Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    hey guys. this wasn't meant to be a debate thread. it would be cool if people respected the OP's wishes and carried on their debates in the philosophy & spirituality forum.
    Well nobody here cares about proper organization of thread topics, so go pick some wildflowers.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Thank goodness I'm not an NT then, because they tend to act like dicks anyway with their constant arguing and lust for control. lol im either esfp, estp, or istp, and i lied before about being intp
    Let's see -- so I challenge the basis of what you say, and instead of talking considerately about it, you call us "dicks" and say we "lust for control?" And that you lied about being INTP?

Now I understand why you were banned from PersonalityCafe.

I'm not a "dick" and I don't "lust for control." I do, however, ask that your ideas fit consistently together OR that you admit that they are not consistent. I don't really care which... so much for your 'control' thing. But there is no basis for a discussion when someone pretends their comments are consistent while they are not. if you just want to shoot the breeze and not have a serious discussion, then that is fine as well... but let's be clear on what is being said.

I mean, really, this is a thread about "NT Christians." So the people you describe should be NT, and they should also be Christian.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    hey guys. this wasn't meant to be a debate thread. it would be cool if people respected the OP's wishes and carried on their debates in the philosophy & spirituality forum.
    Ah I forgot, no democracy in religion. Ok I have to go to bed anyways. Have fun finding your enlightenment
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Let's see -- so I challenge what you say, and instead of talking considerately about it, you call us "dicks" and say we "lust for control?" And that you lied about being INTP?

Now I understand why you were banned from PersonalityCafe.
    Ya wizards are definitely as S and removed from the abstract world of magic as you can get.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Ya wizards are definitely as S and removed from the abstract world of magic as you can get.
    What do wizards have to do with this thread?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Jennifer Absolutely nothing, which is what all who underestimate my power are about to become!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'd be curious as to the rationalization of a spirtual NT to be honest. A type characterized by the rational worldview they impose upon the world seems, on the surface, at odds with belief in a being that doesn't make itself present empirically. When I was younger, I certainly "hung on" to the thought of a deity as I began distancing myself from an upbringing that included relgion but ultimately I simply had to cast it aside if I was being honest with myself.

I've always wondered, is it a fear of chaos? A need for the Universe, Life, and Everything to have been designed, to have a purpose? Or something else? Not condemning or judging. Just curious.
    42 - but what is the question?

Here is the meta-question:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejc8a5wW8QI"].[/YOUTUBE]

Religion isn't the answer, it's really a big question mark. It's a great big

WTF?!

(which reminds me of the joke about how to intimidate agnostics into leaving town - burn a giant question mark on their lawn)

And the answer is ... well ...

In many ways, we already know the answer(s). We just aren't satisfied with them.

Oh, and another reason for NT religious belief:

My current sig is also apropos. Some questions cannot be analyzed by taking them apart to figure out how they work.

It isn't a "rationalization". It's a rational response to the world as it exists. The world is not logical; logic doesn't map to it. You can get to a sorta-kinda-answer, that works for you. The answer isn't precise, it isn't perfect, but it works. That's a large part of why religion exists. It's about how to deal with those nigh-un-answerable questions, and about figuring out what the right questions are. Organized religions are about exploring those answers as a group, rather than just in one's own heart.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I loled... SO much.
    I love you edgar.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I'm a wannabe Catholic.