User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Thread: Christian NTs

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    The Bible is the sword of truth.

The word of God is described in Hebrews as being able to divide. Basically, in the scriptures you quoted, Jesus is saying that his mission on earth is to teach people the way to obtain salvation (not peace). And that the gospel is like a sword because it separates people into those who believe and those who do not. More specifically, Jesus is saying that the gospel will cut through families like a sword with some family members believing and other family members rejecting.

Has nothing to do with war in the same context as your discussion with Baj.
    If it is all a matter of individual interpretation, then your interpretation is as good as anyone else's.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If it is all a matter of individual interpretation, then your interpretation is as good as anyone else's.
    I interpreted the scriptures in light of the immediate context (the preceding and following verses) and the broader context (i.e., Hebrews and Ephesians). It's not as easy to skew the meaning of scripture when it's observed in its proper setting with a complete understanding of context, and meaning of key words.

"Sword" as defined in the Bible:

(Ephesians 6:17) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

(Hebrews 4:12) For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

Here's a related excerpt I found on the web:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.preaching.com/sermons/11643478/
    The sword Jesus brought to this world is the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God (Eph. 6:17). The razor-sharp edge of that sword is the powerful Gospel of Jesus Christ (Rom. 1:16), and the Gospel of Jesus does not unify this world—it divides it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Originally Posted by http://www.preaching.com/sermons/11643478/
    The sword Jesus brought to this world is the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God (Eph. 6:17). The razor-sharp edge of that sword is the powerful Gospel of Jesus Christ (Rom. 1:16), and the Gospel of Jesus does not unify this worldit divides it.
    QFT.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Thats when science ends and religion begins.

But what does it matter. According to the mayan calendar we are all dead in december 2012
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    QFT.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But what does it matter. According to the mayan calendar we are all dead in december 2012
    i read somewhere recently that, with the inclusion of leap years, all those extra days over time means that doomsday has actually already passed.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

hooray! This means we can stop discussing it, since discussion is evidently pointless! Three cheers for Victor's drawing an end to this war of words!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

A window to the soul

The QFT blend with the extra bee sweetenin is delicious! Thanks y'all!

-cheers-

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    hooray! This means we can stop discussing it, since discussion is evidently pointless! Three cheers for Victor's drawing an end to this war of words!
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    i read somewhere recently that, with the inclusion of leap years, all those extra days over time means that doomsday has actually already passed.
    Yea I have heard that too. I even heard lately that a super earthquake in Chile was so massive that Earth now turns a nanosecond or so slower each year. but what do we know, the mayan had their Gods tell them. Are we entp enough to think of ourselves as Gods ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]