User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Thread: Christian NTs

I used to be christian like you, but the I toke an arrow to the knee.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    I used to be christian like you, but the I toke an arrow to the knee.
    Not a problem, our God has been healing the lame for a long time.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    Not a problem, our God has been healing the lame for a long time.
    And still no results? Must be a test.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Healing?

That would be good.

I believe in that. Free medical care for all citizens.

I'm sure that's what the Christians believe in Universal Health Care for all...even illegal Mexicans...paid in full by government health plan or single insurer...

NO denial for pre-existing condition and all the other reasons current health care insurers can deny you.

That would be Bibilical, naturally...

If so, why are all the conservative pundits and Republican sheep against this? If Fox News is pro-Jesus, then why are they against medical care?

And why are they so...generally speaking...pro-War?

Isn't that against Jesus's teachings?

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    I am a Christian.
    I would have expected something like Patrick.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    "The Life of Patrick?"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You rarely disappoint, Nicodemus.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post

<sonic flood: i can sing of your love 4ever >
    I can play that. I introduced it to my old church, years and years ago.

iTunes is selling a collection of 25 xian contemporary worship songs for 69 cents each... Chris Tomlin and a few others.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Not Peace but the Sword

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    And why are they so...generally speaking...pro-War?

Isn't that against Jesus's teachings?
    Let Jesus reply in his own words -

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39)

Parallels in the Gospel of Luke (12:49–53,14:25–33) read, where Jesus said -

49 "I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism* to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law". (Luke 12:49-53)

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Let Jesus reply in his own words -

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39)

Parallels in the Gospel of Luke (12:49–53,14:25–33) read, where Jesus said -

49 "I have come to cast fire upon the Earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism* to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; 52 for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law". (Luke 12:49-53)
    The Bible is the sword of truth.

The word of God is described in Hebrews as being able to divide. Basically, in the scriptures you quoted, Jesus is saying that his mission on earth is to teach people the way to obtain salvation (not peace). And that the gospel is like a sword because it separates people into those who believe and those who do not. More specifically, Jesus is saying that the gospel will cut through families like a sword with some family members believing and other family members rejecting.

Has nothing to do with war in the same context as your discussion with Baj.