Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm a Christian.

Me too. I was raised Catholic, although my beliefs as an adult would probably mark me as a Deist with some Christian leanings. I hold no ill will toward the Catholic Church though, and while I rarely do so, I feel comfortable attending services there.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I don't belong to a church or religion, other than I read the Bible, so I guess I'm the "Bible Believing Protestant Christian"?
    Well, the history of Europe is the history of the Church. And as it was Eurpean Christianity that colonised the Americas, so the history of the Church is your history as well.

But on the other hand you deny you are a product of this history. You deny your roots and your heritage. And even go so far as to say you are not member of any Church.

It's as though you have sprung fully formed from the Bible itself. It is as though the Bible has given birth to your Christianity.

And barely hidden behind your Bible Believing Christianity is a dismissal of other Christians.

And it is as though you are not a product of religious warfare, torture and murder, but simply born of your own imaginings. It is as though you are pure - a Puritan almost.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well I believe in God, grew up Catholic, studied the bible, switched to a non-denominational church (Willow Creek) a number of years ago and though I used to go to church every week, I don't go as much these days. Does that count?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Me too. I was raised Catholic, although my beliefs as an adult would probably mark me as a Deist with some Christian leanings. I hold no ill will toward the Catholic Church though, and while I rarely do so, I feel comfortable attending services there.
    This was me during my teens.

I'm practicing RC, although in some ways I think the church I feel I belong to doesnt exist anymore, if it ever did properly.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Are Coptics Christian, are Orthodox Christian, are Catholics Christian, are Protestants Christian, are Bible Believing Protestants Christian, are Christian Humanists Christian, are Mormons Christian, are Gnostics Christian?
    Aye... there's the rub.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I'm not Trunks

I've been raised as a christian since the age of 9, I'm not a religious person. I stopped going to church for few years now.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I was raised as a Christian. Stopped going. Started again. Stopped again for good.

Far more pagan in my beliefs now.