• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why INTJs -can- be more intellectual than INTPs

sculpting

BigBunnies.jpg

A metaphorical representation that deeply ties to the meaning of this thread.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not that INTJs are any more or less intelligent than INTPs but I could see how they might *appear* to be more intelligent. INTJs seem to appear to be more confident in their knowledge than INTPs, who are more likely to think they never have enough information. INTJs are more likely to go ahead and get that scientific research article published while INTPs are still searching for just one more piece of information. INTJs tend to be more driven and in certain intellectual endeavors that require a great deal of drive and self-discipline to succeed, INTJs are more likely to come out ahead.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not that INTJs are any more or less intelligent than INTPs but I could see how they might *appear* to be more intelligent. INTJs seem to appear to be more confident in their knowledge than INTPs, who are more likely to think they never have enough information. INTJs are more likely to go ahead and get that scientific research article published while INTPs are still searching for just one more piece of information. INTJs tend to be more driven and in certain intellectual endeavors that require a great deal of drive and self-discipline to succeed, INTJs are more likely to come out ahead.

I think the reason why INTJs might appear to be more intelligent to some(not so intelligent) is that they say and think they are the most intelligent. Ofc not all of them are like this, those who arent usually are the ones that actually are the highly intelligent ones, because this "im the best" attitude with strong ego prevents them from learning properly and keeps them living in their own little world that is unconsciously led by Fi.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I think the reason why INTJs might appear to be more intelligent to some(not so intelligent) is that they say and think they are the most intelligent.

God I love our minds.

R

Riva

As [MENTION=5398]Edgar[/MENTION] once famously said INTPs are 'mental maturbators.'

And mental masturbation doesn't leave one too far, other than towards more masturbation.

On the other-hand INTJs are 'the supreme pragmatists.'

This leads to results. INTJs are more focused on results than intellectual pursuits. The intellectuals pursuits come in a form of contemplation for INTJs.

Anyway, in this regard INTPs are more intelligent when it comes to theory. In the same regard INTJs are more intelligent when it comes to implementation of theory.

I think the reason why INTJs might appear to be more intelligent to some(not so intelligent) is that they say and think they are the most intelligent.

They say and think they are more intelligent only on forums. IRL they seem to be stuck in a 'what am I doing?' 'He/she is lying' 'he/she is stupid' loop, rather than a genuine feeling of intelligence. Lolz...

Ps -

All this time I though [MENTION=3991]Uytuun[/MENTION] was the new mod selected along with Vas. It seems it's [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION].

Confusing as hell!!!!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As [MENTION=5398]Edgar[/MENTION] once famously said INTPs are 'mental maturbators.'

And mental masturbation doesn't leave one too far, other than towards more masturbation.

On the other-hand INTJs are 'the supreme pragmatists.'

This leads to results. INTJs are more focused on results than intellectual pursuits. The intellectuals pursuits come in a form of contemplation for INTJs.

Anyway, in this regard INTPs are more intelligent when it comes to theory. In the same regard INTJs are more intelligent when it comes to implementation of theory.

ENTJs are the supreme pragmatists. INTJs are the supreme pragmatic theorizers

R

Riva

ENTJs are the supreme pragmatists. INTJs are the supreme pragmatic theorizers

ENTJs are not the supreme pragmatists. Perceiving doms are (atleast theoretically) more pragmatic than Judging doms. The ExxJs and IxxPs want structure 1st. The structure could be external or internal (for IxxPs).

Anyway,

ENTJs need structure 1st, therefore Te has to act 1st. Then comes Ni in to play. Whereas for INTJs nothing on earth has to make sense. They only need the hunch. And then they get on with it right away.

I probably have to go in to more detail to make more sense. But sigh I have to go to sleep now.

Hmmm....

ENTJs - 1st (This doesn't make sense), 2nd (Tries to make sense), 3rd (Makes sense), 4th (Takes action).
INTJs - 1st (Aha!), 2nd (Takes action).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a little genious, you have to admit.

(PS: don't worry, I have been feeling stupid all day)

Sorry, but cant admit.

pv255

ENTJs need structure 1st, therefore Te has to act 1st. Then comes Ni into play. Whereas for INTJs nothing on earth has to make sense. They only need the hunch. And then they get on with it right away.

I probably have to go in to more detail to make more sense. But sigh I have to go to sleep now.

I get it. It's just the process of heuristic. ENTJs do Te, Ni, then act. INFJ do Ni, act, then Te later.
Intellect can't be quantified in my opinion. There are situations where one function will perform better than the others and vice-versa. Society do place higher value on some functions above the others. But thats society....

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Imo INTJs seem to quite likely to gather shitloads of information that is made up by intelligent people, if they learn to use this info they have gathered in smart ways, they can come up with really extraordinary discoveries and be very intellectual. Its just that quite often INTJs arent able to use this info correctly and think that they are smart because they have read about smart things and this usually comes with high ego and "im the smartest kid in the world" attitude..When it comes to smart INTJ vs smart INTP, the INTJ will most likely shine on knowledge and INTP will most likely shine with deduction skills.

Sounds more like ISTJs than INTJs. INTJs are more interested in learning concepts than specific facts. (Of course that's a generality. Everybody does all of these things to some degree)

pv255

Sounds more like ISTJs than INTJs. INTJs are more interested in learning concepts than specific facts. (Of course that's a generality. Everybody does all of these things to some degree)

I think INTP meant that. He/She just didnt phrase it that way. INTJs gather a bunch of concepts created by other people, rank them, and choose the option. All the best concepts collected in one place is in itself innovative. INTJs make decisions with convergent thinking, like a tree diagram. In contrast, INTPs think in parallels. We see a series of events and then identify the events relationship. We take that concept and test it with other events to see if they make sense.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
I think both types are intellectual, but I voted for an INTPs. They likes to learn everything, and of course they knowledge are more better. I don't speak for every INTJs, as for me, I only like to learn certain things which catches my interest.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INTJs and INTPs debate for aeons about who is more intellectual while ENTPs get all the hot chicks and ENTJ make money. I'ld say the debate is a loss-loss situation :)

Nicodemus

INTJs and INTPs debate for aeons about who is more intellectual while ENTPs get all the hot chicks and ENTJ make money. I'ld say the debate is a loss-loss situation :)
When the important things are taken, one has to fight for what is left.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You say smart things from time to time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I thought ENTP getting all the hot chicks and ENTJs making all the money was a law of nature. Fatalism seemed appropriate.

Nah. entp nature is optimism and a morbid helping nature. That way I have scared away all intps or intjs I tried to be friends with