User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Front with eyes glaring interestedly on the prof or on the information presented. Posing a question at every idea present. There aren't many interested folks in my school so it often ends up with me and the prof talking exclusively.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

This's me after I got mocked in class again:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned

I'll zone out. Usually write something about anything. Usually turns out to be at least partially related to what everyone is talking about.

Unless the class is particularly interesting...then I'll speak up and ask questions, and challenge points.

I'm the guy that won't say anything the whole semester except for one or two days in which I'll just decide to participate.

I like to "beat thought" in philosophy classes...that is, I come up with the likely questions students will ask (mostly because I have the same questions) but I'll try to formulate the answers myself. When that question gets asked (or point gets made), I can then progress the discussion to thought I find more interesting personally. I always have the sense that philosophy teachers know that's what I'm doing though, and they seem to have ways of curbing this lol.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by So It Goes View Post
    For those NT's in high-school and college, what do you do in classrooms? Do you zone out and doodle on your paper or do you pay attention and participate? Do you find the front row to sit in or the back? Are you quiet or loud in class? Do you debate with the teacher and students; listen and make a succinct point; or agree with the class consensus?

I find that I participate the most in classes that are challenging. Whenever a class is easy, I find it boring, and stay very quiet. But in the classes that have debates and discussion, especially in regards to philosophical or theoretical subjects, I love to discuss and explore ideas. After all, I paid to be there, and I am using my time, so I might as well learn something interesting. There are some classes that I will be like a ghost, but others where I can't shut up, probably to the annoyance of others. I think I learn best when actively engaging rather than doing nothing.
    In college, I didn't really go to class unless I had a good reason to. I prefer learning on my own. To be fair, though, I wasn't the greatest student grade-wise. When I did go to class I was engaged as much as possible. I was never one of those tools who corrected the prof or anything, but I enjoyed class discussions and would usually contribute.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I definitely like to participate. I have things to say and want to say them! I tend to zone out if I don't participate - either because I'm bored and daydreaming, or because I've got sidetracked by something the lecturer said and now I'm turning it over in my head while they plough right on. I was much better in the classroom than in lectures. I still daydreamed, but the passive listening was broken up by activity, which suited me better. I need to take notes, or I don't remember things. Just having a handout to read is a great way to make me zone.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    I definitely like to participate. I have things to say and want to say them! I tend to zone out if I don't participate - either because I'm bored and daydreaming, or because I've got sidetracked by something the lecturer said and now I'm turning it over in my head while they plough right on. I was much better in the classroom than in lectures. I still daydreamed, but the passive listening was broken up by activity, which suited me better. I need to take notes, or I don't remember things. Just having a handout to read is a great way to make me zone.
    You basically described what I do in class, 99.99999999% of ze time.