User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Thread: Christian NTs

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've been attending freethought groups, which are composed of Atheists. One group responded to taking an online short test (from similar minds). This is a small sample with only about 16 respondents.

There were:

4 INTJ
    4 INTP
    2 ENTJ
    ---------
    10 NT types

2 INFP (one of them me)
    2 ENFP
    ---------
    4 NF types

1 ISTJ (who quit the group soon after testing)
    1 ESTJ
    ---------
    2 SJ types

This is a very conservative area. It is the deep south. The group is in a very red (GOP) state, Alabama. My county (in Florida) votes about 68% GOP.

Does my result mean that the majority of NTs are Atheists? Not necessarily. Christian INTPs may outnumber us in this area for all I know. Yet, if there is a group of Atheists gathered together, my belief is that the NT representation will be significantly higher than the percentage in the general population.

Further, in the Freethought group, only one of the ENTJs is conservative. The rest are generally overwhelmingly liberal.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ^

Anyway I have noticed that xNTJs are quite religious. Out of the NT category ENTJs are the most religious, followed by INTJs>ENTPs. And the least likely to be religious are the INTPs and are the most likely to be atheist out of all MBTI types.

ENTJs
    The ENTJs tend to not question systems. They seem to find better ways of doing things. They are not usually questioners of things but rather efficiency builders. This applies to their religion too. They would not usually question their own religion. They would simply find some practices unworthy, outdated and would probably blame the followers for inventing those rather than blame the religion itself. Therefore would refrain from some practices which they believe are unworthy or not practice the religion at all.

ENTPs
    The ENTP ones tend to be irreligious (doesn't take religion too seriously) than totally condemn the belief of a higher power. They tend to live by their own explanation/interpretation of 'their religion' rather than totally condemn it untrue.
    These ones especially sound very fitting. I think pretty much exactly as your ENTP description. No higher power has been proven to exist, but I don't think existence of such power is impossible at all. Better spend my time thinking of something more constructive though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I say I'm a Christian because I believe in Jesus, but that's generally for lack of a better word for myself that most people would understand. I've considered calling myself unorthodox or proto-orthodox. I have pretty much deconstructed the Christian faith into something that doesn't fit into any group anymore. The 4 main differences from my few years fundy evangelical churches are as follows:

1. I discarded all doctrines concerning hell and the focus on the afterlife. In a properly understood/translated OT there is clearly no hell and eternity is not at stake. Then Jesus comes along in the NT and suddenly everything is about hell. He was there to save Jews from a hell that they would know nothing about unless they started getting into Greek mythology. That's ridiculous! Gehenna is a literal garbage dump, and the lake of fire is mentioned two times in a book full of symbolism. Getting saved has to do with being saved from sin and death in this life. That is the initial problem presented in the Adam and Eve story, not people are now in danger of going to hell.

2. God is not omniscient and maybe not even omnipresent and omnipotent. At least that's how things are when evil beings are in the world. Maybe if every living thing was perfect and good, then God would know what everyone is going to do and would have no hindrances or blind spots. There are clear passages in the OT where it mentions God thinking one thing would happen yet another thing ends up happening. The idea that God is omniscient actually comes from Plato. Instead of those I believe God is omnibenevolent. God is always good and never capable of evil. That does leave it as a mystery, though, concerning how much God knows, where he is present, and how much he can do. He can obviously do a whole lot.

3. The Bible is not perfect, and your interpretation of what you read from it is not absolute truth. If you want to claim the Bible is perfect, go learn about textual criticism before you say anything to me about this. If you want to claim the Greek New Testament is perfect, please tell me which Greek version is the perfect one. If you don't know there are multiple Greek versions, please don't expect me to believe you when you claim there's a perfect Greek new testament.

4. Church building style Christianity is not the best way to go about doing things. I like Frank Viola's books on organic church, although, I have never been a part of anything like that. I don't currently meet with anyone.

A window to the soul

Christian NT's, I found an incredibly powerful vid I wanted to share. This guy is so on fire for God, I can feel his passion. It's refreshing!

I hope you like.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjbY_igTWc"]DMX[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    This guy is so on fire for God, I can feel his passion. It's refreshing!
    If the splendor of that man's god is correlated with the passion it sparks in him, then Justin Bieber may well be the greater god.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1hFzvttw7s"]On Fire for Bieber[/YOUTUBE]

A window to the soul

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Coriolis wrote, (1) “Blind belief in a higher power … dangerous…turns people into sheep … manipulated by leaders with destructive intentions. (2) The leaders need not actually believe in anything themselves except greed, power, and their own personal agenda.
    Thoughtful, (3) critical belief in a higher power is much harder to use in this fashion, and often forms a key motivation of "the resistance" to destructive regimes. Witness Muslims who join terrorist organizations and commit suicide bombings vs. Muslims who speak out against violence and oppression, and are themselves threatened with death.”

“Coriolis dogma and superstition are outrageous nonetheless as this society (Indeed every society) can and is manipulated into buying with a false set in beliefs. Power as well illusion in our world make persons fall to a trap called denial. The defense mechanisms fall into alignment.

I’ve articulated my standing on reason (And this part there may be disagreement), also a critical need of the development in emotional intelligence. ” LightSun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

Can I join? I'm an NF Christian. Born and raised in the church and I'm glad to still be a part of it!!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I am a Christian.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni