User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default NTs in Classrooms

For those NT's in high-school and college, what do you do in classrooms? Do you zone out and doodle on your paper or do you pay attention and participate? Do you find the front row to sit in or the back? Are you quiet or loud in class? Do you debate with the teacher and students; listen and make a succinct point; or agree with the class consensus?

I find that I participate the most in classes that are challenging. Whenever a class is easy, I find it boring, and stay very quiet. But in the classes that have debates and discussion, especially in regards to philosophical or theoretical subjects, I love to discuss and explore ideas. After all, I paid to be there, and I am using my time, so I might as well learn something interesting. There are some classes that I will be like a ghost, but others where I can't shut up, probably to the annoyance of others. I think I learn best when actively engaging rather than doing nothing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhGCZs7a_s&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I sit towards the front and off to a side. I am very quite, and I write a bunch. Typically I write about something that pertains to the class, but not all the time. I get a lot of blank stares when I participate.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhGCZs7a_s&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]
    ironic. i have one of those.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    showoff
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pv255 View Post
    *coincidental

Not really sure. I think I pay attention, because I do well on tests and I don't really study much. Also, I ask many questions, so I guess I do.

Actually, I think I pay attention if it's something I'm interested in. Otherwise no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm starting to see you and your avatar as a cloud of odor that eminates from trashy threads.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I've been out of school awhile, but I remember if things got boring, I would work on homework, for that class or even for another. In French class, the teacher would dictate sentences in English for us to translate for homework. I could usually write them down directly in French, and then my homework would be done! If the class was a challenge, though, I would pay close attention and be sure to ask questions if I had any.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Argue with the prof.

Thank god for ENTJ profs (and ENFJs) or I'd be dead with all those Fi bastards taking things personally.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by So It Goes View Post
    For those NT's in high-school and college, what do you do in classrooms? Do you zone out and doodle on your paper or do you pay attention and participate? Do you find the front row to sit in or the back? Are you quiet or loud in class? Do you debate with the teacher and students; listen and make a succinct point; or agree with the class consensus?

I find that I participate the most in classes that are challenging. Whenever a class is easy, I find it boring, and stay very quiet. But in the classes that have debates and discussion, especially in regards to philosophical or theoretical subjects, I love to discuss and explore ideas. After all, I paid to be there, and I am using my time, so I might as well learn something interesting. There are some classes that I will be like a ghost, but others where I can't shut up, probably to the annoyance of others. I think I learn best when actively engaging rather than doing nothing.
    Unless the material was of real interest to me, I tended to zone out alot in class. I learned best by reading and studying on my own. I was mostly quiet but not afraid to ask questions as needed.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP

I sat in front, usually. I don't really get the "I was bored because the class was too easy, blahblahblah." I always found there was something to be learned in every class--if you are engaged and wanting to learn, you find a way to learn. Sometimes it's just a matter of asking the right questions. A lot of the time, a teacher will gauge the lecture according to the level of the class. You can get a lot more out of a class from genuine interest than you can smartassery.
    Something Witty