User Tag List

123 Last

Post ENTP and self-destructiveness

Alright I haven't started a thread in a while here.

I always seek experiences to test out the limits of my fear. I think the type that contrast the most with us is ISTJ. I've seen alot of EPs seek extreme experiences and have a death wish. I don't know how far this impulse to test the limits will take me, all whether it will ruin my own life or not. I just think we are programmed by society to fear certain things, and we have to overcome our demons to achieve greatness. I just don't want to be limited by fear, so sometimes I push myself to do things that are extremely risky. I might destroy myself with this kind of behavior, but I rather experience than believe in my fear.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Sometimes I just question myself will i get destroyed and die from this, and then I just go do it to find out.
    Like challenging whats the worst that could happen.

I just hate being regulated by my fear. I really want to know how far things can go.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What do you mean specifically? Drugs, bungee jumping, extreme sports... I'm getting a drugs vibe, but don't try to do mountain-climbing when you're on drugs.

If that's an impulse you have, it's good to get it out of your system while you're young I guess. Because it is something you probably won't want to do forever. But don't do gun games, Russian roulette & stuff like that.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Are you a guy? It might be a testosterone thing.

I really don't think I can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    What do you mean specifically? Drugs, bungee jumping, extreme sports... I'm getting a drugs vibe, but don't try to do mountain-climbing when you're on drugs.

If that's an impulse you have, it's good to get it out of your system while you're young I guess. Because it is something you probably won't want to do forever. But don't do gun games, Russian roulette & stuff like that.

No, I don't advocate doing drugs, or am I a drug user.

There are alot of dangerous things you can do in life besides doing drugs.

Like the human spider for example, he climb towers, just to challenge his limitations.

Its kind of like in the iron man movie, when tony stark decided to test pilot his new suit, even though it might kill him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Is it kind of like that, or is it EXACTLY LIKE THAT?

Show us your room of deadly inventions.
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."

Its more like testing the limits of your fear. Everytime you prove your fear wrong, you soar to a new height.

No, I haven't developed that kind of invention yet.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    Alright I haven't started a thread in a while here.

I always seek experiences to test out the limits of my fear. I think the type that contrast the most with us is ISTJ. I've seen alot of EPs seek extreme experiences and have a death wish. I don't know how far this impulse to test the limits will take me, all whether it will ruin my own life or not. I just think we are programmed by society to fear certain things, and we have to overcome our demons to achieve greatness. I just don't want to be limited by fear, so sometimes I push myself to do things that are extremely risky. I might destroy myself with this kind of behavior, but I rather experience than believe in my fear.
    I'd say I'm rather risk averse. Well not exactly. Let us say that I invest rather than 'dare'. If the 'investment' doesn't make sense I won't do it, but I'm fine with dropping everything and moving to another country if the investment's worth it for example. I don't really have the self imposed limitations people seem to set in lots of fields, because again, i looked at them and I don't see the actual risk to be as high as the commonly perceived risk for that category of behavior\environment.

Now It's not just about logic, human nature, human experience etc goes beyond that, if i believe my 'person' will benefit from taking some personal risk It'll also be a reason to 'take a risk'. You can't win if you don't play.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I am generalising widely and hope this doesn't sound insulting, but I get the impression that ExxPs don't really learn from experience.

Perhaps this is just the case with the few I know for [pretty] sure I've interacted with, and I think I've been in closer contact with ExFPs. But it just seems as though ExxPs are likely to say "ohhhh, never again..." in the short term - and then in the long term they make the same mistakes (and they're not just characterized as mistakes from my perspective; they call them mistakes themselves) over. and over. and over. and over again. And yes, I know everyone does this to a certain extent and it's human nature - but I'm talking really massive, dramatic stuff in some cases. Stuff that could be avoided if you didn't insist on flinging yourself headlong into a path of maximum drama.

In certain cases it has made me wonder if they are saying "yes, I've really learned my lesson" this time because of my presence and because I'm a friend (and one somewhat prone to lecturing those I care about, I admit - probably quite annoying sometimes, though I try to keep it low-key). Maybe they wouldn't say it all otherwise - though they do sound sincere when I say it; it's just that with certain people I've learned to not put much faith in it.

Not sure if this is so relevant to the OP, but it was what came to mind!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Not sure if this is so relevant to the OP, but it was what came to mind!
    see what you've done ?!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE