that I will miss you
    But it’s time for me to leave
    The arcadia is calling my name

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAt3bbuxAlw&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

How does this differ from the Christian God (not the existence of Jesus)? Aren't many of the old testament stories very similar to those found in older pagan religions?

I'm not a pagan, just curious.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    How does this differ from the Christian God (not the existence of Jesus)? Aren't many of the old testament stories very similar to those found in older pagan religions?

I'm not a pagan, just curious.
    I dont think they are similar, having read both, I dont dismiss one as false and the other as truthful either. Not automatically.

Although I do think there's a lot of nonsense and superstition churned out to satisfy consumer demand for neo-paganism, for instance pop-wiccans, there's some amusing episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer which I recall in which Willow, genuine witchcraft adept, joins a circle of pop-wiccans who're a bitchy cliche of feminazis.