• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Christian NTs

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nikola Tesla used ancient Sanskrit terminology in his descriptions of natural phenomena. As early as 1891 Tesla described the universe as a kinetic system filled with energy which could be harnessed at any location. His concepts during the following years were greatly influenced by the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. Swami Vivekananda was the first of a succession of eastern yogi's who brought Vedic philosophy and religion to the west. After meeting the Swami and after continued study of the Eastern view of the mechanisms driving the material world, Tesla began using the Sanskrit words Akasha, Prana, and the concept of a luminiferous ether to describe the source, existence and construction of matter. This paper will trace the development of
Tesla's understanding of Vedic Science, his correspondence with Lord Kelvin concerning these matters, and the relation between Tesla and Walter Russell and other turn of the century scientists concerning advanced understanding of physics. Finally, after being obscured for many years, the author will give a description of what he believes is the the pre-requisite for the free energy systems envisioned by Tesla .

"There manifests itself in the fully developed being , Man,
a desire mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate nature, to create, to work himself the wonders he perceives.... Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving
Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance."

Just a random example of a man who believed in God and the Bibles who also did science, the domain of many Nts.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nikola Tesla used ancient Sanskrit terminology in his descriptions of natural phenomena. As early as 1891 Tesla described the universe as a kinetic system filled with energy which could be harnessed at any location. His concepts during the following years were greatly influenced by the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. Swami Vivekananda was the first of a succession of eastern yogi's who brought Vedic philosophy and religion to the west. After meeting the Swami and after continued study of the Eastern view of the mechanisms driving the material world, Tesla began using the Sanskrit words Akasha, Prana, and the concept of a luminiferous ether to describe the source, existence and construction of matter. This paper will trace the development of
Tesla's understanding of Vedic Science, his correspondence with Lord Kelvin concerning these matters, and the relation between Tesla and Walter Russell and other turn of the century scientists concerning advanced understanding of physics. Finally, after being obscured for many years, the author will give a description of what he believes is the the pre-requisite for the free energy systems envisioned by Tesla .

"There manifests itself in the fully developed being , Man,
a desire mysterious, inscrutable and irresistible: to imitate nature, to create, to work himself the wonders he perceives.... Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving
Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance."

Just a random example of a man who believed in God and the Bibles who also did science, the domain of many Nts.

Tesla did some remarkable science, but I don't think the things you describe here actually fit the definition of "science." I don't even think many would agree it to be "Christian" either.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tesla did some remarkable science, but I don't think the things you describe here actually fit the definition of "science." I don't even think many would agree it to be "Christian" either.

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concetrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power.
My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
Nikola Tesla

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I admit it is not a fact, but it is a POSSIBLE truth of human origins. Believe what you will, and if I am wrong, you have nothing to be afraid of, and if I am right, lets just say that you have taken your first steps into a much larger world.

You lost me at "Jews are the only pure race." Nope, I don't think I just took a step into a much larger world.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concetrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power.
My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.”
Nikola Tesla

Again, just because Tesla claims it to be Christian doesn't mean it was Christian if you actually examine his beliefs yourself rather than believing someone's self-profession.

Discernment, an NT hallmark, is useful.

I admit it is not a fact, but it is a POSSIBLE truth of human origins. Believe what you will, and if I am wrong, you have nothing to be afraid of, and if I am right, lets just say that you have taken your first steps into a much larger world.

I prefer Tron.
Or Greyhawk, if you can manage that.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Again, just because Tesla claims it to be Christian doesn't mean it was Christian if you actually examine his beliefs yourself rather than believing someone's self-profession.

Discernment, an NT hallmark, is useful.

Thank goodness I'm not an NT then, because they tend to act like dicks anyway with their constant arguing and lust for control. lol im either esfp, estp, or istp, and i lied before about being intp

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya in the bible we would be that brother that stabbed the other brother. Dont believe in us, we are the axis of evil !

wildflower

Again...

That's all irrelevant. This thread is titled "Christian NTs" [out yourselves]. This was not intended to be a philosophical discussion.

Therefore, the simple answer to all of your questions [above] is God. God is in control.

For an in-depth analysis of Christianity, you ought to research the threads under the "Philosophy and Spirituality" forum. That's also the place to ask questions. If you're posting in this thread, it's assumed that you're a Christian NT, and you're outing yourself.

hey guys. this wasn't meant to be a debate thread. it would be cool if people respected the OP's wishes and carried on their debates in the philosophy & spirituality forum. :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hey guys. this wasn't meant to be a debate thread. it would be cool if people respected the OP's wishes and carried on their debates in the philosophy & spirituality forum. :)

Well nobody here cares about proper organization of thread topics, so go pick some wildflowers.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank goodness I'm not an NT then, because they tend to act like dicks anyway with their constant arguing and lust for control. lol im either esfp, estp, or istp, and i lied before about being intp

Let's see -- so I challenge the basis of what you say, and instead of talking considerately about it, you call us "dicks" and say we "lust for control?" And that you lied about being INTP?

Now I understand why you were banned from PersonalityCafe.

I'm not a "dick" and I don't "lust for control." I do, however, ask that your ideas fit consistently together OR that you admit that they are not consistent. I don't really care which... so much for your 'control' thing. But there is no basis for a discussion when someone pretends their comments are consistent while they are not. if you just want to shoot the breeze and not have a serious discussion, then that is fine as well... but let's be clear on what is being said.

I mean, really, this is a thread about "NT Christians." So the people you describe should be NT, and they should also be Christian.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Ah I forgot, no democracy in religion. Ok I have to go to bed anyways. Have fun finding your enlightenment

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's see -- so I challenge what you say, and instead of talking considerately about it, you call us "dicks" and say we "lust for control?" And that you lied about being INTP?

Now I understand why you were banned from PersonalityCafe.

Ya wizards are definitely as S and removed from the abstract world of magic as you can get.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] Absolutely nothing, which is what all who underestimate my power are about to become!

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd be curious as to the rationalization of a spirtual NT to be honest. A type characterized by the rational worldview they impose upon the world seems, on the surface, at odds with belief in a being that doesn't make itself present empirically. When I was younger, I certainly "hung on" to the thought of a deity as I began distancing myself from an upbringing that included relgion but ultimately I simply had to cast it aside if I was being honest with myself.

I've always wondered, is it a fear of chaos? A need for the Universe, Life, and Everything to have been designed, to have a purpose? Or something else? Not condemning or judging. Just curious.

42 - but what is the question?

Here is the meta-question:
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejc8a5wW8QI"].[/YOUTUBE]

Religion isn't the answer, it's really a big question mark. It's a great big

WTF?!

(which reminds me of the joke about how to intimidate agnostics into leaving town - burn a giant question mark on their lawn)

And the answer is ... well ...

In many ways, we already know the answer(s). We just aren't satisfied with them.

Oh, and another reason for NT religious belief:

useless.jpg

My current sig is also apropos. Some questions cannot be analyzed by taking them apart to figure out how they work.

It isn't a "rationalization". It's a rational response to the world as it exists. The world is not logical; logic doesn't map to it. You can get to a sorta-kinda-answer, that works for you. The answer isn't precise, it isn't perfect, but it works. That's a large part of why religion exists. It's about how to deal with those nigh-un-answerable questions, and about figuring out what the right questions are. Organized religions are about exploring those answers as a group, rather than just in one's own heart.